Movie Mark Millar's Kingsman 'The Secret Service' 2 - June 16, 2017

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Matthew Vaughn confirmed for Mark Millar’s The Secret Service
Adaptation will arrive in November 2014 Mar 28th 2013 By George Wales

Matthew Vaughn’s fruitful relationship with comic-book supremo Mark Millar is set to continue, with the director confirmed to head up an adaptation of Millar’s comic-book The Secret Service.

With Vaughn unable to direct Kick-Ass 2, it looked like there was an overload of potential projects on his plate, and it seems as though The Secret Service was the pick of the bunch.

The comic follows the adventures of a veteran secret agent who takes on a young protégé, and leads him through a crash course in the shadowy world of espionage.

Having worked such wonders on bringing Millar’s Kick-Ass to the big screen, Vaughn has again teamed-up with writing partner Jane Goldman, and a script is already thought to have been completed.

Filming is set to begin in August, ahead of a 2014 release date, with Fox pencilling in an opening weekend for 14 November.
EXCLUSIVE: Oscar Winner Colin Firth To Play Superspy In Matthew Vaughn’s ‘The Secret Service

With a release date set for November 14, 2014 and production slated to begin this August, casting is underway for Matthew Vaughn’s next film The Secret Service, based off Mark Millar’s hot comic book that just recently wrapped it’s storyline. The script is finished and written by Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman. The script closely follows the comic.
For those not in the know, the comic is about a James Bond superspy who works for MI6 and takes his slacker nephew under his wing. Named ‘Uncle Jack’ in the comic, he mentors his nephew Gary in tradecraft in the hopes that Gary can change and become an MI6 agent.
Per Mark Millar, “This is James Bond meets My Fair Lady.”
The book is really hot, it was an entertaining read, and got quite an outlandish plot (it’s really BANANAS!) that if you want to see what the opening of both the comic and the eventual movie is, check out the eight page preview HERE.
Anyway, according to sources, Oscar winner Colin Firth has bagged the role of Uncle Jack in the upcoming film. That’s a really hot casting choice. Uncle Jack is quite the alpha male in the comic so it will be a cool to see someone like Colin Firth put foot to ass. Can’t wait.
Now the big question is, who will play Gary? I’m also wondering if Luke Skywalker himself Mark Hamill will be in it as well as per the intro of the comic book. Stay tuned as more develops.

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Let me get this straight, a british MI6 agent takes a protege, probably a wild civilian, into the espionage world of flying cars and bomb assassinations and they call it "The Secret Service". It feels like a jumbled action mess.:confused:

Which no doubt I will be watching ! Blow those bad guys up!
KAAABOOOOOM! :D

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Leonardo DiCaprio In Talks For THE SECRET SERVICE?
The Great Gatsby actor Leonardo DiCaprio is reportedly in early talks for a villainous role in Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of Mark Millar's The Secret Service. After a villainous turn in Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained, DiCaprio would elicit a new level of excitement for the project.
Follow Mark:

By Mark Julian - 6/4/2013
Leonardo DiCaprio may be joining Colin Firth in Matthew Vaughn's adaptation of Mark Millar and Dave Gibbons's recent comic book, The Secret Service. Where Colin Firth is playing the lead, an aging British Secret Service spy who begins to mentor his young nephew as a protege; DiCaprio is being looked at for the villain of the piece. It was previously reported that Kick-Ass actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson declined to play the role of Firth's nephew. The script is written by Vaughn and Jane Goldman and is reportedly set to begin production in August for a November 2014 release date.

If Leonardo DiCaprio does indeed join the project, it would mark his first role in a comic book adaptation. WB executives previously tried selling the idea of DiCaprio as The Riddler in The Dark Knight Rises but that obviously didn't pan out.

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
Smooth operators: Colin Firth and Sir Michael Caine are pictured filming new spy movie The Secret Service
By Rebecca Davison and Hanna Flint
Colin Firth looked his usual dapper self when he was pictured filming scenes for new movie, The Secret Service, on Friday, but the star is playing a role which is quite out of character for him.

