Movie Marvel's Black Panther - February 16, 2018

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Lupita Nyong'o in Talks to Star in 'Black Panther'

Lupita Nyong'o, who won an Oscar for her performance in 12 Years a Slave, is in negotiations to star opposite Chadwick Boseman in Marvel Studios’ Black Panther.

Ryan Coogler, who wrote and directed Creed, is helming the comic book movie as well as writing the script.

Boseman and Black Panther were introduced in Captain America: Civil War, which crossed the $700 million worldwide mark in under a week and a half.

The character, whose name is T’Challa, is the warrior king of Wakanda, Marvel’s fictional African nation that is rich in an unbreakable alloy called vibranium.

N’yongo’s character has not been revealed, although she will be the Panther’s love interest.

Black Panther has a Feb. 2, 2018, release date, with production set to start in early 2017.

N’yongo last appeared as the alien Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens and lent her voice for the wolf Raksha in The Jungle Book. She also is attached to star in DreamWorks’ Intelligent Life, a sci-fi drama now seeking a director, and is nominated for a Tony Award for her work in Eclipsed.

N’yongo is repped by CAA, D2 Management and Del Shaw.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/black-panther-lupita-nyongo-talks-893213

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
She a great actress and I think she's kinda pretty.

That's right, Wackbag. I said it.
I don't think she's very attractive at all. I think it's something about her eyes...

BIV

I don't think she's very attractive at all. I think it's something about her eyes...

I'd hit it. 1,000 years of experience, man.

Pigdango

Donator
So much for Simon Kinberg's pretend Fant4stic sequel @NeonTaster @LiddyRules @crippledalbino

http://deadline.com/2016/05/michael-b-jordan-joins-cast-of-marvels-black-panther-1201755667/

Michael B. Jordan Joins Cast Of Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’
by Ross A. Lincoln

May 13, 2016 2:05pm

Marvel’s Black Panther will reunite the team behind the Oscar-nominated Creed, asMichael B. Jordan has joined the cast of the Ryan Coogler-directed film. Marvel declined to comment, but we’re hearing the deal is set with Jordan possibly playing a villainous role in the film that will star Chadwick Boseman as the titular super hero, who serves as King and protector of the fictional African nation of Wakanda.

Jordan’s hiring comes amid rave reviews for Boseman over his portrayal of Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War, and it follows yesterday’s news that Lupita Nyong’o is in talks to play an as-yet unrevealed love interest in the film. It also caps off a big week of Marvel-adjacent news for Jordan. As Deadline exclusively reported yesterday, Captain America: Civil War directors The Russo Brothers have come aboard as producers on Jordan’s upcoming remake of The Thomas Crown Affair for MGM.

Black Panther will be the third collaboration between Jordan and Coogler. Along with last year’s Creed, the duo first teamed for the 2013 biographical drama Fruitvale Station. Jordan is represented by WME, MGMT Management, and Bloom Hergott. Black Panther is set to begin filming in 2017 and hit theaters February 2, 2018.

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
So much for Simon Kinberg's pretend Fant4stic sequel @NeonTaster @LiddyRules @crippledalbino

http://deadline.com/2016/05/michael-b-jordan-joins-cast-of-marvels-black-panther-1201755667/

by Ross A. Lincoln

Marvel’s Black Panther will reunite the team behind the Oscar-nominated Creed, asMichael B. Jordan has joined the cast of the Ryan Coogler-directed film. Marvel declined to comment, but we’re hearing the deal is set with Jordan possibly playing a villainous role in the film that will star Chadwick Boseman as the titular super hero, who serves as King and protector of the fictional African nation of Wakanda.

Jordan’s hiring comes amid rave reviews for Boseman over his portrayal of Black Panther in Captain America: Civil War, and it follows yesterday’s news that Lupita Nyong’o is in talks to play an as-yet unrevealed love interest in the film. It also caps off a big week of Marvel-adjacent news for Jordan. As Deadline exclusively reported yesterday, Captain America: Civil War directors The Russo Brothers have come aboard as producers on Jordan’s upcoming remake of The Thomas Crown Affair for MGM.

Black Panther will be the third collaboration between Jordan and Coogler. Along with last year’s Creed, the duo first teamed for the 2013 biographical drama Fruitvale Station. Jordan is represented by WME, MGMT Management, and Bloom Hergott. Black Panther is set to begin filming in 2017 and hit theaters February 2, 2018.
Thank motherfucking christ.

Neon

ネオン
Donator

by Ross A. Lincoln

LOL Marvel poached both human torches from Fox.

Pigdango

Donator
LOL Marvel poached both human torches from Fox.
Interesting thing besides the REL timing was that the Russos appear to have helped get the deal done by signing on to produce Jordan's Thomas Crown remake. So Marvel's influence is starting to extend outside their 2-3 films a year.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Interesting thing besides the REL timing was that the Russos appear to have helped get the deal done by signing on to produce Jordan's Thomas Crown remake. So Marvel's influence is starting to extend outside their 2-3 films a year.
Well the Russo Brothers are like the new Nolan so I'm not surprised that they're carrying a shit ton of clout now.

BIV

You have no idea. Here's Black Panther's main villain:

I don't care what anyone says, wearing the skin of a giant albino gorilla is bad ass.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
A movie with a mostly black cast and Idris Alba is no where to be seen? Its a miracle!

I figured he'd play the entire cast like Eddie Murphy.