NETFLIX Marvel's Jessica Jones - Netflix, Season 2

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
I'm sure they'll retcon some evil Ted-El who will cause hijinks and shenanigans.
Here's a list of new comics shows I will never see:
Krypton
Teen Titans
Cloak & Dagger
The Runaways
New Warriors

Enough.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
But in a few months... THE RETURN OF WARD
His BFF has a hot cool Asian GF and a new cool black BFF. Is there still a place for him in Danny's life, or is he stuck with his totally lame sister?

Out of curiosity, at any point in JJS2 does she mention that last fall she went on a quest to protect New York from the excavation of magic dragon bones?

crippledalbino

The God of 42nd Street
Donator
Aug 16, 2006
The Oh-See, Fuck-Asses
His BFF has a hot cool Asian GF and a new cool black BFF. Is there still a place for him in Danny's life, or is he stuck with his totally lame sister?

Out of curiosity, at any point in JJS2 does she mention that last fall she went on a quest to protect New York from the excavation of magic dragon bones?
You know, funny enough, haven't mentioned it yet. Almost as though that had no bearing on anyone's life.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
You know, funny enough, haven't mentioned it yet. Almost as though that had no bearing on anyone's life.
She had to protect magic dragon bones! Like I know she's so dark, edgy and cynical, but at some point, when she's alone and drunk she'd have to laugh to herself "fucking magic dragon bones."

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I don't doubt Punisher is fine. But I haven't watched Downtown Abbey either.
If Downtown Abbey had people killing each other with machine guns I’d totally watch it.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Here's a list of new comics shows I will never see:
Krypton
Teen Titans
Cloak & Dagger
The Runaways
New Warriors

Enough.
Welcome to the party, pal.

In addition to these, here’s a list of comic book shows I’ve never watched an episode of:
Green Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning
Gotham
Legion
The Defenders
The Punisher
Preacher
Lucifer
The Gifted

I’m confident that I’ve missed absolutely nothing of value.

I’ve watched exactly one episode of:
The Flash
Supergirl

Both were atrocious and only had merit as HitW fodder, but ultimately were too horrible even for that.

I gave up on:
Daredevil
Agents of SHIELD
Iron Fist
Walking Dead
Luke Cage

All ran out of ideas and steam.

TV should be the ideal medium for comic book adaptations, but they just can’t seem to get it right. Budget seems to be the primary reason. And aside from Flash and maybe Daredevil, these are all D grade characters.

ScottFromGA

I cum into socks.
Apr 8, 2006
Georgia
My biggest takeaway from JJS2, men suck and women are awesome.

That's pretty much it....I enjoyed it but it was leaps and bounds below season 1.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005
Welcome to the party, pal.

In addition to these, here’s a list of comic book shows I’ve never watched an episode of:
Green Arrow
Legends of Tomorrow
Black Lightning
Gotham
Legion
The Defenders
The Punisher
Preacher
Lucifer
The Gifted

I’m confident that I’ve missed absolutely nothing of value.

I’ve watched exactly one episode of:
The Flash
Supergirl

Both were atrocious and only had merit as HitW fodder, but ultimately were too horrible even for that.

I gave up on:
Daredevil
Agents of SHIELD
Iron Fist
Walking Dead
Luke Cage

All ran out of ideas and steam.

TV should be the ideal medium for comic book adaptations, but they just can’t seem to get it right. Budget seems to be the primary reason. And aside from Flash and maybe Daredevil, these are all D grade characters.
I really like Preacher and Legion is easily one of my favorite shows on TV now; it's one of the few shows I'm up for watching weekly. But I wouldn't be like "Oh my God, you haven't seen SOANDSO." I get it. I don't think there's any show that I would do that about. Not even Game of Thrones. There's too much to watch, too little time, and dedicating yourself to a show is a huge commitment and very little actually qualifies as "must-see". If you're not into a show I get it. I'll recommend something, but I won't berate you for not getting into it. The only shows I really push are Rick and Morty and BoJack Horseman, and they're both half hour cartoons. But you do watch This Is Us (@Jacuzzi Billy), so maybe you should give something like Legion a shot.

