Marathon cheater.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Fucking why? lol

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A Portland woman who admitted 3 weeks ago she cheated in marathons is already suspected of doing it again.
Emily Clark took 2nd place in the Appletree Half Marathon in Vancouver in September, but organizers later determined she cheated by riding a bike.
Now, the Chicago Marathon is questioning how she ran 6-minute miles near the end of Sunday’s race. Her results were marked “PND” — which means “due to what could be any number of factors, a runner’s record can not be ratified. Factors could include missing finish times, missing splits or other scoring issues. If event organizers can not validate the information provided by a runner, the results of that runner will be disqualified.”
Wednesday, Clark spoke off-camera with KOIN 6 News. She said she “had 2 asthma attacks (during the race). I have 2 friends who can attest to that.”
But when asked how she accounted for the very fast 6-minute miles, she said, “When you deal with it, then…” and told reporter Dan Tilkin to leave.
In an email a month ago, she admitted cheating in 5 other races, including a prior Chicago Marathon
https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/portland-marathon-cheater-may-have-cheated-again/

HandPanzer

Shantih Shantih Shantih
Speaking of marathoners, I wonder what PEDs that guy who completed one in under 2 hours was on. Must be some awesome shit.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Fucking why? lol

PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A Portland woman who admitted 3 weeks ago she cheated in marathons is already suspected of doing it again.
Emily Clark took 2nd place in the Appletree Half Marathon in Vancouver in September, but organizers later determined she cheated by riding a bike.
Now, theChicago Marathon is questioning how she ran 6-minute miles near the end of Sunday’s race. Her results were marked “PND” — which means “due to what could be any number of factors, a runner’s record can not be ratified. Factors could include missing finish times, missing splits or other scoring issues. If event organizers can not validate the information provided by a runner, the results of that runner will be disqualified.”
Wednesday, Clark spoke off-camera with KOIN 6 News. She said she “had 2 asthma attacks (during the race). I have 2 friends who can attest to that.”
But when asked how she accounted for the very fast 6-minute miles, she said, “When you deal with it, then…” and told reporter Dan Tilkin to leave.
In an email a month ago, she admitted cheating in 5 other races, including a prior Chicago Marathon
https://www.koin.com/news/oregon/portland-marathon-cheater-may-have-cheated-again/
There was just some other dude that was a famous(?) marathoner and he got called out for cheating, then went home and killed himself. Serious business, these weirdos.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Donator
There was just some other dude that was a famous(?) marathoner and he got called out for cheating, then went home and killed himself. Serious business, these weirdos.
I love that. Was running a marathon a lifelong dream worthy of cheating and suicide? If so good riddance.

MrAbovePar

En Taro Anthony
Unless there's cash involved, why cheat?

It's like cheating at solitaire so you can brag about being a good solitaire player. Just lie about your run times and save yourself the official embarrassment. Nobody cares except for other runners.

Pickle

Anybody ever heard of the Barkley Marathon? There’s a really good doc about it by the same name.

Anybody can run a marathon. Speed walking requires restraint and discipline.

LiddyRules

RIP King of France. Gutted Like Fish Under R Line
Anybody ever heard of the Barkley Marathon? There’s a really good doc about it by the same name.
Are people chased by a giant mutant dog? Fucking horrible monster.

Look at the size of that paw. He will fucking kill you.

Pickle

Are people chased by a giant mutant dog? Fucking horrible monster.

Look at the size of that paw. He will fucking kill you.
Maybe not as deadly as that, but no one finished this year. Or last year.

40 runners are invited to participate annually and since 1989 only 15 have completed it.

https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a27003724/no-finishers-barkley-marathons/

The elevation changes are equivalent to scaling and descending Mt. Everest twice, and the weather can fluctuate from the upper 80s to below freezing.

To make sure Runner’s hit all of their checkpoints, they are assigned a number and must tear out that numbered page from books hanging in Ziploc bags along the trail. When a runner quits they fire a civil war cannon to notify the field and embarrass the quitter.

The two hillbillies that started the event are interesting characters in the documentary and when asked if they’ve ever tried the marathon they responded, “hell naw! We ain’t that stupid”

https://www.businessinsider.com/barkley-marathons-what-the-race-is-like-2018-8

Pickle

Just noticed this from my post last night.

Why would Apple autocorrect the word ‘runners’ in the middle of a sentence to ‘Runner’s’? I had to force it to not change it as I typed just now.

Not only does Apple apparently think I know a guy named Runner but it also think he has ownership over the rest of that sentence.