Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Florida Victory Gives McCain Huge Boost

By DAVID ESPO and LIZ SIDOTI,
AP
Posted: 2008-01-29 23:45:35
Filed Under: Elections News, Politics News
MIAMI (Jan. 29) - Sen. John McCain won a breakthrough triumph in the Florida primary Tuesday night, gaining the upper hand in the battle for the Republican presidential nomination ahead of next week's contests across 21 states and lining up a quick endorsement from soon-to-be dropout Rudy Giuliani.
"It shows one thing. I'm the conservative leader who can unite the party," McCain said after easing past former Massachusetts Gov, Mitt Romney in a hard-fought contest.

"It's a very significant boost, but I think we've got a tough week ahead and a lot of states to come," he said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton was the Democratic winner in a primary held in defiance of national rules that drew no campaigning and awarded no delegates.

The victory was worth 57 national convention delegates for McCain, a winner-take-all haul that catapulted him ahead of Romney for the overall delegate lead.

Giuliani ran third, his best showing of the campaign but not nearly good enough for the one-time front-runner who decided to make his last stand in a state that is home to tens of thousands of transplanted New Yorkers.
scary picture....please don't yell!!!

http://news.aol.com/elections/story/_a/florida-victory-gives-mccain-huge-boost/20080129065509990001

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
Ladies and gentlemen, The President of the United States!!

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
We got any news on Ron Paul? I haven't looked too hard, mind you, just wondering why there are still only 3 candidates in the Republican Party being talked about in any story I find on a major wire.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
We got any news on Ron Paul? I haven't looked too hard, mind you, just wondering why there are still only 3 candidates in the Republican Party being talked about in any story I find on a major wire.
He didn't drop out yet?

How long till he takes a third party nom.

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
Who is this Ron Paul? Oh yeah the guy that votes for earmarks and tax increases and other assorted bullshit to add to bills while in committee and then votes against the bills when they get to the floor to manufacture a bullshit voting record.

Forgot about him.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
He didn't drop out yet?

How long till he takes a third party nom.
You do realize what his true platform is, right? I mean, you don't really think he's the KKK candidate do you?

His basic platform is the system's broke, he's been a part of the system for 20 years, and he knows he can make you see it by how much he can scare both sides while being a Republican.

I mean, he tried the Libertarian path when he ran before, he's just found a new avenue to intelligently pursue a path through the system, and he's being blacked out in the media because of it. I mean, he truly is scaring them.

He's broken fund raising records without starting with $100 Million finance package for Christ's sake. Why would so many people know his name when the media refuses to speak it?

A 72 year old gynecologist from Texas has been anti and pro abortion and doesn't even think it's an issue, he'd rather talk about how to fix the economy and adjust foreign policy based on his 20 years of experience.

Are you not the least bit curious why you've never heard any of these stories on the news? Why he could actually poll higher than a few candidates who were thought to be "the big 3" and it doesn't get reported anywhere?

He's not David Duke, he's not Nader, he's not Perot, the ultimate culmination of all of their radical good points, and a complete disregard for all of their really shitty points.

I mean, I honestly think we should start a new party called the "Smart Party", Democrats and Republicans used to mean completely different things, they were once chosen as party names that would speak tot he intelligent people to illustrate what they stood for... I think since we're talking to the actual masses now it should be called the "We Actually Think" party.

mendozathejew

Mar 12, 2005
jersey
I mean, I honestly think we should start a new party called the "Smart Party", Democrats and Republicans used to mean completely different things, they were once chosen as party names that would speak tot he intelligent people to illustrate what they stood for... I think since we're talking to the actual masses now it should be called the "We Actually Think" party.
good luck with that

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Man I fucking called this yesterday morning at work. I told the other folks there that McCain would win Florida due to the high number of retirees that are in the same age range as him that would give him their votes.

BIV

Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
You do realize what his true platform is, right? I mean, you don't really think he's the KKK candidate do you?

His basic platform is the system's broke, he's been a part of the system for 20 years, and he knows he can make you see it by how much he can scare both sides while being a Republican.

