Cineverse Marvel Cinematic Universe SPOILER filled discussion thread

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Who fired him? Sony?
Don't do that. You know very well what I meant. You can't blame them for taking the position that those tweets don't reflect the values of the Walt Disney corporation. Any tweet starting out "The best part of ****..." is indefensible in this day and age and you know it.

Pigdango

Donator
But they still won't fire Rian Johnson for fucking up Star Wars?
I'm of the opinion that Rian Johnson did exactly what they asked him to do and is being rewarded substantially for falling on the sword.

mascan42

At this point, the second anyone becomes famous, they need to delete their Twitter account and start over.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
Don't do that. You know very well what I meant. You can't blame them for taking the position that those tweets don't reflect the values of the Walt Disney corporation. Any tweet starting out "The best part of ****..." is indefensible in this day and age and you know it.
Screw that revisionist bullshit. You can't apply yesterday's standards to today's anti-speech prudishness. There's a difference between taking a position against his tweets and firing him for it. The hired him knowing full well his sense of humor.

Difference of course being that RDJ owned up to his mistakes before he got hired. Still, it's a good joke, so +1 like.
That doesn't make a lick of sense. Assuming what he said was a mistake, then he should've had a chance to own up for it just the same.

Screw that revisionist bullshit. You can't apply yesterday's standards to today's anti-speech prudishness. There's a difference between taking a position against his tweets and firing him for it. The hired him knowing full well his sense of humor.
So you're saying he's LITERALLY Hitler? I agree.

Pigdango

Donator

That doesn't make a lick of sense. Assuming what he said was a mistake, then he should've had a chance to own up for it just the same.
Some people see the world the way they wish it would be...

Bill Lehecka

Whiny Man Baby
Donator
Gunn was supposed to debut something during the Sony panel today and of course THAT was canceled. Instead, we awkwardly ended the Venom panel with Tom Hardy being like “Yeah, I’d love to fight Tom Holland.”

That Venom footage was rough.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder

Pigdango

Donator
I don't even want to do this any more but I thought it could be something worth discussing. @Pigdango - IMAX all 20 Marvel films across five days 8/30 - 9/3. Which day would you choose?

https://tickets.fandango.com/promo/marvel10th?cmp=ST_Disney_Marvel10th

You are still dead to me.

So dead I won't even bump some stupid thread to discuss Pine and Hemsworth being out of Trek 4.
Is it cheating to take the day with CvS, Avengers, and Infinity War? If not that’s the day I choose. If so, I pick the day with Thor 3, Black Panther, and Infinity War.

Pigdango

Donator
She's gross and old.

Actually, for TV grade She Hulk, sure. She even played a lawyerdoctorcop as Rizzo Leanne Isles.
I guess she’s been campaigning for this for years.

She’s not too old or gross, but she’s definitely too white.

LiddyRules

Regional Sales Rep for Fontaine Fish Finder
I guess she’s been campaigning for this for years.

She’s not too old or gross, but she’s definitely too white.
Look at you being a Social Jupiter Warrior

I can buy her as a Ruffalo cousin.

But she is gross.