Maybe I'm "Doesn't Get The Bit Guy", but am I the only one

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
who gets really frustrated and annoyed when the phones don't work for the boys? That every phone call turns into a 2-minute bitch fest about who's not doing their job and how can it be fixed, but somehow never is?

I listen to a lot of talk radio, mostly of the sports variety, and I don't hear a lot of this shit elsewhere. I know things are more complicated with FM/XM broadcasting, but WTF this was going on when it was just XM broadcasting.

Am I "Doesn't Get The Bit Guy" on this? If so, then I'm also "I Hate This Fucking Bit Guy", and I HATE "I Hate This Fucking Bit Guy". But this shit totally fucks with the flow of the show and the pace of the show.

Sct Ptersns Twn

Looking 4 a New 1st Mate
Dec 4, 2005
Gloucestershire
Eh, I think there was something legitimately wrong with the phones this past week.

Why don't you call in and try it out? (your theory that is) :action-sm

S

Super

Now, WHY would the phones work? Really, WHY would they?...just like the microphones.

Really, though, RNF go through the same shit. They even have a jingle about it.

VMS

Victim of high standards and low personal skills.
Apr 26, 2006
It can't be that fucking hard to isolate a problem and fucking fix it. Every other talk show in the country seems to do alright with their phones, unless the guy calling in is using a cell and has a bad connection.

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
The other shows fake their calls, thats way they never seem to have any problems. :D

Actually, I assume some of the problem has to do with the fact that the XM portion of the show is remaining at K Rock while the new studios are being built.

zagman76

Wackbagger, Geek, Administrator
Wackbag Staff
Nov 18, 2004
Long Island, NY
Actually, I assume some of the problem has to do with the fact that the XM portion of the show is remaining at K Rock while the new studios are being built.
That is what the problem is. This is pure speculation, but they are probably having their PBX route the calls, rather than the TelCo.

Feb 20, 2006
**** Island
Fuck the phones. They should just use a telegraph. Professor Anthony could translate Morse code for them.

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
That song will be stuck in my head all weekend. I will sing to my wife and she will look at me like a complete psycho.

You hang out on message boards .... doesn't that make you psycho anyway? And if that's so - welcome to the psycho club since there's an awful lot of us here!! :D

Natesac

Wackbag's Official Sac
May 22, 2006
Westbury, NY
Eh, I think there was something legitimately wrong with the phones this past week.

Why don't you call in and try it out? (your theory that is) :action-sm
That's like calling the cable company because your modem is down... and the automatic message tells you that you can contact them via email for faster service.

When I have to do that, I pull out this picture and send it.

doomwarfare

Apr 23, 2006
Jersey
Love you guys.......
Sure, less than perfect can be a bummer, but the
whining about [insert whatever is flustering Op at the moment]
grates on me more than the issues themselves at times.
Work through it, this isn't the first day on the job.
Always room for more Stern bashing, though.

Ant makes problems more entertaining.
Seems to pick his b*tch spots better than Op as far as my ears can tell.
Jimmy's complaints fall somewhere in the middle.

I can certainly live with it, as it is but a small part of the wonderful
daily goodness, but it is the deal breaker with some folks
who are on the fence when I try and bring 'em over to our side.

doobdoob

Jul 7, 2006
I was getting douche chills with the number of times Kevin Smith was talking over the boys because he couldn't hear shit with those crappy phones. Is it too much to ask for people to be able to hear what's going on?

N

Norton's Taint

Love you guys.......
Sure, less than perfect can be a bummer, but the
whining about [insert whatever is flustering Op at the moment]
grates on me more than the issues themselves at times.
Work through it, this isn't the first day on the job.
Always room for more Stern bashing, though.

Ant makes problems more entertaining.
Seems to pick his b*tch spots better than Op as far as my ears can tell.
Jimmy's complaints fall somewhere in the middle.

I can certainly live with it, as it is but a small part of the wonderful
daily goodness, but it is the deal breaker with some folks
who are on the fence when I try and bring 'em over to our side.
OK you are doesn't get the bit guy, in a way. One thing about this show is that the boys bitch when they bitch and not just off the air.

Pissed me off to high hell when opie bitched about the complications they were having the first few months of xm. I mean for fucks sake XM offered to let them dry run for 2 weeks before the show, but Opie the genious knew that bitching about mic levels and intros and commercials and prerecorded sound levels and all that other shit would give them fodder. Not much different than Hoo hoo always being at odds with his bosses, which he an letterman share btw.

Anyway the point is that Op and Ant will do their laundry in public and not pre-record their calls.