Man killed in wood-chipper accident is identified

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Man killed in wood-chipper accident is identified

The Orange resident was working with a tree-trimming crew in Tustin. He was throwing branches into the machine one moment, authorities say, and then suddenly 'he was gone.'

By David Haldane, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
November 9, 2007

A man killed in a Tustin wood-chipper accident was identified Thursday as Gabriel Gonzales-Ferrer, 24, of Orange.

The tree service worker "was standing at the back end of the chipper, throwing branches into it with his co-workers nearby," said Sgt. Pat Welch of the Tustin Police Department. "One of them looked over, and he was gone."

Authorities took the wood chipper and the truck to which it was attached to a parking structure at the Orange County coroner's office, where it was dismantled and Gonzales-Ferrer's remains removed. An autopsy is scheduled today to confirm the cause of death "and rule out anything else, including foul play," supervising deputy coroner Leslie Meader said.

There was no immediate evidence of a crime or that alcohol or drugs were involved, Welch said.

"He was one of three workers trimming trees and removing debris from a private residence," he said. "One was in the tree and the other hauling debris. He was there and then he wasn't there; it was an unfortunate industrial accident."

The accident, which occurred about 4 p.m. Wednesday in the 2600 block of Palmetto, is being investigated by the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health, authorities said

Jose Martinez, owner of JM Tree Service in Anaheim where the men were employed, said Thursday that he was too distraught to talk. "I don't have an explanation to tell you," he said.

Thirty-one people were killed in wood-chipper accidents between 1992 and 2002, according to a 2005 report by the Journal of the American Medical Assn.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-woodchipper9nov09,0,2983821.story?coll=la-home-center

An autopsy is scheduled today to confirm the cause of death Ummm being pulled through a wood chipper perhaps Quincy?

NightStalker3

a complete moron that posts
Oct 4, 2004
Now that's a Sucks To Be You.

[nsfw]
[/nsfw]

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
ha ha! sucks to be you

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
Jul 24, 2005
Idaho
I guess he got a little behind in his work.

the max

attempted murder? now honestly, what is that?
Sep 28, 2006
south florida
i was going to guess it was carl showalter.

"and i guess that was your accomplice in the woodchipper."

Mommadeez4u

Bastard coated bastard w/ bastard filling
Mar 26, 2005
Washington, DC
it turns out he died of massive traumatic injury and bloodloss

May 7, 2003
Hicksville NY

jackjack

May 12, 2007
Daytona Beach
I love that they always conduct an autopsy over obvious kills.

Are they really?
They won't be needing the knife or bone shears this time..
Just a table full of gooey leaves and bark.

It probably won't entail much more than sending a jar full of the glop to a lab for toxicology testing.