Cineverse Marvel Cinematic Universe SPOILER filled discussion thread

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Couple of interesting nuggets in this article:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...1151328?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Scar Jo is getting the same $15 million one movie extension that Evans and Hemsworth got to make an extra movie (Avengers 4 in their case, a solo movie for her.)

Brie Larson is signed up for SEVEN MCU movies. Her first solo outing and Avengers 4 being the first two of course. That's...a bold move on Marvel's part, although the first Captain Marvel trailer has more views than the Black Panther trailer, so I guess we can expect a similar opening.

They bring up Evans leaving again, but I'm sticking to my theory that Cap will NOT die in Avengers 4, but will be sent back in time to live with Peggy, leaving the door open for his return a few years down the road.

Pigdango

Donator
2020 might be the year that @Neckbeard has been predicting for almost 10 years. No, not the year Trump gets re-elected and gets his wall built, but the year that comic book movies finally start to decline in popularity. James Gunn's firing has left Marvel in a bad spot, and they are taking it out on Disney. They have removed one film from their planned 2020 slate, and if this report is correct, they are lining up a pair of potential duds in the wake of Avengers 4:

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/10/26/exclusive-marvel-studios-2020-slate-is-set/

Black Widow on 5/1/20, and Eternals on 11/6/20. Yeesh. Unless they pack Black Widow full of Avengers and sneak Thor into Eternals, I'm not sure what the box office prospects for either of these movies are. I think it's highly unlikely that the two films combined would make what Avengers 4 will, and that's not even counting #RealSpidey2 and #NotMyMarvell will generate. That's potentially a billion dollar shortfall vs 2019 from Marvel. And with no Fox superhero films scheduled, and just Wonder Woman for WB...I repeat...yeesh.

And don't forget there's no Star Wars movie coming out in 2020 either, as the Boba Fett movie has now officially been canceled.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
2020 might be the year that @Neckbeard has been predicting for almost 10 years. No, not the year Trump gets re-elected and gets his wall built, but the year that comic book movies finally start to decline in popularity. James Gunn's firing has left Marvel in a bad spot, and they are taking it out on Disney. They have removed one film from their planned 2020 slate, and if this report is correct, they are lining up a pair of potential duds in the wake of Avengers 4:

http://thathashtagshow.com/2018/10/26/exclusive-marvel-studios-2020-slate-is-set/

Black Widow on 5/1/20, and Eternals on 11/6/20. Yeesh. Unless they pack Black Widow full of Avengers and sneak Thor into Eternals, I'm not sure what the box office prospects for either of these movies are. I think it's highly unlikely that the two films combined would make what Avengers 4 will, and that's not even counting #RealSpidey2 and #NotMyMarvell will generate. That's potentially a billion dollar shortfall vs 2019 from Marvel. And with no Fox superhero films scheduled, and just Wonder Woman for WB...I repeat...yeesh.

And don't forget there's no Star Wars movie coming out in 2020 either, as the Boba Fett movie has now officially been canceled.

I don't think we even brought up how bizarre the director of The Eternals is. I saw The Rider and it was a quality enough drama, but I had the theater all to myself.

Yeesh is right. It would almost be better if they just took a year off and regrouped for the next phase of the MCU.

LiddyRules

No wonder Wonder Woman moved to 2020.

LiddyRules

"Falcon and Winter Soldier" coming to Disney Streaming. Let's face it. The Defenders are done-zo.

Pigdango

Donator
With Liddy and Stormy harumphing over giving more money to the Mouse House, I'm actually beginning to wonder if I will need Netflix anymore.

What does it have to offer now? What will it offer once Disney/Fox and WB pull all their content from it? I have found myself watching more Ammy Prime stuff over the past year or so.

With Liddy and Stormy harumphing over giving more money to the Mouse House, I'm actually beginning to wonder if I will need Netflix anymore.

What does it have to offer now? What will it offer once Disney/Fox and WB pull all their content from it? I have found myself watching more Ammy Prime stuff over the past year or so.
My Firetv lists the apps by when they were last watched and I've noticed recently that Netflix has been bumped farther and farther over. Honestly, the last thing I think I watched on there was either The Toys that Made Us or Ozark. But I get Netflix free with T-Mobile, so even if I don't watch it, it won't really cost me anything less.

Pigdango

Donator
My Firetv lists the apps by when they were last watched and I've noticed recently that Netflix has been bumped farther and farther over. Honestly, the last thing I think I watched on there was either The Toys that Made Us or Ozark. But I get Netflix free with T-Mobile, so even if I don't watch it, it won't really cost me anything less.
I do enjoy The Toys That Made Us. I watched the first episode of The House on Haunted Hill, and...I don't know.

LiddyRules

Oh you fucker.

