Many Blacks Worry About Barack Hussein Obama's Safety

Stalker2

Jun 7, 2001
TRueWDTer
Many blacks worry about Obama's safety
By DAVID CRARY, AP National Writer 2 hours, 4 minutes ago

NEW YORK - For many black Americans, it's a conversation they find hard to avoid, revisiting old fears in the light of bright new hopes.

They watch with wonder as Barack Obama moves ever closer to becoming America's first black president. And they ask themselves, their family, their friends: Is he at risk? Will he be safe?
There is, of course, no sure answer. But interviews with blacks across the country, prominent and otherwise, suggest that lingering worries are outweighed by enthusiasm and determination.
"You can't have lived through the civil rights movement and know something about the history of African-Americans in this country and not be a little concerned," said Edna Medford, a history professor at Washington's Howard University.
"But African-Americans are more concerned that Obama get the opportunity to do the best he can," she added. "And if he wins, most of us believe the country would do for him what it would do for any president, that he will be as well protected as any of them."
Clyde Barrett, 66, a longtime U.S. Labor Department employee now retired in Tampa, Fla., says he often hears expressions of concern for Obama's safety. One young acquaintance, Barrett said, declared he wouldn't even vote for Obama for fear of exposing him to more danger.
"To me that's a cop-out, where you can't take a stand and support someone because you fear for his safety," Barrett said. "I don't have any apprehension ... We've got to go ahead and persevere."
For many older blacks, the barometer for gauging hopes and fears is the 1968 assassination of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.

LINK: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080222/ap_on_re_us/obama_safety_fears

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
That's why if he was smart, he'd appoint a Mexican guy to be his running mate.

Lingaaf;owinaww lonageoahw

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I'm more concerned about white people's safety when he loses.
Fixed.

This is a real thing to worry about by the way... I went to an all black school when OJ was on trial. I prayed for him to get off because I knew a few of the retarded black dudes would somehow think it was my fault if he got found guilty. I shit you not.

Glenn Dandy

THE ONLY WHITE PRESIDENT LEFT.
Mar 21, 2005
Wackbag Whitehouse.
he wont make it a week as president.

mayby if things leading up were better, but, in a climate of increased racism..

Some whit power groups gonna definatly take him out...

It's a shame we arent past all that , but then again black america isn't helping his cause.
and If and when it does happen my fear is they will probably go crazy killin white people.. Its gonna be ugly.

I really hope he doesnt win... this country just isn't ready, but i believe everything happens for a reason.

Apr 14, 2003
Eastern MD
Shouldn't they be more worried about themselves killing each other?

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
Fixed.

This is a real thing to worry about by the way... I went to an all black school when OJ was on trial. I prayed for him to get off because I knew a few of the retarded black dudes would somehow think it was my fault if he got found guilty. I shit you not.

No, c'mon, I thought only white males were racists.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
if he becomes president, or gets killed trying I smell RACE WAR !!

Treat_Yourself

Nov 17, 2006
he wont make it a week as president.

mayby if things leading up were better, but, in a climate of increased racism..

Some whit power groups gonna definatly take him out...

It's a shame we arent past all that , but then again black america isn't helping his cause.
and If and when it does happen my fear is they will probably go crazy killin white people.. Its gonna be ugly.

I really hope he doesnt win... this country just isn't ready, but i believe everything happens for a reason.
If he gets shot the inner cities will burn. Rioters will be met with national guard, and maybe we'll finally get that race war the white power folks and the really radical negros have been wanting. I live in a majority black city. I might just be screwed.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
If he gets shot the inner cities will burn. Rioters will be met with national guard, and maybe we'll finally get that race war the white power folks and the really radical negros have been wanting. I live in a majority black city. I might just be screwed.
The National Guard is currently only tasked with defending Bhagdad.

Sorry {US City being invaded here}

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Oh, please....

Step into a crowd of blacks and see how non-racist they are.

Sorry but no white guilt here.
I was surrounded by a dozen people of color as I gathered their names to evict them, no problem at all.

They had no idea what the status of the property was, and were quite thankful for the information.

However, I wouldn't have done that right after the OJ trial. I'm smaat. :icon_mrgr