NETFLIX Marvel's Iron Fist (Netflix Series)

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Figure this is as good a time as any to start this thread since Marvel has found its Iron Fist.

Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones to play Iron Fist

Marvel has found its newest superhero: Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones has landed the coveted series lead in Iron Fist.

Jones, who plays Ser Loras Tyrell on the HBO hit, will take on the role of the martial arts master in the upcoming Netflix series, EW has learned.

Iron Fist is set to be the fourth Marvel and Netflix collaboration, following Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and the forthcoming Luke Cage. Scott Buck (Dexter) has been tapped as showrunner. Marvel plans to eventually unite all its heroes in a series called The Defenders.

In the comics, Iron Fist is Daniel Rand, who at age of 9 travels with his family from New York to a lost mystical city called K’un-L’un. After some tragic twists of fate, Rand is adopted by the city’s ruler and taught advanced martial arts and the mystical power of the Iron Fist. As an adult, Rand returns to his native New York and begins a career as a superhero.

Some fans have urged Marvel to cast an Asian actor in the lead role, even though the character is white in the comics. Others countered that picking an Asian actor simply because the hero’s ability is martial arts would be a stereotypical move. Jones’ casting was first floated as a rumor on That Hashtag Show.

Jones, who also appeared in British shows such as Hollyoaks, is next set to appear in season 6 of Thrones, while Marvel’s next premiere is the eagerly awaited return of Daredevil on March 18.

Netflix and Marvel had no comment.

Dec 12, 2007
Yikes, that's a bad picture.

Heres one where he has a normal face.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle

Dec 12, 2007
Now the real question, who plays Fat Cobra and where are his victory wenches?

Last edited:

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Supposedly SJWs are already outraged by this. I don't know why. Their incoherent babble is hard to follow.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Supposedly SJWs are already outraged by this. I don't know why. Their incoherent babble is hard to follow.
They probably think he should be Asian, even though he isn't.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
They probably think he should be Asian, even though he isn't.
More like "he's white but making him Asian because cultural appropriation":

Hitfix said:
Yes, Iron Fist has always been a white character. But looking back at both his origin and history through a modern lens, Danny Rand becomes a poster child for appropriation.
I love that they are getting murdered on their Facebook page:

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You fucks, the point of his character is that he's a white dude from New York who was steeped in the Asian culture. The character doesn't fucking work if he's not white.

Fuck I hate people.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
More like "he's white but making him Asian because cultural appropriation":

I love that they are getting murdered on their Facebook page:

This is one of those fights where you just want to give them the win because they're insane and won't listen to reason and you have way more important things to do and don't care that much.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
This is one of those fights where you just want to give them the win because they're insane and won't listen to reason and you have way more important things to do and don't care that much.
This is actually one of the times where I think they are going too far and even people who generally don't care about these things are getting annoyed. The problem with SJWism is that it never sleeps, so even the fence sitters or people who don't give a shit about these kinds of things are generally don't care if someone who is traditionally white is made black or man made a woman etc look at this and go "seriously? You're going to throw a fit about this too? Give it a fucking rest."

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
This is actually one of the times where I think they are going too far and even people who generally don't care about these things are getting annoyed. The problem with SJWism is that it never sleeps, so even the fence sitters or people who don't give a shit about these kinds of things are generally don't care if someone who is traditionally white is made black or man made a woman etc look at this and go "seriously? You're going to throw a fit about this too? Give it a fucking rest."
You find out about this casting and the next second, you're thrust into the middle of a screaming dissertation (not a debate, not a discussion, a dissertation) about centuries of Asian oppression by Westerners, and you just don't want to deal with it.

It's like you just woke up and have to defend the use and treatment of Chinese laborers in building the railroads.

Last edited:

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
You find out about this casting and the next second, you're thrust into the middle of a screaming dissertation (not a debate, not a discussion, a dissertation) about centuries of Asian oppression by Westerners, and you just don't want to deal with it.

It's like you just woke up and have to defend the use and treatment of Chinese laborers in building the railroads.
Funny enough, the first I heard that people were upset was reading these tweets from Moviebob, who is the biggest fucking SJW trashbag on the planet. I mean the guy is literally a progressive sociopath who thinks ideologically inferior people should be purged from existence (no hyperbole) and even he rolled his eyes at the tantrum over this. That's saying something.

Dec 12, 2007
Funny enough, the first I heard that people were upset was reading these tweets from Moviebob, who is the biggest fucking SJW trashbag on the planet. I mean the guy is literally a progressive sociopath who thinks ideologically inferior people should be purged from existence (no hyperbole) and even he rolled his eyes at the tantrum over this. That's saying something.

In general, don't Asian people get less sympathy when it comes to the stereotyping/SJW stuff?

Anything black people say, no matter how ludicrous, gets some sort of ink.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

Isn't the racial stereotype saying that a martial arts master needs to be Asian?

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
This is from the same website that broke the "BvS is in trouble" story, so folks can probably breathe easier knowing that's bullshit.

There is an inherent problem with Iron Fist - He's a white guy steeped in Asian culture, which makes most of his enemies Asian. Add to that the fact that the Hand is going to be a major threat on Daredevil season 2, and this could turn into a thing for Marvel...

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Isn't the racial stereotype saying that a martial arts master needs to be Asian?
That's why he is saying "damned if you do, damned if you don't." The Hitfix piece basically says "if you take this character that is steeped in Asian culture and make him Asian, then it will spare us the need to kvetch about cultural appropriation." But the flipside of that is that you are left with what is basically a racial cartoon. Can't win. SJWashi Maru.

Dec 12, 2007
YES THEY DO!

I saw a youtube ad a couple weeks ago where they made the samurai slashing prices a white guy and it made me angry. THAT'S A CHINAMAN'S JOB!

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
In general, don't Asian people get less sympathy when it comes to the stereotyping/SJW stuff?
That's because they're generally harder to understand.

I think they get less sympathy because the media and SJWs knows there is more traction in fanning the flames of racism with blacks and Muslums. Asians tend to be quieter and care less. You're not going to see as many angry Asians, and white people don't care about them as much.

Dec 12, 2007
Asians tend to be quieter and care less. You're not going to see as many angry Asians, and white people don't care about them as much.
Asian people probably see it was shameful to prostrate yourself on TV and crying racism.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Iron Fist is from that 60s/70s era where everybody wanted to be Bruce Lee.

Shit, have these retards not watched a Blaxploitation film? The Wu-Tang Clan? That UFC fighter, Bruce Leeroy? Been to a mall in the hood and passed a kiosk with nothing but black martial arts movies?

Fucking retards.

Saikotic

Scraping a dull blade across your tender eyeball
Donator
Mar 5, 2005
Right Behind You
Never let them win. They are NEVER satisfied.

Dec 12, 2007
Iron Fist is from that 60s/70s era where everybody wanted to be Bruce Lee.

Shit, have these retards not watched a Blaxploitation film? The Wu-Tang Clan? That UFC fighter, Bruce Leeroy? Been to a mall in the hood and passed a kiosk with nothing but black martial arts movies?

Fucking retards.
Blaxploitation is actually how his best friend Luke Cage, aka Power Man, got his start.

Also, in the spirit of racial diversity, Lei-Kung the immortal martial arts master and protector of K'un-Lun is now going to be played by a female kung fu panda.

Last edited:

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Here's some exciting news - really!

Shang Chi will reportedly feature in the Iron Fist series!