ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
He is an interesting guest comedian.

judoGTI

))) 202MX (((
Aug 30, 2004
I thought him on the show today was great. Hes a good conversationalist. O&A did a great job with him today. I really liked it.

DiscountHarry

We get it, Krisko has nice cleavage.
Jul 20, 2007
Columbus, OH
Parts made me feel like throwing on a tin foil hat, but overall thought it was interesting.

TankRizzo

Dec 6, 2004
when set up to do a verbatim line from his routine, he executed it flawlessly!

igneous

Jul 26, 2005
Marc Maron..................SHITDICK!

80/20 opie? not a fucking chance

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
I stopped listening to Maron's Air America show Morning Sedition because of O&A. He was very lefty on AA and O&A were a nice break from all of the party lines he was towing. I was beyond surprised when I found out the boys liked him, I figured he was perfect fodder for a bashing. I like him for the most part, but he can be whiny. Meh, so can I. Good job boys and good job Marc.

meanmarv

"café con piernas"
May 26, 2005
Montana
I stopped listening to Maron's Air America show Morning Sedition because of O&A. He was very lefty on AA and O&A were a nice break from all of the party lines he was towing. I was beyond surprised when I found out the boys liked him, I figured he was perfect fodder for a bashing. I like him for the most part, but he can be whiny. Meh, so can I. Good job boys and good job Marc.
No fuckin way, this guy was on Air America (AA)? That just shows you how isolated I am in Montana with the xm dial stuck on 202. Your information explains his whole mono/dialog and I apologize to those that may think I'm an insensitive closed-minded hick from the back-hills of MT.

Nah fuck Marc and the horse he rode in on and he just affirmed why I don't listen to AA ( are they still on the air?).

I do like radio diversity and views from both sides are good to hear. I do not listen to O&A for my political fix. I think this is where actors and the like get things confused as they are not politicians and did not get to their current stations in life through politics. They need to remember who brung them to the dance.

BroGonzo

In between shots of bourbon
Jul 3, 2006
Cortland, New York
I thought Marc Maron was great on the show. It's a shame that there are so many Republican truck-driving shotgun collectors who call themselves fans. The PalTalk room was full of them today, and all they did (for the most part) was whine and spew nonsense about "whiny liberal." There are plenty of fascist shows on America Right (XM 166) if you're stupid enough to still be a Bush fan.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I caught his act a few months back. He actually killed.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
I thought Marc Maron was great on the show. It's a shame that there are so many Republican truck-driving shotgun collectors who call themselves fans. The PalTalk room was full of them today, and all they did (for the most part) was whine and spew nonsense about "whiny liberal." There are plenty of fascist shows on America Right (XM 166) if you're stupid enough to still be a Bush fan.
Way to be open minded. I could say the exact same thing, mention the next channel on the dial and make as little sense.

Maron doesn't share a lot of my views, but he was an intersting guest and he is a funny guy. And yes, I am a truck driver, I am a Republican, and I do own a shotgun (not that I've even fired it or even oiled it in 15 years...)

Try to be less abrasive and hateful, you are living up to the liberal stereotype.

PS. I don't know what all of the Bush fans would complain about, he didn't really go too hard on Bush in particular, it was more complaints about the "sysytem", and even those of us who like and voted for Bush should be afraid of what could happen when someone who uses these new laws like the Patriot Act in a bad way, not just to catch terrorists like we're doing now.

I ask the conservatives this: What if Hillary wins? She kept files on her enemies the last time she had the chance. She abused what power they had then. Imagine if she wins, anyone who disagrees will be considered a "terrorist" and put on a watch list. Unchecked power on either side is a dangerous thing.

TankRizzo

Dec 6, 2004

Shitty radio is shitty radio. Maybe it's you, the limp wristed liberal that can't take off his rose colored glasses to see what a turd that XM show was.

I like entertaining radio, left or right, if you're entertaining I'll give you a shot. Stanhope isn't exactly the most right wing guy and he gives the boys good radio, I kind of liked Greg Proops the times he's been on as well. Maron was just a radio zilch.

Usually when they have a comedian on he comes in and hangs out and has a fun time. Maron just sat there and you could absolutely tell when he was just delivering horribly unfunny lines from his act. He was never himself, he was his act the entire show.

