Marlon Brando tears Burt Reynolds a new asshole.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
This was recorded on the set of Apocalypse Now. Marlon does not like Burt.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
wow, where was this found?

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
I don't know, I found it on I heart Chaos.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
"We teach young men to drop fire on people, but they can't write 'Burt Reynolds' on their airplanes because it's obscene."

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Sounds more like he's shiting on him.

Tearing someone a new asshole involves them being face to face... Just saying.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
This was after Brando hired a fake Indian to accept his Oscar.

Brando was a genius. He was also a monumental asshole.

Voodoo Ben

You gotta wash your ass
Dec 5, 2010
"We teach young men to drop fire on people, but they can't write 'Burt Reynolds' on their airplanes because it's obscene."

"I watched Burt Reynoldsl crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, Burt Reynolds, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
"I watched Burt Reynoldsl crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, Burt Reynolds, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving."
"Are you a thespian?"
"I'm an actor."
"You're neither. You're a poster boy filmed by advertising executives to collect a fanbase."

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
Burt mentioned in an interview last year that Brando didn't want him to have a role in The Godfather because he didn't think he was a good enough actor. Burt also turned down the role of 007 (didn't think an American should play that part) and Han Solo which he says he still doesn't regret. James Brolin also turned down a chance to be Bond for the same reason

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
People forget how dominant Burt Reynolds was at the BO in the 70s/80s. And he wasn't vocally leftist. So it burned up Wally Coxucker and his ilk. I'm reading the book of Ma Maison conversations between Orson Welles and Henry Jaglom - Welles was another leftist who was burned up by Reynolds's success.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I wouldn't trust any guy who spent that much time with Dom DeLuise, who according to wikipedia actually had a wife.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Brando was a genius. He was also a monumental asshole.
Oddly enough, his assholishness revealed how fucking amazing his acting was. He doesn't bother to learn his lines, he shows up fat and out of shape, he won't do this, he doesn't do that, but then the camera comes on and he effortlessly outclasses every lesser actor. He could half-ass his way to an Oscar-worthy performance.

Atomic Fireball

Donator
Jul 26, 2005
Oddly enough, his assholishness revealed how fucking amazing his acting was. He doesn't bother to learn his lines, he shows up fat and out of shape, he won't do this, he doesn't do that, but then the camera comes on and he effortlessly outclasses every lesser actor. He could half-ass his way to an Oscar-worthy performance.
Henry Jaglom: I love Woody’s movies. That we disagree on. We disagree on actors too. I can never get over what you said about Brando.

Orson Welles: It’s that neck. Which is like a huge sausage, a shoe made of flesh.

HJ: People say Brando isn’t very bright.

OW: Well, most great actors aren’t. Larry [Olivier] is very— I mean, seriously— stupid. I believe that intelligence is a handicap in an actor. Because it means that you’re not naturally emotive, but rather cerebral. The cerebral fellow can be a great actor, but it’s harder.

Neckbeard

I'm Team Piggy!
Donator
Oct 26, 2011
Burt mentioned in an interview last year that Brando didn't want him to have a role in The Godfather because he didn't think he was a good enough actor. Burt also turned down the role of 007 (didn't think an American should play that part) and Han Solo which he says he still doesn't regret. James Brolin also turned down a chance to be Bond for the same reason
I'm pretty sure that is a lie. Anybody who was offered Han Solo and didn't take it and says "No regrets, baby!" is a liar.
I feel the same way about Bond. I don't think you turn down Bond.

"He is an entirely narcissistic person. A total narcissist. He worships at the temple of his own
ego and narcissism."

Wait...We're talking about Reynolds and not Brando with that statement?

:haha7: