Cineverse Marvel Cinematic Universe SPOILER filled discussion thread

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
They have a long history of working together. Them being based in New York and all.

I picture F4 seeking HIM out for some reason orrrrrrrrr he needs Mr. Fantastic's expertise orrrrrrrr he is fighting someone and one of them also shows up orrrrrrrr.....
Whether it’s a good idea or not is probably immaterial. Holland is only signed for two more movies. Assuming his small role at the end of Endgame doesn’t count, he would be in a 3rd solo film and then one more Marvel movie. I don’t see them introducing the FF in a Sony movie, and I doubt they would have Spidey in the first FF marvel movie.

The big question I have is are they going to do an origin movie for FF or just bring them in as a sort of side effect to all this Infinity Stone fuckery and assume folks know their origin? The movies have used both the original and Ultimate version of their origin, so there’s not much point in rehashing it, IMO.

Pigdango

Donator
When you watch it, you might get why more of it is what's called for.
Just wanted to come back to this. There are two major reasons fans of a canceled show want it to continue:

1) There are open story threads that haven't been tied up. And I don't mean "follow every character until we find out how they eventually died," I mean legit things that were set up and left unresolved. To further clarify, I'm also not talking about things left intentionally unresolved by the creators, such as the Sopranos ending.

2) "I like this show, therefore they should continue to make it forever - FOR ME!"

Now many times those two reasons intersect, so people are able to mask their selfishness behind oftentimes legitimate complaints about open story threads.

I've never watched it, but that's clearly not the case with Legion. It's 3rd season hasn't even started yet, so open story threads aren't even on the table.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/04/legion-cancelled-fx-marvel-ending-season-3/

“Noah Hawley had always considered Legion to be a three-season show,” FX CEO John Landgraf told reporters at the Television Critics Association winter press tour, “and he has confirmed that he’s going to stick with his plan. This will be the final season.” Landgraf added that Season 3 of Legion will debut in June.
Now again, I've never seen the show, but when the guy who created it says "This show should end after 3 seasons", that's pretty definitive. Any open story threads will be wrapped up, discarded, or left intentionally open. And that's that. Nobody in their right mind should be complaining. Especially if they are fans of the show - the fact that the creator will be given the full opportunity to realize his vision is all anyone should ever rightly ask for.

I also find it odd that you're calling for more when you haven't even seen Season 3.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
They have a long history of working together. Them being based in New York and all.

I picture F4 seeking HIM out for some reason

orrrrrrrrr he needs Mr. Fantastic's expertise

orrrrrrrr he is fighting someone and one of them also shows up orrrrrrrr.....

LiddyRules

Just wanted to come back to this. There are two major reasons fans of a canceled show want it to continue:

1) There are open story threads that haven't been tied up. And I don't mean "follow every character until we find out how they eventually died," I mean legit things that were set up and left unresolved. To further clarify, I'm also not talking about things left intentionally unresolved by the creators, such as the Sopranos ending.

2) "I like this show, therefore they should continue to make it forever - FOR ME!"

Now many times those two reasons intersect, so people are able to mask their selfishness behind oftentimes legitimate complaints about open story threads.

I've never watched it, but that's clearly not the case with Legion. It's 3rd season hasn't even started yet, so open story threads aren't even on the table.

https://tvline.com/2019/02/04/legion-cancelled-fx-marvel-ending-season-3/

Now again, I've never seen the show, but when the guy who created it says "This show should end after 3 seasons", that's pretty definitive. Any open story threads will be wrapped up, discarded, or left intentionally open. And that's that. Nobody in their right mind should be complaining. Especially if they are fans of the show - the fact that the creator will be given the full opportunity to realize his vision is all anyone should ever rightly ask for.

I also find it odd that you're calling for more when you haven't even seen Season 3.
You know what else had three seasons?

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
When you watch it, you might get why more of it is what's called for.

I've never watched it, but that's clearly not the case with Legion...

Now again, I've never seen the show...
The inference I meant you to draw from my comment was that the show was so groundbreaking that it went beyond my mere enjoyment, and you would have been right if you had. For all the money that was poured into GOT, it didn't stun me in the way Legion had. I refrained from critique of CM until I saw it, so it might be a good idea for you to schedule a binge so you know what you're talking about.

Additionally, I tend to think it's not the showrunner, nor Dan Stevens risen status that are killing it as much as the Disney strings are being pulled as they were with the aforementioned DD & co. When you see this, you'll realize how tragic that is.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
James Gunn rehired, just as I predicted.

