Mario Barth's Jersey Tattoo Show at the Meadowlands Expo Center Sept 21,22,23 2007

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
http://www.starlighttattoo.com/tattooshows.php

This is a great show to go to, massive amounts of stuff to see, buy and do. I go every year. Even got an honorable mention a few years ago with my 9/11 tattoo.

Mario Barth's Starlight Tattoo is proud to announce the return of THE BIGGEST TATTOO SHOW ON EARTH!
On September 21st to September 23rd of 2007, Starlight Tattoo will be accompanied by world famous tattoo artists at the Meadowlands Exposition Center!
THIS IS THE ULTIMATE TATTOO EVENT OF THE YEAR!
Covered by every trade magazine world wide! News & Radio coverage. Celebrity appearances! Vendors from clothes to tattoo supplies, piercing supplies, accessories, and merchandise.
Doctors for laser tattoo removal, Seminars in Art-History and Law of Tattooing. Contests all weekend long! HENNA ARTISTS, T-Shirt designers, SOMETHING FOR EVERY BODY.
COME EARLY, GET INKED, STAY A WHILE, MEET THE GREATS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD, AND HAVE A GREAT TIME! WITH NEW JERSEY'S PREMIERE TATTOO STUDIO AND CREW!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
gona have a shoot out this year too?

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
I'm planning on getting new ink at the starlight shop before the year is up - it looks like they do amazing work there.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I'm planning on getting new ink at the starlight shop before the year is up - it looks like they do amazing work there.
His place in Bellville he bought out a friend of mine a few years ago. Not the same crew, who used to do my ink, still great work tho.
If you want a good deal ill hook you up with my guy, he's done my last 25 tats and some on the wife. He is in Bloomfield off 148 GSP.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
he's done my last 25 tats and some on the wife. He is in Bloomfield off 148 GSP.
25?? Just how many do you have??!!!!????

I'm getting my very first next month & I'm scared sh*tless - I have a very low tolerance for pain. And of course the one I want has lots of color. My guy is sketching it out based on this:
http://www.tattoofinder.com/find_tattooOne.asp?flash=7218

el o el - my appointment is on a Friday so my friends are coming with me - it's being called Point & Laugh at Kris Friday.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
25?? Just how many do you have??!!!!????

I'm getting my very first next month & I'm scared sh*tless - I have a very low tolerance for pain. And of course the one I want has lots of color. My guy is sketching it out based on this:
http://www.tattoofinder.com/find_tattooOne.asp?flash=7218

el o el - my appointment is on a Friday so my friends are coming with me - it's being called Point & Laugh at Kris Friday.
Sounds like fun
We all expect pics
I have around 35 or so. Its really nothing to get, my artists tells me I am the only person he inks that falls asleep on him. Ill just lay there get confortable and Zzzzzzzz.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I need to get some suggestions for the Celtic pentagram on my ankle. If you're more than 6' away it looks like a big black dot.

Can I do that at the expo? It would be cool to get some differing opinions in one place in one day.

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
I need to get some suggestions for the Celtic pentagram on my ankle. If you're more than 6' away it looks like a big black dot.

Can I do that at the expo? It would be cool to get some differing opinions in one place in one day.

Tons of flash to check out and lots of artists there probably the best place to get ideas.

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002

you could get a bigger black dot

my wife has a realy neet peacock feather wrapping her ankle, but the inside, looks like fish bones......... the out side is assume though

LameScreenName

"That Guy" at the party.
Aug 18, 2004
nj
How much is one day admission? I see one the website that it's $189 but that's with a room. How about just regular?

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
good deal, I'm thinking about getting an old tattoo covered up. a bear claw tattoo I got when I was 18 and didn't know any better. :arrrh:
Free Parking on the parking deck next to the convention center a bonus

J

JRATT

mj u have been to the old shop
so you know lou and the boys
good work those fellas do

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
I'm thinking I might take a ride out Sunday if I can get my ass in gear early enough. I'm getting my first tat next month and even though I'm scared shitless (I have a low tolerance for pain), I'm already thinking of my second. Figured maybe I'd get some ideas.

Guessing the Jets & Giants are playing away this weekend?

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
Guessing the Jets & Giants are playing away this weekend?
Good question. Jets are at home, 1pm Sunday game. However, this is going to be at the Meadowlands Expo Center, which is NOT at the sports complex (where the stadium is). http://www.mecexpo.com/ It's actually in Secaucus, so if you were coming through NYC it's a few miles before the sports complex.

I would factor in the game traffic if you plan on going on Sunday, but I don't know how bad Rt 3. I do know that the NJ Turnpike is usually a mess, and it may be compounded by them requiring people to park off-site & be bussed to the stadium due to the construction.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Good question. Jets are at home, 1pm Sunday game. However, this is going to be at the Meadowlands Expo Center, which is NOT at the sports complex (where the stadium is). http://www.mecexpo.com/ It's actually in Secaucus, so if you were coming through NYC it's a few miles before the sports complex.

I would factor in the game traffic if you plan on going on Sunday, but I don't know how bad Rt 3. I do know that the NJ Turnpike is usually a mess, and it may be compounded by them requiring people to park off-site & be bussed to the stadium due to the construction.
Thanks for the heads up ... maybe I'll just keep trolling the internets for ideas or see what the guy who's doing mine next month can come up with. Actually the girl who did my sister's tats is really good too. She wasn't available for mine but I'll see what she's got as well

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Tix are $25, just got a text about them.
Was trying to get the discount from a friend but he is all out.

J

JRATT

just a heads up for anyone intrested
saterdaynight at the clashbar in clifton, nj there will be 40 well known tat artists doing one skateboard deck each and auctioning them off at the end of the night and donating all the proceds to a charity ots for a good cause