man spilled his soda pop, but he wasn't upset after semi takes him for 4 mile ride

ChewDown

Tribune Staff Report

PAW PAW, Mich. -- A 21-year-old man was taken on a wild ride Wednesday afternoon when the wheelchair he was in became attached to the grille of a semi-truck and was taken four miles down a highway at about 50 mph.

The man, whose name police did not release, was not injured. The driver was unaware he was pushing the man, according to a news release from the Michigan State Police.

Authorities began receiving calls about 4 p.m. that the semi was traveling westbound on Red Arrow Highway, just outside of Paw Paw, with the wheelchair.

"You are not going to believe this, (but) there is a semi pushing a guy in a wheelchair on Red Arrow Highway," an unknown caller told the Michigan State Police.

Police at first believed the calls were pranks. But when troopers responded to the Ralph Moyle Trucking Co. at 39269 Red Arrow Highway where the semi had come to a stop, they noticed the wheelchair with the man sitting in it, still attached.

"It was quite a ride," the man reportedly told police.

"The man spilled his soda pop, but he wasn't upset," Sgt. Kathy Morton of the Michigan State Police said.

Police said the man was unharmed and unfazed by the incident.

The driver was in disbelief when he stepped out of the semi and saw what he had picked up along the way, police said.

"When he saw us, he was like, 'What's going on?'" Morton said.

An investigation revealed the driver had pulled out of a local gas station when the man in the wheelchair pulled in front of the semi, according to police. His wheelchair somehow became lodged by its handles to the front grille.

"Thank God the semi didn't go on (Interstate) 94," Morton said.

E-Mail Story | Print Story | Newsletter | Buy Photos

A 21-year-old man was taken down a highway outside of Paw Paw, Mich., at about 50 mph when his wheelchair became attached to a semi-truck.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Local news Stories:

Mishawaka airman’s body in United States

Former YWCA employee’s trial postponed

Biomet buyer sweetens pot

17-year-old injured when ejected from car in school lot

Motorcyclist injured in Elkhart crash

More News Stories...

BravoSierra

Why do people keep calling me?
Woulda been more funny if the guy had a walker instead of a wheelchair.

gleet

What's black and white and red all over?
I hope he didn't get squashed June bugs on his pristine white sneakers.

AngryPest

Awful "lucky" that his wheelchair was lined up perfectly for the semi to give a nice ride.

cigarsandscotch

Smoke and drink up.
Sometimes Darwinism fails.
Who the fuck rolls out in a wheelchair in front of a semi?

Warfarer

I can't think of anything funny.
so would this be a unlucky lottery or a sucks to be you?

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
This happened in the town i live in, and it's a small town 5,000 people. I first seen the news vans at this gas station 2 mile from my house not really knowing what was up , and later that night i seen the story on CNN headline news. Funny shit though.

Fr. Dougal

This happened in the town i live in, and it's a small town 5,000 people. I first seen the news vans at this gas station 2 mile from my house not really knowing what was up , and later that night i seen the story on CNN headline news. Funny shit though.
Seen it?