OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Manufacturing Low Crime Rates at the NYPD

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stevethrower, Aug 10, 2012.

1. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Link

2. Hudson

Hudson Supreme Champion!!!!!
    Donator

I blame the Jew.

3. bb1mobile

bb1mobile wackbag's special mod
    Wackbag Staff

In this case I do believe you're correct.

4. Hudson

Donator

If you shoot at the barn enough, you are bound to hit the prize pig every once and again.

5. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

ConStat is a better name for the system that encourages cooking the books.

Policing is not suppose to be about making politicians look good, or raising revenue.

Crime, is what it is.

6. Mags

Mags Edgelord
    Donator

Bloomberg is directly responsible. Have no doubts.

7. poppAwoody

poppAwoody C colon enter

comstat sucks, its a numbers driven police force

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

This happens everywhere.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

9. Hudson

Donator

Of course, I do have 20/20 vision.

10. Jon the Cop

Jon the Cop Registered User

EXACTLY! I was threatened by 3 supervisors during my time on patrol. All 3 times it was over me questioning their order to change the title of an ARSON report to something stupid like "fire of unknown origin" or "suspicious fire". Really? Was the fire suspicious? Was it lurking in the shadows near the house prior to engulfing it? I only got in Sgt to admit it was because of fucking stats that he was ordering me to remove the word arson from my report. Never mind that I walked through this house with a fire chief and was shown where accelerant was used etc, he told me it was an arson. But no, we won't call it that!

I've also personally seen ra pe reports titled something else so the stats don't go up and the current mayor/chief look better to the public come stats time. Mayor get reelected and chief stays in his comfy chair, his underlings stay in their comfy spots.... It's despicable.

11. jimmyslostchin

jimmyslostchin Malarkey is slang for bullshit isn't it?

Was it titled "Oopsie he tripped and fell and his penis landed in her vagina" report?

12. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

It's easy to blame the politicians for treating cops like tax collectors, but the police chiefs and unions share in that blame.

13. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

They pull this CompStat manipulationin the Midwest. Thing is, so many bodies are hitting the ground, namely in Chicago, that people can't be bullshitted that "crime is going down." If somebody gets stabbed you can call it something like aggravated assault with a deadly weapon instead of a murder attempt, a "r word" can become a sexual assault, but if somebody else murders somebody else you can't play semantics with the corpse. Murder is the one thing that is really hard to bullshit people on.

Whatever police officers are told to classify the crimes in order to please their bosses and political critters has definitely gone down in severity but in no way does anybody believe that crime is "down" in places like Milwaukee or Chicago.

14. Motor Head

Motor Head HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL

Yep, one of my best friends was a shift supervisor and he was under constant orders to review reports and have the arresting officer clean up their paperwork. At the time North Omaha was turning into Beirut. The mayor was trying to attract new businesses to Omaha and the last thing he wanted was black on black crime fucking up the CompStats. Caterpillar was about to agree to put a combine plant in West Omaha and BMW had narrowed down where they were going to put their next SUV plant between someplace in NC or Omaha.

15. Neckbeard

Neckbeard I'm Team Piggy!

NYC and Chicago also have enormous financial pressure because of their tourist destination natures. Nobody wants to hear about non-stop sexual assaults, flash mobs and murder attempts. NYC has had some sort of Black-Hispanic drug and race war going on for quite some time and Chicago has totally gone to the black gangs and savages so the CompStat manipulation pressure is huge. The "Magnificient Mile" in Chicago for instance is a death trap for Whites and Asians and all the festivals in NYC and Chicago are absolute bongo parties and chimpouts but you'll never hear it.

Plus, with NYC it is all black and brown coddling. Something like 95+ percent of all knife and gun crime is committed by Blacks and Hispanics.
    Fuckin' Bloomberg and Emmanuel would NEVER speak race reality on NYC's violent crime problem.

16. kidconnor

kidconnor 55gallon hog

Easy thing to do is check to see how misd have done through out these years. F

17. Jon the Cop

Jon the Cop Registered User

St Louis got a lot of attention a few years ago for severely underreporting ra pes. I'm too lazy to look it up for you though.

18. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Wasn't there a thread on this already? I remember something about a criminal investigation of mis-reporting.

19. OccupyWackbag

OccupyWackbag Registered User

You know there is another way to lower crime rates other then lying on reports to look better... it starts with putting down the radar gun.

My town Glassboro is a shining example. For decades this place has been a cespool of drugs and crime patroled by a police force that consentrated mostly on aggressive traffic enforcement. We are actually one of the few S. Jersey towns with a red light camera (and the town got caught shortening the yellow below regs, big surprise right?) Well when the local college achieved university status they got their own police force (real police with full arresting powers student or resident) Well they do a great job and while you see them with people pulled over sometimes you mostly see them in on campus or in the shit areas dealing with the criminals.

The town is finally getting a lot better. You can actually walk around without getting fucked with. Glassboro PD still spend all their time writing tickets and the Rowan police handle the actual police work.

Not that traffic enforcement is not important but too many depts. focus too much on the money maker and not enough on actual crime.

20. Hudson

Donator

I've had calls that I've been on where I was told by police/prison guards to say it was something other than what it was. Most of them seemed to be regarding what appeared to be Illegals, Criminals that they have been looking for, and inmates who "fell". We can't do that legally and won't. Want a more accurate map of violent crimes? Look at the ambulance calls.

21. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Other than the NJ state police harassing people driving u haul trucks, NJ cops that I've been able to observe aren't that bad. Hackensack cops don't fuck with anyone.

22. Hudson

Donator

Never been to the shore have you? They have a saying there "Driving with the wrong color plates" I had an officer watch me pull into the Eatontown Toll plaza, take off my seatbelt, reach into my pocket to get the toll, pay the toll, rebuckle my seatbelt, and stop me as I pulled out for driving without my seatbelt.(PA. plates) I went to court to fight it in a suit Judge told me I was lying. 2 months later I was forced into a left turning lane by an aggressive driver on Ocean Ave in the same jurisdiction in the same car with the same plates. Summer Cop pulled me over for illegal lane change and cited me for illegally parking in a fire zone where I pulled over. I paid the illegal lane change and planned on fighting the parking in a fire zone, but nothing came in the mail about it. In the meantime, I changed my plates over to NJ, as well as my license. Judge put a bench warrant out on me for failing to pay the Parking fine. A year later on my way home from work, I run a yellow just turned red light by the 36 circle in Neptune...cop pulls me over. Runs my license, sees the warrant, I spend the night in the pokey in my work uniform. Appear before the same judge that called me a liar a year before. Looks at my lifeguard uniform and my EMT patches and dismisses the charges stating that an upstanding member of the community such as myself who works in the ems field knows better than to park in a fire zone.

23. Hudson

Donator

Local cops by the Jersey Shore are dickbags to out of staters and out of towners. Huge revenue stream for the shore towns.

24. Psychopath

Psychopath Plata O Plomo

Wasn't NY the first city to use ComSTAT? I remember see a documentary about Giuliani and I remember he was pushing stats hard.

25. vadersnutz

vadersnutz Registered User

Glassboro? You are right down the road from me!