I mean, he tried the Libertarian path when he ran before, he's just found a new avenue to intelligently pursue a path through the system, and he's being blacked out in the media because of it. I mean, he truly is scaring them.

He's broken fund raising records without starting with $100 Million finance package for Christ's sake. Why would so many people know his name when the media refuses to speak it?

A 72 year old gynecologist from Texas has been anti and pro abortion and doesn't even think it's an issue, he'd rather talk about how to fix the economy and adjust foreign policy based on his 20 years of experience.

Are you not the least bit curious why you've never heard any of these stories on the news? Why he could actually poll higher than a few candidates who were thought to be "the big 3" and it doesn't get reported anywhere?

He's not David Duke, he's not Nader, he's not Perot, the ultimate culmination of all of their radical good points, and a complete disregard for all of their really shitty points.

I'm the Choir dude, no need to preach to me. I still can't stand his naive foreign policy stance. It's irrelevant though, he has as much chance of becoming president as I do.

I just think he will take a third party nod to keep himself, and his ideas, in the dialog.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Man I fucking called this yesterday morning at work. I told the other folks there that McCain would win Florida due to the high number of retirees that are in the same age range as him that would give him their votes.
Hillary Clinton Birthdate: 10/26/1947
John McCain Birthdate: 8/29/1936
a decade apart..
Rather have a bitter Vet than a menopausal cunt!

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I'm the Choir dude, no need to preach to me. I still can't stand his naive foreign policy stance. It's irrelevant though, he has as much chance of becoming president as I do.

I just think he will take a third party nod to keep himself, and his ideas, in the dialog.
I really don't think his foreign policy is that naive man... I mean, the only argument against us that is so universally questioned that these wack jobs can throw at us is about how we still have troops in their holy lands. "You occupy Saudi! You have troops where my magical ghost was born!"

If we make an effort to start pulling everything out in a manner of compromise at least in the geo-polical eye, the next step Hajji takes in an aggressive direction will have the world on our side again.

I mean in the midst of all this can we remember that a U.S. Carrier battle group is the 3rd largest country in the world in terms of military power? Can we remember that we have at least 14-15 fully functioning battle groups right now? That the economy suffers by using this technology unilaterally using a resource which is almost solely controlled (because of our own environmental policies) in the countries where all the war's happening? I mean, let's not even talk about how when the U.S. started fighting with Brittan when we revolted we were considered "terrorists" in their eyes because we didn't line up with bright red coats and march to a drum and yell fire before each volley.

It's just a new form of warfare which needs a new look at foreign policy, but you have to look at the whole picture, because we don't want to build an empire here, we've already proven that doesn't work. We need to find a way to co-exist... And leaving guns pointed in people's faces never leads to an understanding unless you're dealing with the worst form of oppressed people... And I think they've proven they still have some fight left.

I mean, is apologizing for not realizing you've made a few mistakes with the best intentions really a bad foreign policy to adopt?

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
I'm sorry for being long winded on the subject, it just drives me crazy when I hear someone say, "There's no way he's going to get elected anyway".

When you stop giving a shit because the system's what it is, you pander to the shit they feed you (or prevent you from being fed)

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
Hillary Clinton Birthdate: 10/26/1947
John McCain Birthdate: 8/29/1936
a decade apart..
Rather have a bitter Vet than a menopausal cunt!
Me too. but the dummies up here like to watch shit about Huckabee since he's from our state (will probably win the primary here, of course) but I just told them that the retirees would vote for McCain because he's been bashed about his age with people saying he's too old to be president.

Fuck, most of our presidents have been in their 60s when they were elected. When you're up there in age what in the fuck does five years make?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I really don't think his foreign policy is that naive man... I mean, the only argument against us that is so universally questioned that these wack jobs can throw at us is about how we still have troops in their holy lands. "You occupy Saudi! You have troops where my magical ghost was born!"

