Marshall Herkskovitz & Bitsie Tulloch from QuarterLife

SOS

Is alive.
Wackbag Staff
Aug 14, 2000
USA
Marshall Herkskovitz, the director&writer, and Bitsie Tulloch, a hot actor, known from loneylygirl15 & Moonlight, came in to promote their series Quarterlife. Anthony showed off the use of Paltalk cameras which is similar to the premise of Quarterlife. They talked about how Quarterlife was unlike any show before since it came from the internet and NBC has not interfered with it's creative development. It will be on tonight at 10 PM and Sundays at 9 PM.

The best part is when Marshall Herkskovitz describes what roles each of the O&A show members would play in Quarterlife. Pay attention to this if you haven't already; it's hilarious! Also Sam almost gets discovered.

Near the middle of the interview it was revealed that today Roland used part of the reward for letting Dr. Steve give him a prostate exam by bringing in two guests from the Internet turned NBC show, Quarterlife. They played the clip of Roland's prostate exam by Dr. Steve to end the interview.

commish13

Personal Friend of Chris Jericho
May 24, 2005
Emerson, NJ
It was actually revealed at the beginning of the interview. They aired the clip at the end.

In any event, they were fun guests and I'm about to go check out that show on the Website. Fuck the TV show, I'm gonna check it out uncensored online. They're just going to air the online episodes on TV anyway.

nimsu

The Duck Goes Quack
Nov 14, 2004
NBC bombs with "quarterlife" premiere

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The debut of NBC's new series "quarterlife" marked the network's worst time-period performance in at least 17 years and has thrown the show's fate into imminent jeopardy.
ADVERTISEMENT

Premiering Tuesday night at 10 p.m., "quarterlife" pulled in just 3.1 million viewers. It came in a distant last place in the hour despite having a relatively strong lead-in from "The Biggest Loser" (8.1 million).

Though no official cancellation has been announced, sources say the series is expected to be yanked after a single airing -- a rare event that previously occurred when Fox axed "Anchorwoman" last summer.

NBC Entertainment co-chairman Ben Silverman said "quarterlife" was "so worth the try."

"The web site traffic went up a huge amount and we continue to try new things and new models," Silverman said. "It's very inexpensive but we hoped for higher ratings."

The series made headlines when NBC picked up "quarterlife" in November after it debuted on MySpace, with producers Marshall Herskovitz and Edward Zwick making an unprecedented deal to retain ownership of a network series. NBC has noted that "quarterlife" was an opportunity to pickup a scripted series with online following during the uncertain writers strike.

Since "quarterlife" already ran online, and MTV aired the show earlier on Tuesday, the show's target audience may have been tapped out before the network premiere.

Otherwise, Fox won the night once again, thanks to a 90-minute "American Idol" that averaged 29 million viewers.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
Good, that's what you get for killing the show yesterday

Pearce

Dec 16, 2007
Ohio
Yeah well they weren't good so fuck them and fuck their bomb of a show.

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
I tried watching, got about 2o mins in and gave up. Just another boring pseudo reality thing. Might have been watchable on the net, but nowhere near network quality.

BullsLawDan

She A Great Big Fat Person?
Feb 9, 2006
NY
I couldn't bring myself to watch it because the name makes me ill.

It's based on this email forward that gets passed around, found on people's facebook/myspace or in their IM profile, whatever.

It's called the "Quarterlife Crisis" and it is the most chill-inducing piece of shit I have read in a long time --- and I get it in my email about twice a month.

I'll copy and paste it here for the sheer uncomfortable moment value:

It is when you stop going along with the crowd and start realizing that there are a lot of things about yourself that you didn't know and may or may not like. You start feeling insecure and wonder where you will be in a year or two, but then get scared because you barely know where you are now.

You start realizing that people are selfish and that, maybe, those friends that you thought you were so close to aren't exactly the greatest people you have ever met and the people you have lost touch with are some of the most important ones. What you do not realize is that they are realizing that too and are not really cold or catty or mean or insincere, but that they are as confused as you.

