Mark Cuban can suck a dick

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
http://patdollard.com/2007/09/02/th...cuban-declares-war-on-us-troops-in-harms-way/

The Man Behind The De Palma Smear: Mark Cuban Declares War On The Troops
September 2nd, 2007 Posted By Pat Dollard.

Billionaire Mark Cuban has decided to put all of his weight behind a campaign to smear US troops in Iraq as “monsters’. Cuban has decided that De Palma’s film “Redacted” must be seen as the cornerstone of his and De Palma’s self-declared anti-victory campaign against America and her troops fighing in Iraq. Cuban’s company Magnolia Pictures will be bringing this propganda campaign to a theater near you this winter. According to a source close to Cuban, the decision for Magnolia to develop, finance and distribute the film was personally made by Çuban. Cuban has a full producer credit on the film, and DePalma shot it on HiDef video at Cuban’s request, in order for it to qualify as fodder for Cuban’s hi-def cable channel. So far neither he or DePalma have explained how they can be “bringing the truth of the Iraq war to the American people”, as Louie DePalma has said, when neither of them have ever been to Iraq, filmed any of “Redacted” in Iraq, or spent one minute with any soldier in Iraq. Clearly they are only bringing you their imagined propagandists’ reality of Iraq. Both had the opportunity to go, both declined. They have chosen the coward’s path in a quest for legitimacy as spokesmen for the Iraq war, and as such both have failed in that quest. Indeed, they are left standing as laughingstocks. Their reach has exceeded their grasp. Cuban is a jet-set, armchair “Iraq Truther” who made sure not to have his private jet stop anywhere near Iraq. But he and DePalma are more than anxious to bring you the “reality of the Iraq war”. LMFAO.

1580333.jpg
DePalma chilling in five star luxury while debuting his film to Europeans, nowhere near Iraq

( In case you haven’t heard of him, billionaire Cuban owns the Dallas Mavericks and supports the campaign against Global Warming by travelling in his private Gulf Stream V jet. He also decided to distribute the 9-11 paranoid conspiracy “Truther” film, “Loose Change”.)

DePalma said that going in it was his intention to make a film that would nauseate the American people, and thereby lead to a US withdrawal from Iraq. Well the only way for him to pull that off is if his film makes the case that the anomolous **** it fictionalizes is not actually an anomoly, but a “typical” snapshot of the US military’s behavior. In short, he would have to make his “troops-as-monsters” conceit appear to be typical of the troops, not atypical. This reveals a desire to create something that is nothing short of a willful and intentional smear built upon a lie. It also means that he decided not to look at Iraq for what it was, but to find something - anything - in it that would allow him to advance his propaganda campaign. Well Louie DePalma gave the game away when he confessed his excitement at his initial discovery of the **** story: “I knew I had a story!”. Now if that doesn’t mean “A story to suit my propaganda interests!”, then what does it mean?

The best defense DePalma has been able to muster about the lack of direct military reality in his film is “I had plenty of real stuff to put in but I didn’t put it in, and can’t show it to you to prove it, because my lawyers won’t let me”. That kind of bullshit pr spin may fly in Hollywood, but it isn’t flying here on earth. If you’ve got the goods, Louie, show them. It would appear quite clear why you haven’t already.

None of the troops in Mr. DePalma’s film are real. They are as imaginary as he and Mr. Cuban’s balls.

Close to a year ago, Daily Kos ran a featured post declaring that it was time to attack the troops if the anti-victory movement was to succeed. Clearly DePalma and Cuban took the cue.

More to follow…

UPDATE: Debbie Schlussel caught this early.:

… Billionaire NBA Owner/Producer Mark Cuban can’t take the heat from Schlussel readers with complaints over this anti-American troops film. Read the comments section on this post, in which Cuban writes that he’s setting his filter to delete all complaints about this movie. Hey, Mark, you know what they say about your promiximity to the kitchen when you can’t take the heat . . . .

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
The article seems a bit biased.

Gonzoid

The Tenacious T-Bagger
Aug 23, 2002
This God-Forsaken Place
I don't buy it. Cuban is still a businessman and I cannot imagine him taking an anti-troop stance. He lives in the heart of Texas and while it is one thing to be anti-war, it is another being to be anti-troop. He would lose tons of money with the mavs, his movie companies, etc.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
It mentions Debbie Schlussel at the bottom, she used to do Stern's show back when I listened to him. She is one of those really inflammatory conservatives, this is probably all bullshit.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
Dont we still have treason laws in this country?

jules

uppity taxpayer
Jul 24, 2005
south jersey
if this is true, this cocksucker should be kicked in his balls.

MilitantRabbit

Back...and still sucks...
Nov 11, 2004
Woodland Park
Because Cuban is bankrolling the Loose Change Final Cut, he should suck a large, bleeding, Haitian, AIDS-infected dick by force after his gums have been sliced open.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
For those who actually care about what this is about.

Brian DePalma made a documentary called "Redacted" about when a group of soldiers gang ***** a 14 year old girl and her family. He showed it at the Venice Film Festival. Yes, I know tht war is hell and crazy things happen during it but I mean what a fillmmaker wants to show the atrocities of war and we wish AIDS on him? Would you prefer ever to have heard of the My Lai massacre during Vietnam?

Is the film biased against us being in Iraq or the administration's handling of the situation? Yes. So what. Why is it so hard to accept that being against the war or the administration should not be the same as shitting on every Marine? The way the article makes it seem is if all Cuban/DePalma have done is made a film saying "Troops = stupid" and laughing all the way to their communist bank.

