Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend Was A Hoax

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
How about this asshole addresses the part where he says he met her?

Edit: Never mind, I guess he did. He admitted to lying that he never met her.

Yup.

Te'o said he "tailored" his stories so people would think he "met her before she passed away."

"I knew that -- I even knew that it was crazy that I was with somebody that I didn't meet," he said. "And that alone people find out that this girl who died I was so invested in, and I didn't meet her as well."
First of all, fuck you "tailored." LIED.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to believe he may have really been the victim here. I just can't believe with this entire system behind him and covering it that nobody noticed. Almost shocking, really. Way always say the media is incompetent, but this one really hurts. In this day and age this type of thing can still work? For shame...

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
As for why Te'o never visited his dying girlfriend in the hospital, he told Schaap, "it never really crossed my mind"
More and more I'm leaning to this kid just being a retarded meat-head idiot

Rash Rendering

Feb 9, 2010
I agree... I think he's just rock stupid. Or a moe... possibly a queeb or a quay. You'd think at least one club slut he banged over a weekend looking for some camera time would come forward and talk about him.

Jacuzzi Billy

Watching PTI
Donator
Mar 22, 2006
Red Jacuzzi
He might be an idiot, but like I said before, he probably had an idea on some level it wasn't true. So he didn't take any actions that would confirm it wasn't true more from fear of it ending than from stupidity.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Here is the supposed confession Te'o received via DMs. Interesting that it is dated after the story blew up...

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
So is everyone done with this?
The voicemails are creepy... The guy doing the girl's voice is a creep and does a good impression.

I'm now hoping somehow TMZ or someone get phone sex tapes of Te'O and this other dude.
Just for fun value

luckie1710

Jul 21, 2008
Im watching the interview now. They havent gotten to the voicemails yet.

But one weird thing here.

He said that he had to ask permission to sleep over a friends house when he was in hawaii. And said that he didnt want to tell his parents that he missed his flight to meet up with her. What the hell is that all about?

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
Im watching the interview now. They havent gotten to the voicemails yet.

But one weird thing here.

He said that he had to ask permission to sleep over a friends house when he was in hawaii. And said that he didnt want to tell his parents that he missed his flight to meet up with her. What the hell is that all about?
He seems like a weirdo...
Like he wasn't allowed to date in HS, weird religious stuff, parents way too involved, etc.

I'm not going to watch the interview, I just saw what PTI played. I also like on the ESPN scroll it says something to the fact that [Whoever the Hawaiian guy is with the spiky hair] was able to do very good impressions.

Jan 25, 2006
Saint Louis
I can imagine the rookie-hazing for Te'o could be fun. Or non-existent since everyone knows he might be slightly retarded.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
It looks like the AP has discovered that Te'o's girlfriend was a hoax! Say it ain't so!

Correction: References to Manti Te'o's girlfriend in stories from September to January

Published February 08, 2013
Associated Press
In a Sept. 15, 2012, story about Notre Dame's college football victory over Michigan State that highlighted linebacker Manti Te'o's performance, The Associated Press erroneously reported that he played in the game a few days after the death of his girlfriend, who had a long battle with leukemia. Other AP stories through Jan. 3, 2013, also contained references to the girlfriend's death, including some directly quoting Te'o and his father, Brian Te'o, about how he played through personal grief. On Jan. 16, Notre Dame officials and Manti Te'o said there was never a girlfriend or a death, and that Te'o was victimized in a hoax. Others have since come forward to say Te'o was duped in a series of phone calls and online messages purporting to be from a girl he never met in person.
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2013/...in-stories-from-september-to/?intcmp=HPBucket