The 53-year-old star plays highly-trained British spy, Jack London, who attempts to save his street smart nephew, played by Taron Egerton, from falling into a bad crowd by taking him under his wing.

Colin was spotted chatting to some of the crew members between takes, and was later joined on set by Sir Michael Caine, who will be playing the head of the British spy agency.

Suits you: Colin Firth was spotted looking suave while filming The Secret Service on Friday

The movie, currently being filmed in Surrey, has been adapted from Kick Ass creator Mark Millar and Watchmen artist Dave Gibbons' comic.

More...
But this isn't the first non-Bond related British spy flick Colin has starred in, as he joined a stellar ensemble cast in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy.

Speaking of his latest fictional work, Millar said: 'Secret Service is the ramifications of [how] America is struggling on the world stage, funding is being seriously undercut to balance the books and some people are trying their best to take advantage of the fragile global situation.

Break-time: Colin chatted to the crew in between takes on the set in Surrey

It was how big? Firth gesticulates to members of the crew as he tries to make his point

Acting royalty: Colin was joined on set by fellow actor Sir Michael Caine

'The hero and sidekick guys who lead the book are, I think, the best characters I've written.'

But it doesn't look as though Colin makes it to the end of the movie, as scenes shot earlier this month show Samuel L. Jackson shooting him down.

Jackson plays s******ing nemesis, The Villain, to Firth's Jack London, a spy who takes his nephew Gary under his wing to get him away from the trouble on his council estate.

Big boss: The actor will be playing the head of the British spy agency

Button up: Sir Michael Caine looked smart in grey as he chatted in between takes

The role is a return to type for Jackson, who played another stone-hearted hitman, Jules, in Pulp Fiction.

But the scene might not be all it seems, as the movie is based on a comic book series known for its fantastical plot twists.

Lady Gaga is rumoured to be joining the cast-list, in a cameo role as well as David Beckham, Adele and Taylor Swift.

Action shot: Colin Firth and Samuel L Jackson film the final scenes of their latest movie 'The Secret Service' at a church in the south of England

No laughing matter: In the shocking final scenes of the Matthew Vaughn directed feature Firth's character 'Uncle Jack' gets shot in the face by Samuel L Jackson, who is pictured giggling

Another actor excited to be involved is Edward Holcroft, friend of Douglas Booth and rising star who will be appearing in Vampire Academy with Modern Family's Sarah Hyland, Bond girl Olga Kurylenko and Joely Richardson.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...y-movie-The-Secret-Service.html#ixzz2m4t3zf00
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Spoiler spoiler spoilerSpoiler spoiler spoilerSpoiler spoiler spoilerSpoiler spoiler spoiler

I'm getting tired of Samuel L Jackson

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Looks tongue in cheek enough to be fun.
It's like what The Avengers (the one with sexy Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman) wanted to be, but didn't really understand how to do it.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

Poster. Neat, but it pales in comparison to the Transformers one from today.

Dec 12, 2007
Looks look it might be good.

One complaint. I'm apparently the only person on earth who seems to have had enough of Sam Jackson.

Frankie_b

Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
What Is Kingsman: The Secret Service? Find Out By Reading Issue 1 For Free...Legally

It's highly likely that you've already seen the trailer for Kingsman: The Secret Service, either online or in the cinema. If the trailer has really intrigued you, you'll probably want to get a better feel for it before it hits screens in October. But how can you do that? Easy, track down read the comics or collected issues. What? You don't want to part with your cash without knowing whether you'll like it? Well, you're in luck as the entire first issue is available, and has been since 2012, to read online via CBR.

Click Image to view Issue 1 via CBR

So, what did you think? Yeah, I know. Go and buy it! You may as well watch the trailer again for Kingsman: The Secret Service too. October isn't that long away.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Moved from Octy to Febs

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
I was going to call Octy Doc Ock but decided against it.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Saw the trailer during Gotham last night. I'm all in.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I like the concept, everything else looks awful. What's with Jackon's lisp?

SOS

ONA
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
I like the concept, everything else looks awful. What's with Jackon's lisp?
From the trailer, he comments on the Kingsmen's accents so it could be dramatic irony.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Looks great. I'm so in.