I still have a need for Netflix. Not only for the DVDs, but because they also have a nice selection of historical documentaries. As for their original programming, I also have watched the Toys That Made Us. Finally, I think even when Disney/Fox and WB pull their content from it, there will still be enough movies from other studios that will justify me keeping it.

I will say this though. If WB created their own streaming service that was more than just the DCEU, I would definitely sign up for it. If you look at their entire library of films, I think they would have something that even Disney/Fox couldn't compete with.

Pigdango

Donator
I still have a need for Netflix. Not only for the DVDs, but because they also have a nice selection of historical documentaries. As for their original programming, I also have watched the Toys That Made Us. Finally, I think even when Disney/Fox and WB pull their content from it, there will still be enough movies from other studios that will justify me keeping it.

I will say this though. If WB created their own streaming service that was more than just the DCEU, I would definitely sign up for it. If you look at their entire library of films, I think they would have something that even Disney/Fox couldn't compete with.
I have to assume killing Filmstruck was step one in WB launching their own streaming service. They probably haven't announced it yet because they want to avoid the questions of 'why wasn't DC just included in this?' I actually get it though, as the DC one also includes their comic books. But WB streaming is coming soon I'd be willing to bet.

LiddyRules

You're thinking primarily about their older movies, aren't you? Because I agree. Especially if they get the TCM liberry.

Pigdango

Donator
Without looking too much into it, Disney+Fox > WB-DC. HOWEVER, since the Fox R-Rated stuff will be on Hulu, that might give WB a chance to compete.

I'd have to dig into it more, but the reality is I'll probably end up with Disney/Ammy/WB/Hulu, with Netflix getting the ol' Heave-Ho.

LiddyRules

Without looking too much into it, Disney+Fox > WB-DC. HOWEVER, since the Fox R-Rated stuff will be on Hulu, that might give WB a chance to compete.

I'd have to dig into it more, but the reality is I'll probably end up with Disney/Ammy/WB/Hulu, with Netflix getting the ol' Heave-Ho.
If I get rid of cable, I'll get Hulu but I can't see me getting rid of cable. I know there's decent stuff on Hulu but it seems overkill right now. I like Netflix but it's not essential. Like @Stormrider666 I like the discs, and there's enough on the streaming that it's worth keeping for me but very few things I genuinely love. I want to get into more Ammy Prime shows, but I keep putting that off. But I'm not getting rid of it because I use Amazon Prime. Plus it's the bestesty best place for WoD.

I acquired Discovery S1, but will I do that for S2? Probably not? I want to see it but have gotten out of acquisitions recently.

Disney is clearly throwing a lot of money at the shows, and I'd lie if I said it wasn't tempting. But I might wait to see what happens.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
If I get rid of cable, I'll get Hulu but I can't see me getting rid of cable. I know there's decent stuff on Hulu but it seems overkill right now. I like Netflix but it's not essential. Like @Stormrider666 I like the discs, and there's enough on the streaming that it's worth keeping for me but very few things I genuinely love. I want to get into more Ammy Prime shows, but I keep putting that off. But I'm not getting rid of it because I use Amazon Prime. Plus it's the bestesty best place for WoD.

I acquired Discovery S1, but will I do that for S2? Probably not? I want to see it but have gotten out of acquisitions recently.

Disney is clearly throwing a lot of money at the shows, and I'd lie if I said it wasn't tempting. But I might wait to see what happens.
I feel like Ammy Prime is just showing me the same twenty movies in different orders in all of their different categories, they just shuffle them differently whether it's 'trending' or 'new releases' or 'favorites' or what the fuck ever. I browse for five minutes and glaze over at the sameness, then go back to Netflix.

LiddyRules

I feel like Ammy Prime is just showing me the same twenty movies in different orders in all of their different categories, they just shuffle them differently whether it's 'trending' or 'new releases' or 'favorites' or what the fuck ever. I browse for five minutes and glaze over at the sameness, then go back to Netflix.
Amazon Prime search is horrible. My home page on my Blu Ray still shows Tambor in Transparent, Hannibal the TV show, and Transformers Mark Wahlberg the First. But I use Justwatch.com in general and somehow I stumbled across the WoD options. Shakes the Clown is on Ammy Prime. REMEMBER BOBCAT RINGWRAITH?!?!?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Amazon Prime search is horrible. My home page on my Blu Ray still shows Tambor in Transparent, Hannibal the TV show, and Transformers Mark Wahlberg the First. But I use Justwatch.com in general and somehow I stumbled across the WoD options. Shakes the Clown is on Ammy Prime. REMEMBER BOBCAT RINGWRAITH?!?!?
Oh god. I'm the perfect age to have gotten a steady dose of Bobcat all through my life, starting with a completely normal and healthy obsession with the Police Academy movies.