I really liked on FM when he said he couldn't wait to get to XM where they could talk about things like MEN! Then he couldn't even bring himself to call his cunt of an ex wife a bitch. Did he even curse once? Not saying that makes for a good show, but it's laughable in retrospect thinking about how he couldn't wait to get on XM.

All in all today's XM show seemed so counterintuitive as to how we've been conditioned.

In the end it's all my opinion, but try and blame the division of the show on a liberal/conservative slant from the listeners is laughable.

igneous

Jul 26, 2005
Shitty radio is shitty radio. Maybe it's you, the limp wristed liberal that can't take off his rose colored glasses to see what a turd that XM show was.

I like entertaining radio, left or right, if you're entertaining I'll give you a shot. Stanhope isn't exactly the most right wing guy and he gives the boys good radio, I kind of liked Greg Proops the times he's been on as well. Maron was just a radio zilch.

Usually when they have a comedian on he comes in and hangs out and has a fun time. Maron just sat there and you could absolutely tell when he was just delivering horribly unfunny lines from his act. He was never himself, he was his act the entire show.

I really liked on FM when he said he couldn't wait to get to XM where they could talk about things like MEN! Then he couldn't even bring himself to call his cunt of an ex wife a bitch. Did he even curse once? Not saying that makes for a good show, but it's laughable in retrospect thinking about how he couldn't wait to get on XM.

All in all today's XM show seemed so counterintuitive as to how we've been conditioned.

In the end it's all my opinion, but try and blame the division of the show on a liberal/conservative slant from the listeners is laughable.
QFT

krisko

Mrs. Fuckin Funny
Jul 29, 2005
Cupcake Capital, USA
i thought the boys did well with him considering they (at least jim and ant) may not agree with him on some of the things they covered.

i'm just not one for the paranoid conspiracy theorists. it also sounded like he was just doing his routine on the show, i imagine that what he said on the show today is exaclty what you might hear if you went to one of his gigs.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I listened to him as well on Air America. I had to stop listening, not because of his left leaning ideas but because I couldn't stand his comedy. Actually, that's one of the things that totally turned me off to Air America...besides their total Bush bashing (I'm not a Bush fan but instead of just bashing him offer valid alternatives Randi Rhodes), they had too many comedians trying to inject their brand of humor into their political talk shows. It's one thing to make a joke or two during the course of a discussion, but to do the entire show as if it's stand-up just didn't work. Maron did that - and he wasn't very funny.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
PS. I don't know what all of the Bush fans would complain about, he didn't really go too hard on Bush in particular, it was more complaints about the "sysytem", and even those of us who like and voted for Bush should be afraid of what could happen when someone who uses these new laws like the Patriot Act in a bad way, not just to catch terrorists like we're doing now.

I ask the conservatives this: What if Hillary wins? She kept files on her enemies the last time she had the chance. She abused what power they had then. Imagine if she wins, anyone who disagrees will be considered a "terrorist" and put on a watch list. Unchecked power on either side is a dangerous thing.
Actually, Don, anyone who doesn't agree with Bush is also considered a "terrorist" and put on a watch list. That's one of the arguments people who are against the Patriot Act have - are those being "watched" really threats to security or did they just piss someone off?

I happen to ascribe to the argument that if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear. But, again, the issue arises where even if you're not doing anything wrong but someone else thinks you are, will you then be branded a "terrorist"?

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
He was obnoxious, not for his politics or for not being funny, but for talking way too fucking fast and for doing his act while pretending it was a conversation. Leave that to the real Morning Zoos, Marc. You're a funny guy. Slow down and just hang. You're not getting paid by the syllable.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
So 70% of the country is "terrorists" and on the watch list? :icon_roll
No, of course 70% of the country aren't terrorists or on the watch list. I'm going to be honest and admit that I'm talking more out of emotion and my general distrust of Bush than I am of facts.

Mea culpa :icon_redf

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Welcome to the Democrat party!
That's why I'm embarrassed - even if I don't agree with all of the principles of the party, I'm still a card carrying Republican. Even if I wasn't, I still hate making decisions based on emotion. :icon_redf