Disney Reinstates Director James Gunn For ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 3’

The decision to rehire Gunn –he was fired last July by Disney after alt-right journalists made public a fusillade of decade old social media missives that made light of pedophilia and **** — was one that was mulled and actually made months ago, following conversations with Disney studio leadership and the team at Marvel Studios. Why the change of heart? After the firing, Walt Disney Studios president Alan Hornmet with Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss the situation. Persuaded by Gunn’s public apology and his handling of the situation after, Horn decided to reverse course and reinstate Gunn.

The social media messages were indefensible, but the filmmaker never did anything but blame himself for poor judgment displayed at a time when he was emerging from the Troma film factory and attempting to be a provocateur. There were no reports that Gunn ever engaged in the behavior he lampooned. Unlike the defensive posture exhibited by Kevin Hart that led him to skip hosting the Oscars, Gunn fell on his sword early and often and never lashed out at Disney.

Ultimately, Gunn’s missives were poorly chosen words and not actions, though Disney’s quick trigger was completely understandable when the social media messages were first reported by outlets like Fox News. Those outlets reported that Gunn’s missives were exposed as payback for Gunn being a vocal critic of President Donald Trump.

Gunn’s return to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 got complicated when he signed on to write and direct the Suicide Squad sequel for Warner Bros and DC. Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2. Making the whole thing easier though was the fact that Marvel Studios never met with or considered any other director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, despite speculation that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi and Vicehelmer Adam McKay were in the mix.

Marvel Studios has remained mum on all details concerning Guardians of the Galaxy 3, as the Kevin Feige-led division turned its focus toward Captain Marveland Avengers: Endgame. Marvel this week set Destin Daniel Cretton to direct Shang-Chi.

Prior to his dismissal, Gunn had written a script which Marvel confirmed would be used for the third Guardians of the Galaxy installment. I expect Gunn to confirm all this as he supports the release ofBrightburn, the David Yarovevsky-directed Elizabeth Banks-starrer that he produced and Sony releases May 24.
Disney

There will be an inevitable chorus of those who will gripe about Gunn’s return, but creatively, Guardians will benefit from his return. The entire cast of the film was outspoken in its desire to have Gunn back, saying that those satiric tweets did not match his personal actions. The cast clearly loves him; Chris Pratt, Zoey Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, Michael Rooker and Pom Klementieff all pleaded for Gunn’s return, in an open letter. The controversy shattered the camaraderie that the cast had with the filmmaker and put a strongly performing franchise in limbo. Marvel has done a great job allowing its filmmakers to inject their personalities into each franchise, and perhaps none has been as stamped by one filmmaker as Gunn on the Guardiansfranchise. The first two installments grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide, with the sequel out grossing the first picture.

Soon after the announcement of Gunn’s firing, fans circulated a petition urging Disney to reconsider. On October 31st, a fan crowdfunded billboard went up in Anaheim, CA to rehire Gunn.
Disney is days from closing its acquisition of the assets of Fox and while the company will always be family first, it is somehow reassuring that there is room for second chances, and for a good director to have a chance to overcome a colossally stupid mistake.
UTA and The Safran Company rep Gunn.

LiddyRules

The decision to rehire Gunn –he was fired last July by Disney after alt-right journalists made public a fusillade of decade old social media missives that made light of pedophilia and **** — was one that was mulled and actually made months ago, following conversations with Disney studio leadership and the team at Marvel Studios. Why the change of heart? After the firing, Walt Disney Studios president Alan Hornmet with Gunn on multiple occasions to discuss the situation. Persuaded by Gunn’s public apology and his handling of the situation after, Horn decided to reverse course and reinstate Gunn.

The social media messages were indefensible, but the filmmaker never did anything but blame himself for poor judgment displayed at a time when he was emerging from the Troma film factory and attempting to be a provocateur. There were no reports that Gunn ever engaged in the behavior he lampooned. Unlike the defensive posture exhibited by Kevin Hart that led him to skip hosting the Oscars, Gunn fell on his sword early and often and never lashed out at Disney.

Ultimately, Gunn’s missives were poorly chosen words and not actions, though Disney’s quick trigger was completely understandable when the social media messages were first reported by outlets like Fox News. Those outlets reported that Gunn’s missives were exposed as payback for Gunn being a vocal critic of President Donald Trump.

Gunn’s return to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 got complicated when he signed on to write and direct the Suicide Squad sequel for Warner Bros and DC. Marvel Studios has agreed to commence production on Guardians of the Galaxy 3 after Gunn completes Suicide Squad 2. Making the whole thing easier though was the fact that Marvel Studios never met with or considered any other director for Guardians of the Galaxy 3, despite speculation that Thor: Ragnarok helmer Taika Waititi and Vicehelmer Adam McKay were in the mix.