And Venture Brothers. It takes about a season and a half to really kick in, but once it does, it's probably the best television/movie superhero property ever. (And again, that plays into my earlier point. It's a time commitment, it's worth it, but I won't fault someone for not wanting to sink that time in.)

As for Netflix and CW. The Netflix shows aren't all that different from the CW shows once you see the patterns.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I really like Preacher and Legion is easily one of my favorite shows on TV now; it's one of the few shows I'm up for watching weekly. But I wouldn't be like "Oh my God, you haven't seen SOANDSO." I get it. I don't think there's any show that I would do that about. Not even Game of Thrones. There's too much to watch, too little time, and dedicating yourself to a show is a huge commitment and very little actually qualifies as "must-see". If you're not into a show I get it. I'll recommend something, but I won't berate you for not getting into it. The only shows I really push are Rick and Morty and BoJack Horseman, and they're both half hour cartoons. But you do watch This Is Us (@Jacuzzi Billy), so maybe you should give something like Legion a shot.

And Venture Brothers. It takes about a season and a half to really kick in, but once it does, it's probably the best television/movie superhero property ever. (And again, that plays into my earlier point. It's a time commitment, it's worth it, but I won't fault someone for not wanting to sink that time in.)

As for Netflix and CW. The Netflix shows aren't all that different from the CW shows once you see the patterns.
Is Flash a this is us fan?

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Is this any good? I haven't even watched Punisher yet. I'm well past saturation point.

Radioguy

Having it my way since '98
Aug 25, 2002
NYC
I really like Preacher and Legion is easily one of my favorite shows on TV now...
I'm really looking forward to Legion again.

Is this any good? I haven't even watched Punisher yet. I'm well past saturation point.
If you saw S1, and wasn't sold on that, skip this.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I just thought he'd mock you for it.
I think he would probably realize I was kidding the other day and don’t really watch it.

Following is a complete list of all the TV shows I watch for your and his mocking pleasure:

Broadchurch

Mock away.

I have also watched single seasons of some Netflix shows, but I don’t know if those count? Let me know if you need to know those.

Mandy Moore is pretty though. So there’s that.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
I think he would probably realize I was kidding the other day and don’t really watch it.

Following is a complete list of all the TV shows I watch for your and his mocking pleasure:

Broadchurch

Mock away.

I have also watched single seasons of some Netflix shows, but I don’t know if those count? Let me know if you need to know those.

Broadchurch is great. Granted I've only seen part of season 1 but David Tenant is so great. I'm obsessed with how messy his tie is all the time. It's a great little character touch.

LiddyRules

Jun 1, 2005

Broadchurch

Mock away.

Actually, the reason I brought up wanting to get a Wackbag Mystery Squad together (where we watch the next new seasonal mystery show - regardless of quality - and guess the culprit, but it has to be new and weekly so no spoilers) is because I started Broadchurch Season 2 and it made me think playing along to Season 1 would have been fun.

We watch alone and discuss, it's not an HitW thing.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I'm also a fan of Tenant/Broadchurch. Are you still on season 1, @Pigdango?
I found season 2 to be a pretty big drop off from S1, personally. Not that I didn't like it, but S1 was so much more involved, IMO.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I found season 2 to be a pretty big drop off from S1, personally. Not that I didn't like it, but S1 was so much more involved, IMO.
I agreed at first, but as it went on it got a little better. Season 3 is better than 2.

Pigdango

Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Actually, the reason I brought up wanting to get a Wackbag Mystery Squad together (where we watch the next new seasonal mystery show - regardless of quality - and guess the culprit, but it has to be new and weekly so no spoilers) is because I started Broadchurch Season 2 and it made me think playing along to Season 1 would have been fun.

We watch alone and discuss, it's not an HitW thing.
La Mante would have been a good one to do that with. Not a weekly show but it’s a quick 6 episodes and there are lots of twists and turns.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I didn't know Broadchurch had a season 3. I must investigate this. Thanks!