Matt Hardy goes to rehab on WWE dime

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
Matt Hardy announced today that he's accepting the advice of others and would be going into rehab through the WWE policy of providing rehab for any wrestlers who have at any time been under contract to the organization.

He is doing the right thing but how sad is it that its on WWE's dime

Vince gets a lot of crap & deserves it but he does so much as well

TNA does nothing but enable & Vince pays the tab

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
I'm sure he's got a job offer from TNA waiting for him when he gets out, too. If they sign Scott Hall again they can have a nice stable of Hall, Angle, and the Hardys. Rehabilitation X would be a good name for them, I think.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Vince gets a lot of crap & deserves it but he does so much as well
He's one of the most complex guys I've ever seen. On one hand, you have the Wendi Richter screwjob and on the other hand, you have Vince loaning Steve Austin money to help with some financial issues in the late '90s and waiving the debt off when Steve tried to pay him back.

If they sign Scott Hall again they can have a nice stable of Hall, Angle, and the Hardys.
I don't think you could use the word "stable" in connection with those five.

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Well, with how many wrestlers that have died because of issues, I think Vince kind of has to offer that at this point(though he could just as easily say go screw).

I don't think you could use the word "stable" in connection with those five.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Well, with how many wrestlers that have died because of issues, I think Vince kind of has to offer that at this point(though he could just as easily say go screw).
It's not unusual for Vince to go out of his way to help his guys, though. Like I said, when you couple that with shit like the Montreal Screwjob it paints a really interesting picture of a really complex man.

UCJOE

I have a lot of business with the Chinese
Mar 7, 2009
NJ
I disagree - very few of the wrestlers Vince pays for are under his responsibility
I'd say its about 90% non-WWE contracted
Its very obvious he cares a lot more than Dixie does