Marvel Heroes MMO

NotSoFast

Apr 23, 2006
Thibodaux, LA USA
500 Iron Men and Wolverines running around on the screen at the same time. Yecchhh!

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
No.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I played the beta a couple weekends ago. Like notsofast said multiple copies of the same character running around the screen. I played as the Thing and was invited to a group only to be kicked because they wanted a different Thing. It's alot like Diablo III. At least the controls are. Point and move and spam attack buttons. I made it to the first couple levels. Took down the Green Goblin fairly easy. There's some crafting thing where you make Pym particles and unstable molecules but I found it confusing and didn't want to waste my limited play time screwing with it.

This is a tough thing to pull off for these comic book companies. In DC you can't play as any existing character and Marvel there's a limited number of toons you can play. I just don't see a happy medium where they can succesfully pull this off. I played the DC version from day one for about a year and haven't picked it up since.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I just did it. You have to have an IGN account, which is free and I apparantly already had.

Oct 16, 2008
Parma, OH
I hope my GameCube still works since that's the system it looks like they had in mind during development.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
Videogamer.com is giving beta keys away for this weekend if anyone cares. Last weekend was better than the first one I played. It really is just Diablo with a Marvel skin. At least this way they can have expansions.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I have a beta code for this weekend. PM if interested.

ianbobo

It's My Birthday!
Oct 4, 2004
South of Boston
I've been playing cause they suckered me in to a founders pack. It's not too bad if you like Diablo type games.