You look at your job. It is not even close to what you thought you would be doing or maybe you are looking for one and realizing that you are going to have to start at the bottom and are scared.

You miss the comforts of college, of groups, of socializing with the same people on a constant basis. But then you realize that maybe they weren't so great after all.

You are beginning to understand yourself and what you want and do not want. Your opinions have gotten stronger. You see what others are doing and find yourself judging a bit more than usual because suddenly you realize that you have certain boundaries in your life and add things to your list of what is acceptable and what is not. You are insecure and then secure. You laugh and cry with the greatest force of your life. You feel alone and scared and confused. Suddenly change is the enemy and you try and cling on to the past with dear life but soon realize that the past is drifting further and further away and there is nothing to do but stay where you are or move forward.

You get your heart broken and wonder how someone you loved could do such damage to you or you lay in bed and wonder why you can't meet anyone decent enough to get to know better. You love someone but maybe love someone else too and cannot figure out why you are doing this because you are not a bad person.

One night stands and random hook ups start to look cheap and getting wasted and acting like an idiot starts to look pathetic. You go through the same emotions and questions over and over and talk with your friends about the same topics because you cannot seem to make a decision.

You worry about loans and money and the future and making a life for yourself and while wining the race would be great, right now you'd just like to be a contender!

What you may not realize is that everyone reading this relates to it. We are in our best of times and our worst of times, trying as hard as we can to figure this whole thing out.
YYYYYEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHH

It's called you're 25 - and if at 25 you're like most of the douches that send me this - young, single, good-looking, educated, and living in the USA - the world is your fucking oyster. So stop bitching, you crybabies and your asinine attitude that the world owes you a fucking sandwich.

Anyway, that's why I can never watch this show. To paraphrase Gene Siskel's comment about missing footage from a crappy movie he once reviewed, if the show had consisted of the missing footage from Orson Welles' `The Magnificent Ambersons,' I still wouldn't watch.

elitemrp

Jul 13, 2006
Warren, Rhode Island
They just don't get it.

They think they can take something from the internet that's popular and put it on TV and it'll be a success. That'll never happen.

The reason things are popular on the net is because of the freedom to do whatever you want with the content.

I say NBC should air 2 girls 1 cup on TV. It would have the highest ratings ever!

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
They just don't get it.

They think they can take something from the internet that's popular and put it on TV and it'll be a success. That'll never happen.

The reason things are popular on the net is because of the freedom to do whatever you want with the content.

I say NBC should air 2 girls 1 cup on TV. It would have the highest ratings ever!
It has nothing to do with content restrictions. Talented writers don't write internet tv shows. They do TV and movies so they can feed their families. So what do you have left? Hacks.

Steam

May 18, 2003
Ouch.

Poor Roland used up one of his freebies on a dud.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I watched the show, just to see. It wasn't very good, of course, but I didn't think it was any worse than 90% of the shit that's on TV and ANY fucking reality show.

Well, except for those Japanese game shows. Ninja warrior rules.

gummo

Nov 6, 2007
oc
maybe this is one thing we can all agree on, their segment was too long

Drunk Stepdad

Jun 4, 2004
You're missing the moneyshots:

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Herskovitz told an audience at Harvard Business School that after watching quarterlife on the big screen, he realized that the show about twentysomething angst should have never aired on NBC. In fact, within three minutes, he knew that the tight shots and intimate stories he and his partner Ed Zwick used were inappropriate for a broadcast network show;...
http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/02/28/herskovitz-calls-quarterlife-on-nbc-experiment-a-failure/

R.BuddDwyer

Feb 2, 2006
Philly
I didn't see the show and I don't care about it but a 30-minute loop of a dog shitting should beat American Idol. I despise this country's tastes.

Probably Stoned

I am not good at this.[edited]
Jul 26, 2005
Humboldt County Ca.
....Wait...Quarterlife Crisis?....what, do these people live to be 100? Average life expectancy is 73 or so, but I suppose Thirdlife was odd sounding.