As for Cuban, first off he's a businessman. He said when he bought Loose Change that though he doesn't believe in it, he realizes there's money to be made, and it's better to add to the discourse in society. And for this film, why is it such a horrible thought that someone wants to make it or release it?

And is it spreading misinformation? Yes, probably. So does the government. But what's likely to happen? You saw what happened with Fahrenheit 9/11-- absolutely nothing.

But let's say, for sake of argument, that Loose Change affects people. People see the film and they stop believing in the government- too late, the government has already done that themselves. They say "that film had interesting ideas" and either they research it or take it to heart but most people are far too lazy or apathetic to actually try to make a change. Absolute Worst Case: This film causes people to revolt and they take to the streets and overthrow the government. I don't think that that's all so bad.

And I don't get how when a blog reports on O+A with incorrect information, lack of sources, bad gramar, and just overall poorly written we are willing to attack them and understand that it's bullshit. But someone reports on something that might be considered "liberal" and even uses LMFAO in the article, we easily get swept up in this anti-Cuban, anti-De Palma diatribe.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
When you have guys over there, most of whom are great soldiers and heroes, fighting in a shitstorm and something like this is released what affect do you think it has on them? This movie seems targeted at making our troops look bad not just the president and the war. That is why I have a problem with it.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
When you have guys over there, most of whom are great soldiers and heroes, fighting in a shitstorm and something like this is released what affect do you think it has on them? This movie seems targeted at making our troops look bad not just the president and the war. That is why I have a problem with it.
So what would you prefer? Nothing like this ever reported? I understand it's a double edged sword but I vote on the side of information more than troop morale.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
So what would you prefer? Nothing like this ever reported? I understand it's a double edged sword but I vote on the side of information more than troop morale.
Its been reported. Making it into a motion picture for the purpose of shocking everyone into an anti-war sentiment is undermining our military men and women who are doing their duty with honor. Its exploitive and treasonous.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Do you really believe that this movie is going to have such a huge effect on either this country or the troops that it warrants the term "undermine?"

And to answer something else you said about how it's going to be against the troops, not the administration, even though I admittedly do not know a lot about the film, its title is "Redacted." It's not the ground troops who redact. It's the government and the brass.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Do you really believe that this movie is going to have such a huge effect on either this country or the troops that it warrants the term "undermine?"
It will boost morale to those who are fighting our troops so from a certain perspective it is aiding and abetting the enemy.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
It will boost morale to those are fighting our troops so from a certain perspective it is aiding and abetting the enemy.
Do you seriously believe that? That insurgants will suddenly start trying harder because of this film?

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Do you seriously believe that? That insurgants will suddenly start trying harder because of this film?
Its not just because of this film specifically its because of all the actions of people like this as a whole. I have no problem with someone intelligently disagreeing with the war, but when it becomes propaganda like this I think it crosses the line into subversive behavior.

palefishbelly

I really wish I posted more.
Apr 6, 2003
cleveland
Its not just because of this film specifically its because of all the actions of people like this as a whole. I have no problem with someone intelligently disagreeing with the war, but when it becomes propaganda like this I think it crosses the line into subversive behavior.
Has anyone actually seen this movie? Isn't a bit like Al Sharpton and the Rev Jackson bitching about something they haven't seen?

If you read a synopsis of the movie, it is about a group of soldiers that **** a 15 year old girl and then murder her family. Guess what that actually happened. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/01/AR2006070100545.html
Now you can support the troops all you want, but if you support the **** and murder of anybody you have serious issues.

Jul 26, 2005
Central PA
Has anyone actually seen this movie? Isn't a bit like Al Sharpton and the Rev Jackson bitching about something they haven't seen?

If you read a synopsis of the movie, it is about a group of soldiers that **** a 15 year old girl and then murder her family. Guess what that actually happened. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/01/AR2006070100545.html
Now you can support the troops all you want, but if you support the **** and murder of anybody you have serious issues.

It's one thing to report something that happened its another completely to use a horrible story to aid a political agenda at the price of sullying the reputation of all of our men and women in uniform. I haven't seen the film, but I can go by the director's own words to see clearly his intentions to "shock" people.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
But sometimes, to make people aware of situations, you do need to "shock" them. There is no indication in any article I've read that he is sullying all the troops or the Marines. If he's focusing on this story of these Marines, that does not mean that he's going to say "In conclusion, all Marines are rapist murderers."

And if you have a problem with the propaganda on this side, it's up to the government to counter with better, more believable propaganda.

palefishbelly

I really wish I posted more.
Apr 6, 2003
cleveland
It's one thing to report something that happened its another completely to use a horrible story to aid a political agenda at the price of sullying the reputation of all of our men and women in uniform. I haven't seen the film, but I can go by the director's own words to see clearly his intentions to "shock" people.
Pat, are you just going by the first post for your information? If so, I suggest you read some other less biased descriptions of the film. Might I recommend this one http://www.reuters.com/article/reviewsNews/idUSN0228523020070902

According to this, DePalma shows the grind that war takes on our soldiers. I seriously doubt he is out to "sully" the reputation of our warriors, but maybe to better illustrate to us what they go through.

As much as the public likes to crow about supporting the troops, we do a poor job of taking care of them when they come home. Just think Walter Reed Medical Center, and the cutting of veterans benefits. You can be against the war and still for troops, despite what W may tell you.