Mars Volta

Slow Bollards

Bollards...sounds a bit rude, doesn't it?
Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
Their new album comes out 1/29/08 & they just announced North American Tour dates.

Find out more here:
http://www.thebedlam.net

Also they have a video game coming out on Amazon.com, based on the new album and an online puzzle that will unlock a new song when solved. Not your average marketing hoo-ha for a CD release, kinda cool actually.

Anyone else beginning to salivate?

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
Saw them with SOAD two years ago and they were amazing. Longs went a little longer than I would have liked but they are great musicians. Ill be buying the new album.

Chino Kapone

Yo, whats wrong wit da beer we got?
Jun 10, 2005
This is one of those bands that i always really like but tend to foget about.

Good music though.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
gonna try to see them at Terminal 5 in January, it sold out pretty quickly though.

Slow Bollards

Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
Its awesome that they are playing such small places on this tour. Tix for the philly show go on sale today at noon. Its a gamble for me, because my wife could give birth anytime after x-mas and the show is 6 days before her due date. Its a gamble I gotta take though.

mik3

fornicating madly
Mar 29, 2004
732 Jersey
At the drive-in was so good, how is this band so boring?

Sparta's also quite mediocre.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
Wow them at the TLA is gonna be insane....good luck getting Tix...im gonna try and i am also getting tix tommorow for Wilco (yeah im eccentric)

LilJimmyRbinson

Best muppet ever
Nov 19, 2004
RI
Saw them with SOAD two years ago and they were amazing. Longs went a little longer than I would have liked but they are great musicians. Ill be buying the new album.

I saw them on that tour too and thought the exact opposite. They were horrible. I don't know their songs, but they closed with a 15 minute "jam" of whining and drums.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
Anyone else going to the NYC show next Monday? Just scored some re-released tix on ticketmaster, hurry there if you still don't have any..

May 14, 2004
Bum Fuck WV
I saw them on that tour too and thought the exact opposite. They were horrible. I don't know their songs, but they closed with a 15 minute "jam" of whining and drums.
I think that was your problem. You don't know their songs. If you did you would have probably gotten into the parts you did know. They are a great band but like I said before. Their live jams can get a little long.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
I have a ticket to see them in Columbus, I am fucking crazy excited, I saw them open for SOAD and it was amazing.

Slow Bollards

Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
Its awesome that they are playing such small places on this tour. Tix for the philly show go on sale today at noon. Its a gamble for me, because my wife could give birth anytime after x-mas and the show is 6 days before her due date. Its a gamble I gotta take though.
She still hasn't dropped the little fuck and the show is about 6 days from this post...I don't mean to be selfish, but if I can't go to this show because of my kid I'm never going to let him/her forget it. miracle of life or not, eighty-three bucks for two tickets is as close a committment to fatherhood as i can imagine. I may take up religion just to pray her womb can hold for a comfortable(for me) 8-9 days.

We all know this isn't going to end well. I predict a vibrating phone in my pocket about 39-45 mins before showtime. There is a God and he's not fond of me.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
Amputecture isn't their greatest work, but this "review" is nonsense. I don't like many new bands that are out there today, but I do enjoy these guys, because they're original in a world where whiny emo-pop horse shit that all sounds the same is trendy.

I'm also a fan of SomethingAwful, so the article doesn't piss me off, because I know where they're coming from, but this guy sure has a passion for hating music. I'm wondering what he listens to?

Slow Bollards

Apr 28, 2005
SILLY-delphia!
I agree, the review was funny, but the guy is way off base. The album as a whole is sketchy, but there are some amazing tracks that are quintessential TMV. I agree that they can come off kinda pretentious, and they're song names annoy me, but they have the musicianship to back up whatever faults may appear on the surface.

I also agree with the reviewer that "the kiosk in my temple is shaped like Rosalyn Carter" is about as horrendous a lyric as anyone can write. That song (Tetragrammaton) is the shit though.

queeby

Irrelevant Liberal
Jun 12, 2004
Columbus OH
They postponed the show in Columbus, it sucks dicks, I was 4 hours away from something badass, and now I have nothing to do.

Hunter777

iPod listener
Apr 18, 2005
Their new album comes out 1/29/08 & they just announced North American Tour dates.

Find out more here:
http://www.thebedlam.net

Also they have a video game coming out on Amazon.com, based on the new album and an online puzzle that will unlock a new song when solved. Not your average marketing hoo-ha for a CD release, kinda cool actually.

Anyone else beginning to salivate?
Not for nothin', I saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers a while back...and MAN DID THEY SUCK! I didn't even want to go into the Meadowlands because they were so piss-poor! I said to my friends that I liked them better when they were called Sonic Youth. ONE WORD - AWFUL!

H777 (listening to "Sin" by Nine Inch Nails on my iPod)

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Amputecture isn't their greatest work, but this "review" is nonsense. I don't like many new bands that are out there today, but I do enjoy these guys, because they're original in a world where whiny emo-pop horse shit that all sounds the same is trendy.

I'm also a fan of SomethingAwful, so the article doesn't piss me off, because I know where they're coming from, but this guy sure has a passion for hating music. I'm wondering what he listens to?
I'm pretty sure he's actually a black guy, the only music he doesn't bash is top-40 pop hip hop. I just love throwing those reviews out to piss people off. Radiohead and Tool fans bite on the bait every time like clockwork.

Oct 5, 2004
jersey
Not for nothin', I saw them open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers a while back...and MAN DID THEY SUCK! I didn't even want to go into the Meadowlands because they were so piss-poor! I said to my friends that I liked them better when they were called Sonic Youth. ONE WORD - AWFUL!

H777 (listening to "Sin" by Nine Inch Nails on my iPod)
You saw them on October 17, 2006 at CAA? I can understand your hatred, all they did was jam for like an hour.