Cineverse Marvel Cinematic Universe SPOILER filled discussion thread

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I do hope we have enough cross over of the current MCU characters and X-Men that we get to see Rogue suck Captain Marvel.
Rogue will now have to duke it out with alt-right Silver Surfer to see who is MCU's most powerful.

LiddyRules

The 9/11 Moon Landings Were An Outside Job
Rogue will now have to duke it out with alt-right Silver Surfer to see who is MCU's most powerful.

Fuck him. Blasting fashion. Guess what. Not all of us can be jacked, naked, and look fabulous and stylish at the same time.

Going back to the what should be the next phase in the MCU discussion:

1. I'm cool with putting the X-Men on the shelf for the next 5 years. Even longer when it comes to Wolverine.

2. When the X-Men do return, I think they should be set in their own universe and not in the one of the Avengers. Also no more attempts the at bringing Dark Phoenix or DOFP sagas to the big screen. Their countless other X-Men stories that can be adapted.

3. As much as liked First Class and thought Mcavoy and Fassbender were good in their respective roles, I don't think they should be part of the MCU. Outside looking in, they kind look bored of the whole thing already.

4. The idea of making the Fantastic Four guest stars in a Spider-Man movie and not have their own franchise is absurd.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Email that to Marvel. They'll be so aghast that they left out a member of Diversity Central that you'll have five titles within the month.
Peter Dinklage could use the work now that Thrones is over... or would he be in the new series they're making?

1. I'm cool with putting the X-Men on the shelf for the next 5 years. Even longer when it comes to Wolverine.

4. The idea of making the Fantastic Four guest stars in a Spider-Man movie and not have their own franchise is absurd.
1. Disney won't keep them off the shelf. They had Star Wars half a minute before they made a movie from it.

4. I disagree, but only because I never liked F4.

1. Disney won't keep them off the shelf. They had Star Wars half a minute before they made a movie from it.
There is a difference though. There has been 4 X-Men movies made over the course of 8 years. There was 10 years between Star Wars movie. So I could see why Disney was in a rush to make a new one and start to get something back for the money they spent on it. With the Fox deal, they have other ways to do that.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
There is a difference though. There has been 4 X-Men movies made over the course of 8 years. There was 10 years between Star Wars movie. So I could see why Disney was in a rush to make a new one and start to get something back for the money they spent on it. With the Fox deal, they have other ways to do that.
If Captain Marvel can make 300+ mill opening week then MCU X-Men should easily turn a profit. It looks like people will plunk down money to see ANY of these movies. X-Men is a well established series and doesn't need the huge build up most of the other films had so they can just jump right in. As you said, they did 4 movies so everyone gets it at this point.

Aren't they doing a Dark Phoenix movie? That's easy as hell to tie into the cosmic MCU. I never saw Guardians 2 but I have to assume there's a bit of crossover with characters at this point. Have they done Gladiator in the movies? The guy with the mowhawk who's powers get stronger the more confidant he is.

If Captain Marvel can make 300+ mill opening week then MCU X-Men should easily beat turn a profit. It looks like people will plunk down money to see ANY of these movies. X-Men is a well established series and doesn't need the huge build up most of the other films had so they can just jump right in. As you said, they did 4 movies so everyone gets it at this point.

Aren't they doing a Dark Phoenix movie? That's easy as hell to tie into the cosmic MCU. I never saw Guardians 2 but I have to assume there's a bit of crossover with characters at this point. Have they done Gladiator in the movies? The guy with the mowhawk who's powers get stronger the more confidant he is.

Dark Phoenix was made by 21st Century Fox, not Disney. Gladiator has not been in the movies.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dark Phoenix was made by 21st Century Fox, not Disney. Gladiator has not been in the movies.
I don't know the any details of the transfer to Disney from Fox but do you think a end credits scene will be Rocket Raccoon and Gladiator playing poker? I'd like to see that.

Rocket would cheat and Gladiator would catch him and scold him for his silly earth games.

LiddyRules

I'm actually kind of sick of the X-Men, and the idea of having to be reintroduced to Cyclops, Magneto, Professor X, Logan, again sounds frustrating. It can work with Spider-Man because he's a single character who can jump into his own adventure, but you can't do that when you'll probably have at least 8 characters you need to introduce and explain how they fit into the universe and where they've been for the past 15 years. And to jump into that right after Dark Phoenix? #NoThankYou

Last edited:

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I'm actually kind of sick of the X-Men, and the idea of having to be reintroduced to Cyclops, Magneto, Professor X, Logan, again sounds frustrating. It can work with Spider-Man because he's a single character who can jump into his own adventure, but you can't do that when you'll probably have at least 8 characters you need to introduce and explain how they fit into the universe and where they've been for the past 15 years? And to jump into that right after Dark Phoenix? #NoThankYou
You have to look at this from the perspective of a youtuber who does toy unboxing videos. I think their opinion of a MCU X-Men would be..

LiddyRules

You have to look at this from the perspective of a youtuber who does toy unboxing videos. I think their opinion of a MCU X-Men would be..

I'm not saying it would be cool. I'm saying right now, I'd rather be through with the X-Men. I'd much rather see what they can do with the Fantastic Four considering how we've never actually gotten a good Fantastic Four movie. To introduce Doom or Silver or Galactus into the universe.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
I'm not saying it would be cool. I'm saying right now, I'd rather be through with the X-Men. I'd much rather see what they can do with the Fantastic Four considering how we've never actually gotten a good Fantastic Four movie. To introduce Doom or Silver or Galactus into the universe.
Galactus is very problematic. A large man dressed in purple is typically a black man's movie role.

It seems like we are all getting a bit weary of the endless stream of superhero movies. Reboots of reimaginings of recastings galore. And they'll have to start dipping into the pool of failed American Idol stars to put on uniforms and make another movie.

LiddyRules

It seems like we are all getting a bit weary of the endless stream of superhero movies. Reboots of reimaginings of recastings galore. And they'll have to start dipping into the pool of failed American Idol stars to put on uniforms and make another movie.
Katherine McPhee as Power Girl.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
I don't know the any details of the transfer to Disney from Fox but do you think a end credits scene will be Rocket Raccoon and Gladiator playing poker? I'd like to see that.

Rocket would cheat and Gladiator would catch him and scold him for his silly earth games.
At this point, there's been so many Essex teases both in and outside postcredits scenes, that it's bound to be another. I want to choke someone.