Marvel Studios has remained mum on all details concerning Guardians of the Galaxy 3, as the Kevin Feige-led division turned its focus toward Captain Marveland Avengers: Endgame. Marvel this week set Destin Daniel Cretton to direct Shang-Chi.

Prior to his dismissal, Gunn had written a script which Marvel confirmed would be used for the third Guardians of the Galaxy installment. I expect Gunn to confirm all this as he supports the release ofBrightburn, the David Yarovevsky-directed Elizabeth Banks-starrer that he produced and Sony releases May 24.
Disney

There will be an inevitable chorus of those who will gripe about Gunn’s return, but creatively, Guardians will benefit from his return. The entire cast of the film was outspoken in its desire to have Gunn back, saying that those satiric tweets did not match his personal actions. The cast clearly loves him; Chris Pratt, Zoey Saldana, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, Michael Rooker and Pom Klementieff all pleaded for Gunn’s return, in an open letter. The controversy shattered the camaraderie that the cast had with the filmmaker and put a strongly performing franchise in limbo. Marvel has done a great job allowing its filmmakers to inject their personalities into each franchise, and perhaps none has been as stamped by one filmmaker as Gunn on the Guardiansfranchise. The first two installments grossed over $1.6 billion worldwide, with the sequel out grossing the first picture.

Soon after the announcement of Gunn’s firing, fans circulated a petition urging Disney to reconsider. On October 31st, a fan crowdfunded billboard went up in Anaheim, CA to rehire Gunn.
Disney is days from closing its acquisition of the assets of Fox and while the company will always be family first, it is somehow reassuring that there is room for second chances, and for a good director to have a chance to overcome a colossally stupid mistake.

Pigdango

Donator
The inference I meant you to draw from my comment was that the show was so groundbreaking that it went beyond my mere enjoyment, and you would have been right if you had. For all the money that was poured into GOT, it didn't stun me in the way Legion had. I refrained from critique of CM until I saw it, so it might be a good idea for you to schedule a binge so you know what you're talking about.

Additionally, I tend to think it's not the showrunner, nor Dan Stevens risen status that are killing it as much as the Disney strings are being pulled as they were with the aforementioned DD & co. When you see this, you'll realize how tragic that is.
It's entirely up to you whether you choose to believe Noah Hawley. My point remains that a show that has/had a plan to tell a story across a fixed amount of episodes/seasons appeals more to me more than an open ended project where they keep making stuff because the money is good and people like it, no matter why they like it.

A truly groundbreaking show is one that sets out to tell a story, and tells it without succumbing to the temptation to change or extend that story simply to make more money. If you go for the murder mystery type show, check out Safe on Netflix. It's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

Pigdango

Donator

Disney

Suzy 2 isn't due until August of 2021, meaning Guardians 3 isn't likely to see the light of day until...2023? Christ, Marvel.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
I'm glad that Gunn's been reinstated. Too much shitty drama about 'oh, we're using his script but Battista won't come back without him, blah blah blah.' It was a dumb thing to start with and now we can just move on with our lives and get that third guardians movie whenever the fuck it comes.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
It's entirely up to you whether you choose to believe Noah Hawley. My point remains that a show that has/had a plan to tell a story across a fixed amount of episodes/seasons appeals more to me more than an open ended project where they keep making stuff because the money is good and people like it, no matter why they like it.

A truly groundbreaking show is one that sets out to tell a story, and tells it without succumbing to the temptation to change or extend that story simply to make more money. If you go for the murder mystery type show, check out Safe on Netflix. It's a perfect example of what I'm talking about.
Please watch it. It's painfully clear you haven't by your responses. Story is not why the show was groundbreaking. The way they told it was.

When you watch it, you get a feeling that it will change television forever - that a precedent has been set that others have to surpass. My reply to Liddy wasn't mere joke about going back to the status quo, I'm sure many would, as producing this kind of television program would mean five less crappy ones to fill a schedule.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.

Disney

I don't like this writer. Lots of verbal gymnastics here.

"Unlike the defensive posture exhibited by Kevin Hart that led him to skip hosting the Oscars". Asshole.

Disney

I could have sworn I saw this story reported two Saturdays ago, but when nothing came of it, I figured it was either falsely reported or mere speculation.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I do hope we have enough cross over of the current MCU characters and X-Men that we get to see Rogue suck Captain Marvel.