Mancow calls satellite radio a "one night stand"

May 15, 2007
Mancow was quoted in Inside Radio recently, criticizing satellite radio and uncensored content in general.

"Mancow says satellite radio is like a one night stand. He says uncensored content is 'kind of exciting — but you cannot have a substantial relationship with that kind of host.' 'Mancow,' [the creator of 'Drunk Chick Friday'] says the pressure for morning show hosts to push the envelope has been 'a cancer on our business' and he’s renewing his call for a less coarse content on radio."

As Mark Ramsey of Hear 2.0 points out, Mancow calling for "less coarse content" is like taking diet advice from trans fats.

I just find it funny that the guy who publishes a book about free speech is now saying that uncensored content is "kind of exciting." His entire career, until recently, has been based on coarse content.

But to associate satellite radio and its uncensored content with being a "cancer" in the business? C'mon, you need to try harder than that Mancow.

Either way, sounds like yet another attempt at publicity to me.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/mancow-calls-satellite-radio-a-one-night-stand.html

ASSMAN

Dec 22, 2002
Fargo
lex and terry did drunk bitch friday years ago. who is being ripped off?

CoalShoveler

Jun 18, 2007
Midlothian, VA
Mancow doesn't like coarse content because he knows he can't compete with it , plain and simple.

If you can't beat 'um, censor 'um.

Smokezilla

U. S. Backstroke Roulette Champion
Jul 30, 2005
BumFuck-Egypt, KY
They probably conducted that interview just before Mancow had to make an appearance at the Grand Opening of a Denny's in Wasau, WI. . . fucking irrelevant douchebag.:icon_roll

It's a repost, but it's appropriate:

[nsfw]
[/nsfw]

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
He's bitter because they don't want him. Look at the shitbag shows that Sirius has signed, and even they don't want anything to do with Mancow.

prozac

I Munch on Bloody Tampons for Protein
Nov 15, 2004
medication cabinet
This guy just can't shut up....He did the shock jock thing and now he's a goody two shoes, so what's next for him?

Plunkies

Jun 28, 2006
If satellite radio is a one night stand then Mancow is aids.

Razor Roman

Save the USH!
Aug 27, 2002
Sayreville NJ
Honestly, I don't think O&A have been "pushing the envelope" on satellite radio. I love the show, but they aren't doing anything that didn't used to be done on regular radio, except they can curse. If anything, I think it improves the connection between the listener and the host, because they are talking more naturally, more freely, and more like the way the listener would talk with his friends.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Mancow's stance on talk radio at this point is yet another reason why he sucks at life. When you have both Trent Lott and Nancy Pelosi saying something has to be done about political talk radio you know the censorship issue is coming to a head. They're coming for you next douchebag! He's too stupid to see it though. He thinks it's just shock jocks in the cross hairs. What a dumbass.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Hmmmm .... sounds like Mancow's a bitter troll. I'm sure that if he'd been able to get a gig on XM or the doggie company he'd still be pushing the envelope and would be singing the praises of satellite. But terrestrial doesn't want him, nor does satellite, so it's easier to point blame at others rather than seeing that he's a has-been hack.

Monstercloud

Feb 15, 2005
NH
Everytime Mancow speaks, it's the same horse shit about something wrong with OTHER people, when he should worry about his own shitty ratings. "People don't want to listen to this anymore" "Satellite is doomed" "Opie and Dopie should be thrown off".. it's same horse shit so someone speaks up "GOOD POINT MANCOW!" and something snowballs. The only thing that's going to snowball, is moose cum between his mouth and a moose's.

Pat Battler

Aug 19, 2005
This guy fucking infuriates me.

He did exactly what he now "campaigns" against. The only reason he ever had a following was his stupid antics that were completely unoriginal from day one, but got him some press at least.

He was an O&A/Stern clone, and now he thinks he can be a Rush/Hannity clone. Get a clue, faggot, be yourself on the radio and you might get somewhere. Oh, but you might have to have 2 brain cells to rub together, and a personality of your own to do that.

I hope he gets hit by a bus.

Creeping Douche

"And this guy's sayin', whaddya want from me?"
May 10, 2006
Nassau Cunty
Mancow is just agitated because of the herpes, crabs, gonorrhea and Super AIDS he got from all those "one-night stands" in Penn Station with the homeless.

The Godfather

Spark it up for The Godfather and say!!!!!
May 9, 2007
At Mohegan Sun, they had an intro video of a media montage relating to Opie and Anthony.

A Mancow clip was in it, and the whole arena boo-ed the shit out of his presence on the screen. Quality fun, i'll tell you what. HeHEhe

GLENN_THE_TOOL

The reward is cheese.
May 23, 2005
i wonder if someone pulled the interviewer to the side and told them to say "Love you, love your show" at the beginning of the interview.

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
thats nice.
this guy has no power, no voice, and is talking to himself.

die...please

BadGuy

The executioner of Mouseschwitz!
Jun 10, 2005
Your Mom's Box
Read the article closely - They're basically calling him a hypocrite.

May 15, 2007
This guy just can't shut up....He did the shock jock thing and now he's a goody two shoes, so what's next for him?

Hmmmm .... sounds like Mancow's a bitter troll. I'm sure that if he'd been able to get a gig on XM or the doggie company he'd still be pushing the envelope and would be singing the praises of satellite. But terrestrial doesn't want him, nor does satellite, so it's easier to point blame at others rather than seeing that he's a has-been hack.
Please. Mancow couldn't push the envelope if he worked for the post office