Mass exodus of Pests to Oklahoma (Upskirt Photos Declared Legal!)

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
Article

Court Drops Case of 'Peeping Tom' in Target; Says Victim Was Not in Private Place

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

OKLAHOMA CITY — A man accused of using a camera to take pictures under the skirt of an unsuspecting 16-year-old girl at a Tulsa store did not commit a crime, a state appeals court has ruled.

The state Court of Criminal Appeals voted 4-1 in favor of Riccardo Gino Ferrante, who was arrested in 2006 for situating a camera underneath the girl's skirt at a Target store and taking photographs.

Ferrante, now 34, was charged under a "Peeping Tom" statute that requires the victim to be "in a place where there is a right to a reasonable expectation of privacy." Testimony indicated he followed the girl, knelt down behind her and placed the camera under her skirt.
It's legal to upskirt 16-year old girls in Oklahoma.

Dude.
:icon_eek:

grail

Tahini sauce in my drawers
Sep 24, 2005
MN
No, even with that you can't make me move to Oklahoma.

ruckstande

Posts mostly from the shitter.
Apr 2, 2005
South Jersey
Wait, how is this not a at a minimum considered a peeping tom crime?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Wait, how is this not a at a minimum considered a peeping tom crime?
The ruling was because she was in a public place.

Ferrante, now 34, was charged under a "Peeping Tom" statute that requires the victim to be "in a place where there is a right to a reasonable expectation of privacy." Testimony indicated he followed the girl, knelt down behind her and placed the camera under her skirt.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I think the court got it right on this one. Unless the camera was in her skirt, but then it's sexual assault. It's creepy, but shouldn't be illegal.

For example, a girl is wearing a short skirt and sitting across a store from me. She isn't paying much attention and has her legs spread too far apart. If I snap a pic from across the store, I'm getting the same view this creep was. Am I a peeping Tom? You can't make one illegal without making the other illegal.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
I think the court got it right on this one. Unless the camera was in her skirt, but then it's sexual assault. It's creepy, but shouldn't be illegal.

For example, a girl is wearing a short skirt and sitting across a store from me. She isn't paying much attention and has her legs spread too far apart. If I snap a pic from across the store, I'm getting the same view this creep was. Am I a peeping Tom? You can't make one illegal without making the other illegal.
What you are describing is an inadvertent flashing. The article states he placed the camera under her skirt:
who was arrested in 2006 for situating a camera underneath the girl's skirt at a Target store and taking photographs.
That right there is fucking creepy. He wasn't a few feet away, he was RIGHT FUCKING THERE. She didn't accidentally flash him...he put the camera UP HER SKIRT.

Would you let the creep that did this to your mom, wife, or daughter live?

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
First it was using the answer "because God said so" on a test, now it's "teen upskirt photos are ok"?

When are they legalizing ****?

seeinred

White Death
Apr 29, 2007
Sterling Heights, MI
What you are describing is an inadvertent flashing. The article states he placed the camera under her skirt:

That right there is fucking creepy. He wasn't a few feet away, he was RIGHT FUCKING THERE. She didn't accidentally flash him...he put the camera UP HER SKIRT.

Would you let the creep that did this to your mom, wife, or daughter live?
I'd let him live, but he'd probably hurt for a few days.

Don't you have a reasonable expectation of privacy between your legs, no matter where you are? If he had stuck his head up her skirt, wouldn't this be a whole different story? It's a weeee li'l bit fucked up.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Lets add a visual, shall we?

BCH

Doesn't need your acknowledgement on Twitter
Wackbag Staff
Jun 9, 2005
New York
What if the wind comes sweepin' down the plain and blows her skirt up? Can I take a picture then?

Digital_Trauma

"man of leisure". . . aaaand repeat
May 2, 2005
Lexington, KY
This really sounds like the "she was asking for it because she was wearing that outfit" defense.

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
No one beat me to it?
This thread is worthless without pics!

moegolden

Perv-switch toggler
Oct 3, 2004

Fr. Dougal

Feb 17, 2004
If anyone did this to my sister, I guarantee you I'd be in prison for aggravated assault. Not just simple battery. No, aggravated assault. You know, the kind where you beat a guy into a coma.

I'd sit in jail for a while, but I'd feel better than if I saw a punk doing this and I let him get away with it.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
If anyone did this to my sister, I guarantee you I'd be in prison for aggravated assault. Not just simple battery. No, aggravated assault. You know, the kind where you beat a guy into a coma.

I'd sit in jail for a while, but I'd feel better than if I saw a punk doing this and I let him get away with it.
Agg battery, Fr.