Manga Reccomendations

Dec 12, 2007
Baki series - Heard about this long running series for years and it lives up to the hype. Its certainly refreshing after reading so many happy go lucky "don't kill" mangas.

The art is a mix of old style Japanese paintings, 80s North Star-esk manga, and modern manga. It creates these strange face and body dimensions that make people look like monsters.

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
^ Reminds me of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Dec 12, 2007
When Goblin Slayer gets his own show. It will be a glorious day.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I just checked in on Blue Exorcist for the first time in quite a few months, and holy shit.
Yukio finally turned on Rin and defected to the Illuminati. It's been foreshadowed for years, and yet it still hit like a gut punch.

Dec 12, 2007
I just checked in on Blue Exorcist for the first time in quite a few months, and holy shit.
Yukio finally turned on Rin and defected to the Illuminati. It's been foreshadowed for years, and yet it still hit like a gut punch.
I take it you haven't seen the untranslated issue that came out on the fourth. That one should knock them socks off.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I take it you haven't seen the untranslated issue that came out on the fourth. That one should knock them socks off.
I can only find enough on Google Images to form a loose picture of what Chapter 98 looks like, and yeah, it looks like a motherfucker of a chapter.

Dec 12, 2007
yeah, it looks like a motherfucker of a chapter.

DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

imgur.com/a/P1ezt

stupid auto tags making it an image aaaaaannnndddd I got it now. Ok, you can use the link webaddress.

Last edited:

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA

DON'T YOU TELL ME WHAT I ALREADY KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy.

imgur.com/a/P1ezt
I love a good Mephisto info dump, and it looks like we're going to get a good one after this chapter. Speaking of which...
... after everything we've seen so far, I have to revisit the question: Where do you think Mephisto fits into all of this? I'm really not sure anymore, but I still think that he's ultimately, in the most roundabout and selfish way possible, on humanity's side.

Dec 12, 2007
I love a good Mephisto info dump, and it looks like we're going to get a good one after this chapter. Speaking of which...
... after everything we've seen so far, I have to revisit the question: Where do you think Mephisto fits into all of this? I'm really not sure anymore, but I still think that he's ultimately, in the most roundabout and selfish way possible, on humanity's side.
Anything to get out from under his older brothers thumb is his motto. The brothers are just a means to an end of being free from his control and doing whatever he wants.

I for see our new flame hearted Rin using his magic powers to close the portal to hell.

Do we need spoilers? I can't remember if anyone but us reads.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Anything to get out from under his older brothers thumb is his motto. The brothers are just a means to an end of being free from his control and doing whatever he wants.

I for see our new flame hearted Rin using his magic powers to close the portal to hell.

Do we need spoilers? I can't remember if anyone but us reads.
Better safe than sorry, I guess. What doesn't require spoilers is this question that I've also been pondering: Are we now starting to approach the end of the overall story, or is this just the new status quo?

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
Got almost a complete set of Soul Eater today for only $1 a volume.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
That series any good? I've never checked it out.
Don't remember. Read some of the manga, really loved the one fight against Mifune, but I never finished it. Never finished the anime either, but I know it deviated heavily from the manga as is tradition.

Dec 12, 2007
Red Storm, one of my favorite comics, is coming back on July 7th. Been on hiatus after the artists mother died of cancer a couple months ago and no one was sure when it would return.

When Goblin Slayer gets his own show. It will be a glorious day.

Hey, this came true!

Dec 12, 2007
Golesseum is a bizarre comic. A bizzaro world Hulk Hogan just showed up and he's telling people to eat their vitamins before killing them.