North Beach, MD
******jesus, now where's the fun in that?******

TheBostonChannel.com

SPANKING BAN?

Lawmakers To Consider Spanking Ban
Nurse Wants State To Outlaw Corporal Punishment

POSTED: 7:09 am EST November 27, 2007
UPDATED: 7:19 am EST November 27, 2007
BOSTON -- Lawmakers on Beacon Hill are set to consider a proposed ban on spanking children in the commonwealth.

NewsCenter 5's Shiba Russell reported that the issue is set for debate at a Statehouse hearing Wednesday morning.

The Boston Herald reported that State Rep. Jay Kaufman filed the spanking ban petition at the request of an Arlington, Mass., nurse who wants Massachusetts to become the first state in the country to stop corporal punishment.

If this proposal does become law and parents are caught hitting their children who are under the age of 18 they could be charged with abuse or neglect.

Copyright 2007 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
They've been trying to do that up here for years. If a kid goes to school, tells a teach he was spanked, the teacher alerts the RCMP and children's services. I got spanked as a kid, and I deserved it when I did, did me no harm. I will spank my kids as well. It's no wonder the youth of today is useless. They keep hearing "You are our future", and "You are the worlds next leaders", etc, so they get the mindset they don't have to work for anything, that'll it just fall in their laps.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
You know, if you don't want to spank your kids, that's fine. Go right ahead with whatever punishment (if any) you want to hand out. But stay the fuck out of my house. *IF* I ever have kids, and *IF* those kids misbehave, there's a good chance they'll get smack on the ass.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
You know, if you don't want to spank your kids, that's fine. Go right ahead with whatever punishment (if any) you want to hand out. But stay the fuck out of my house. *IF* I ever have kids, and *IF* those kids misbehave, there's a good chance they'll get smack on the ass.
my mom broke more than a few wooden spoons over my ass, and my dad whalloped me with his belt as well, but everytime I learned my lesson, and USUALLY didn't do what got me the belt in the first place again

SurlyTruckDrivr

You've got a friend in WDTv2.0
Apr 28, 2005
Westport, Mass
They've been trying to do that up here for years. If a kid goes to school, tells a teach he was spanked, the teacher alerts the RCMP and children's services. I got spanked as a kid, and I deserved it when I did, did me no harm. I will spank my kids as well. It's no wonder the youth of today is useless. They keep hearing "You are our future", and "You are the worlds next leaders", etc, so they get the mindset they don't have to work for anything, that'll it just fall in their laps.
Agreed, every smack I got as a kid was deserved. If the worst thing that would've happened to me as a kid was I'd have to sit in fucking timeout for a little while without getting hit, I wouldn't have been afraid to do anything. It was the fear of getting a whack that kept me in line. I never got anything that was excessive nor do I condone beating kids, but there's nothing wrong with the kids having a little fear in them to make them think about doing something stupid.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
I read that 'time outs' are going to follow.

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
My sister works in a day care and they aren't allowed to hit the kids (which I agree with), but they also aren't allowed to give them a time out or put them in the corner. They have to tell the kids to "use their words" and then redirect them to something else.

Faggots. They're all going to be faggots.

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
Faggots. They're all going to be faggots.
This is why we are finished.

White kids get "time outs" and stern words while everyone else gets the shit slapped out of them.

White kids get helmets, knee pads and plastic playgrounds while everyone else gets concrete and iron and is left to fend for themselves in the streets.

I'll bet the average ten year old in the ghetto can knock out their 17 year old white counterpart in the pussy ass suburbs. We ought to be ashamed of ourselves.

We're so convinced that we are the problem while the rest of the world continues on in their savage ways. We worry about mistreating prisoners and criminals while the rest of the world is hanging em high, if not lopping off their limbs.

We did have a heckuva run for a while there though.

Beeman99

Mar 14, 2005
wow, I thought I'd get attacked for condoning spankings

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
My mom threw boots at me on a regular basis, and threw a claw hammer at my brother once. We didn't really get spanked a lot though.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
There's always mental abuse. It might take some more time and might have to be more calculated, but it's the greatest tool in your arsenal. And there's no marks!

WhiskeyWhispers

I Want To Kill You All
Mar 11, 2007
Jersey
There's always mental abuse. It might take some more time and might have to be more calculated, but it's the greatest tool in your arsenal. And there's no marks!
My mother firmly believed in mental abuse, in healthy doses , but was always good for a few whacks (or whatever she could hurl at me) to make sure it sunk in :p.

Sprite

permanent case of the Moooondays
Apr 27, 2005
Jersey
"We are a nation of hall monitors." ~ J. Norton

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
I read that 'time outs' are going to follow.

my nephew who is 3 was at my house for a couple of days with his parents for thanksgiving. the kid is wild and kept doing stuff he shouldnt. everytime they put him in a timeout and it did nothing. that is the biggest waste of teaching a child a lesson. i mention to my wife that when we have kids and they deserve to be spanked it will happen.

i echo the previous posts about getting spanked. i deserved every one of them and probably should have had more. the spoon, yardstick, sideburns pulled and a good old crack upside the back of my head definitely made me think twice about what i was doing.

this county is doomed more and more everyday

norton23

Opie And Anthony Always Win In The End
Dec 1, 2002
TITLE TOWN BABY!!!
This ties into other things that kids these days are taught. Now everybody get's a trophy for participating in sporting events,,,when I was a kid only the first place teams or kids who were outstanding in there sport such as "mvp's" would get credit and honors....now kids in some towns all get trophys just for stepping onto the field and finishing a season.

Kids today are taught WAAAY to much about "feelings," and are just too damn sensitive. They are put on meds all too often if they "act out," and are just all out pussy's from what i've seen.

Now kids can't be hit because it's being called abuse? Are you fucking kidding me?? The one great thing about certain cultures is that they don't give a fuck and will smack there kids in public (African Americans), now your taking that away. I swear to god my stepsisters are extremely well behaved because my step mom smacked em upside the head every now and then when they would act out....then they were taught not to act out because of something called REPORCUSSIONS,,,,and they are better,,, MUCH BETTER for it.

This world is turning into a a giant thearapy group and the people running these therapy groups are throwing drugs down kids mouths to shut them up instead of stepping in and laying a few wacks down here and there and teaching tough love.

I shall smack my kids, I DARE YOU TO STOP ME

Stormrider666

Hell is home.
Mar 19, 2005
Bronx, NY
You can't have it both fucking ways. Complain about the behavior of kids today and then take away the one of the ways to discpline away. Beatings done the right way, is a great way to prevent kids from acting up.

Salem

Midgets = funny
Jul 3, 2006
Buh Buh Buh Boston
My mother smacked me one time with the car keys in her hand once. She didnt mean to do it though. That was a bad gash. I did say she looked fat in that out fit but she asked how she looked. To this day my wife and I have a rule. She NEVER asks me "Do I look fat in this?" NEVER!

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
I didn't get spanked very much. You know why? Because I learned my fucking lesson the first time and didn't fucking do it again.

Bunch of slack jawed pussies in this country.