Marine kills two at Quantico base, takes own life

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
(Reuters) - An active-duty Marine shot dead two fellow service members at a base at Quantico, Virginia, then barricaded himself in a building and killed himself, prompting a brief lockdown of the base, the Marines said on Friday.

The shootings took place late on Thursday near the Officer Candidate School at the Marine Corps Base in Quantico, and all three people who died were identified as Marines, Marines spokesman Sergeant Christopher Zahn said.

Zahn, who is based at Quantico, could give no details as to a motive for the shootings.

"The investigation is in the very early stages," he said.

"An isolated shooting incident has occurred at Officer Candidate School, Quantico," the base separately said on its Facebook page. "The suspect has been barricaded by law enforcement personnel."

The Facebook message told base residents to remain in their homes with their doors locked, until the lockdown was lifted early on Friday.

The Marines did not name the service members who died, pending notification of their families. ABC News quoted a military official as saying the suspect had been identified as a staff member at the cadet school, as was one of the victims.

ABC also said that the second person killed was a female Marine found dead in the barracks, but gave no further details.

The shooting, which ABC News reported took place in a barracks near the school, came days after seven U.S. Marines were killed in a mortar explosion at an Army munitions depot in Nevada during a live-fire training exercise.

In that incident on Monday, a lightweight mortar exploded prematurely in its firing tube, killing the Marines from Camp Lejeune, North Carolina, who had been undergoing mountain warfare training, and wounding eight other service members.

It prompted the Marines to order a blanket suspension of the use of 60mm mortars pending a review.

(Reporting by Cynthia Johnston; Editing by Pravin Char and W Simon)
http://news.yahoo.com/marine-quanti...1lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QDVGVzdF9BRkM-;_ylv=3

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Zahn, who is based at Quantico, could give no details as to a motive for the shootings.

"The investigation is in the very early stages," he said.
"We don't know what the shooter's major malfunction was yet."

Last edited:

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
It's not fucking Zahn!

mills

I'll give em a state, a state of unconsciousness
Jan 30, 2005
Flea Bottom
ABC also said that the second person killed was a female Marine found dead in the barracks, but gave no further details.
Her name was Charlene, and she was only dropped once.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Sources say that the final straw leading to the murders may have involved a jelly donut.

Joker1919

Oct 11, 2008
Central Kentucky
Came for the FMJ jokes was not disappointed.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
that's it ban marines from having guns

mascan42

Aug 26, 2002
Ronkonkoma, Long Island
Sounds more like a crime of passion.
The lack of details does lead to speculation. The shooting took place in the barracks at night, which would lead to the assumption that the victims were in bed at the time. It's unclear if they were together or not, but if so, I can see it being a love triangle gone wrong.

May 24, 2004
Queens, NY
The lack of details does lead to speculation. The shooting took place in the barracks at night, which would lead to the assumption that the victims were in bed at the time. It's unclear if they were together or not, but if so, I can see it being a love triangle gone wrong.
Are you speculating homosex in the Marine Corpse?

Speaking of Marine 'Corpse,' BIV should have put "Semper Die" in the thread title... for the lulz. And yes, I know it's Corps.

Edit: Again I am at fault for not reading the article before posting. There was a female involved. My bad.