Maoist Cameron Diaz offends Peru

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Actress Cameron Diaz has apologised for carrying a bag in Peru which featured a political slogan likely to be considered offensive by local people.
The Shrek star visited the historical Machu Picchu site with a green bag which had a red star and the words "serve the people" printed in Chinese.

It evoked memories of a Peruvian war against Maoist rebels in the 1980s and '90s, when up to 69,000 people died.

Diaz admitted she did not realise the slogan's "potentially hurtful nature".

"I sincerely apologise to anyone I may have inadvertently offended," she said in a statement released to the Associated Press.

"The bag was a purchase I made as a tourist in China."

She went on: "I'm sorry for any people's pain and suffering, and it was certainly never my intention to reopen what I now know is a painful wound in this country's history."

Diaz wore the bag while sightseeing at the Incan city of Machu Picchu
And she spoke of Peruvians' beauty and warmth, saying she wished "for their continued healing".

Her appearance with the bag had drawn criticism from prominent local human rights activist Pablo Rojas.

"It alludes to a concept that did so much damage to Peru, that brought about so many victims," he said on Friday.

"I don't think she should have used that bag where the followers of that ideology did so much damage."

Diaz is currently being heard in cinemas around the world as the voice of Princess Fiona in animated film Shrek the Third.

She said she had been in the country to record a TV programme celebrating Peruvian culture.
She probably thought she was being folksy by having a 'communist' bag. Communist is in quotes because she probably paid $200 for it. Dummy phony actors.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
More evidence to the fact that Hollywood is full of peanut brained non-entities.
And to those that will come to her defense because she is "hot", have a gander at this:

Scary stuff.

abudabit

New Wackbag
Oct 10, 2004
Because it was in your cache since you viewed it directly previously. Which sucks 'cause then you think others can see it.

weakside

He was stupid. I was lucky. I will visit him soon.
Dec 9, 2004
California
First off, when are we going to realize that actors and actresses are dolts and we need to stop being surprised when they do dumb things?

Second, most people wouldn’t have known that was something offensive anyway.

I call it a tie.

Schmed

I'm a corpse without a soul...
Nov 4, 2002
Shitsville, NY
I'm surprised she was not wearing one of those fucking dumb-ass Che Guevara T-shirts that you see all these pseudo left wing, rich college kid, jerk offs wearing.

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
I'm surprised she was not wearing one of those fucking dumb-ass Che Guevara T-shirts that you see all these pseudo left wing, rich college kid, jerk offs wearing.
I saw a 40 something little twig of a woman wearing a Ho Chi Minh shirt on saturday. I wanted to kick her into traffic.

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Very hot in "The Mask".

after that...

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNimportant.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
I hate those types. What, did Zach from RATM tell you it was cool to wear that shit?

What I love best about it is that they have zero concept of history - or relativity. They'll view someone like Bush (or really any Republican, actually) as evil, and yet Guevara was a legitimate tyrant, who was responsible for the deaths of HUNDREDS of political dissidents who opposed him, and was notorious for being both a racist and a homophobe. All the sort of things that those liberal-types are supposedly against (well, at least they're against them when it's a conservative type who's doing it).

ginaf20697

Jul 26, 2005
NH
Why do I keep reading this subject header as "moist"?

I hate those types. What, did Zach from RATM tell you it was cool to wear that shit?

What I love best about it is that they have zero concept of history - or relativity. They'll view someone like Bush (or really any Republican, actually) as evil, and yet Guevara was a legitimate tyrant, who was responsible for the deaths of HUNDREDS of political dissidents who opposed him, and was notorious for being both a racist and a homophobe. All the sort of things that those liberal-types are supposedly against (well, at least they're against them when it's a conservative type who's doing it).
How about they're all tyrants? The issue is when you try and promote your cocksuckers as more virtuous as theirs. They're all shit. And just because you have a love affair with your version of shit doesn't mean everyone else is entitled to.

And since when has Bush been a conservative?

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
How about they're all tyrants? The issue is when you try and promote your cocksuckers as more virtuous as theirs. They're all shit. And just because you have a love affair with your version of shit doesn't mean everyone else is entitled to.

And since when has Bush been a conservative?
Good point, sir, good point.