If we make an effort to start pulling everything out in a manner of compromise at least in the geo-polical eye, the next step Hajji takes in an aggressive direction will have the world on our side again.

I mean in the midst of all this can we remember that a U.S. Carrier battle group is the 3rd largest country in the world in terms of military power? Can we remember that we have at least 14-15 fully functioning battle groups right now? That the economy suffers by using this technology unilaterally using a resource which is almost solely controlled (because of our own environmental policies) in the countries where all the war's happening? I mean, let's not even talk about how when the U.S. started fighting with Brittan when we revolted we were considered "terrorists" in their eyes because we didn't line up with bright red coats and march to a drum and yell fire before each volley.

It's just a new form of warfare which needs a new look at foreign policy, but you have to look at the whole picture, because we don't want to build an empire here, we've already proven that doesn't work. We need to find a way to co-exist... And leaving guns pointed in people's faces never leads to an understanding unless you're dealing with the worst form of oppressed people... And I think they've proven they still have some fight left.

I mean, is apologizing for not realizing you've made a few mistakes with the best intentions really a bad foreign policy to adopt?
I'm sorry for being long winded on the subject, it just drives me crazy when I hear someone say, "There's no way he's going to get elected anyway".

When you stop giving a shit because the system's what it is, you pander to the shit they feed you (or prevent you from being fed)
ENOUGH WITH THE RON PAUL TROLLING. Every fucking thread doesn't have to be about Ron Paul. He's your idol. We get it.

He's got no shot at being elected. Get over it.

B

BDfromFREEPORT

Ron Paul is a tin-foil hat wearing mother hucker. Libertarians supporters are worse than Liberals sometimes.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
mccain won....but the sweetness of yesterday came with giuliani's campaign coming to a crashing halt. i don't like it....i LOVE it

B

BDfromFREEPORT

speaking of which, Edwards is done also. He is to step down this afternoon. He has not picked a side yet between Obama and Hilary.

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
The KKK sure would be surprised to hear he isn't.

I really don't think his foreign policy is that naive man...
Really. You don't think that an isolationist foreign policy (not just pull out of Iraq, pull out of EVERYWHERE and basically act like a turtle retreating into its shell) is naive.

History has proven you wrong.

And "compromising" with the extremists and rogues is exactly why 9/11 happened. Because in the mindset of the Muslim / Arab extremists, we're were a weak, decadent nation that had no will to fight. Until we did.

UCFGavin

Feb 25, 2006
i can't believe people still believe in this isolationist BS. how are you an isolationist when you voted to go into afghanistan after the people who were responsible for 9/11....

Vyce

Light-skinned, with no Negro dialect.
Feb 11, 2006
Washington D.C.
i can't believe people still believe in this isolationist BS. how are you an isolationist when you voted to go into afghanistan after the people who were responsible for 9/11....
Take it to the Ron Paul thread.

TheDrip

I'm bi-winning.
Jan 9, 2006
Well, it's certainly shaping up to be McCain for the Republicans and who cares for the Democrats.

Enough with the primaries, bring on the election. I've got a 'goof factor' vote to cast.

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
ENOUGH WITH THE RON PAUL TROLLING. Every fucking thread doesn't have to be about Ron Paul. He's your idol. We get it.

He's got no shot at being elected. Get over it.
I was under the impression this was a political thread...

And I like your even handed "he has no shot at being elected" comment. My whole point is how the fuck would we know when no one's talking about it except his supporters who are labeled racist, naive idiots by the media?

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
I was under the impression this was a political thread...

And I like your even handed "he has no shot at being elected" comment. My whole point is how the fuck would we know when no one's talking about it except his supporters who are labeled racist, naive idiots by the media?
If the shoe fits....

BTW, my last post like this one is just that... a post. I'm not shutting down the thread or anything. But believe me, people are sick of hearing about Ron Paul in every thread. Aren't there enough Ron Paul threads?

BTW, if you haven't picked up on it yet - I made the comment about him having no shot (which he doesn't) because you left the door open and put up a sign pointing to it. I just chose to walk through.