McCartney likens divorce to "going through hell"

vegasbob

I wonder if Ant will talk about this tomorrow?

McCartney likens divorce to "going through hell"

Mon Oct 15, 2:29 PM ET

LONDON (Reuters) - Former Beatle Paul McCartney has likened his bitter divorce battle with Heather Mills to "going through hell" and said their daughter Beatrice and his music have helped him through the ordeal.

In an interview in Britain's Radio Times magazine that goes on sale on Tuesday, the 65-year-old also called Queen Elizabeth a "babe."

Asked if he regretted meeting and marrying Mills, 39, McCartney told the magazine: "Going through a divorce is a very painful thing. As Winston Churchill once said, 'If you're going through hell, keep going!'

"The only solution is to remain dignified. If I don't keep a silence about it, I lose this idea of being dignified. But I've a wonderful baby," he added, referring to the couple's child.

"She's a great joy to me, as are my elder children, so I'm a lucky man."

McCartney and Mills married in 2002 and announced their separation four years later. Their acrimonious divorce is expected to return to the courts in February after attempts last week to reach a private settlement failed.

British media have speculated that the pop legend, whose personal fortune is estimated at 825 million pounds, will have to pay between 20 million and 70 million pounds to Mills.

According to McCartney, music has also eased the pain of divorce.

"Music is a great healer," he said. "Music is the therapy for me. In fact, going through difficulties has only concentrated my desire to make good music."

Speaking about Britain's 81-year-old monarch, McCartney said: "I've got a lot of time for the Queen. She's fun, she's funny, she's amazing. The Queen's a babe!"

He said the Beatles considered reforming in 1976 when "phenomenal amounts of money" were being offered.

"But it just went round and round. There might be three of us thinking, 'You know, it might not be a bad idea', but the other one would go, 'Nah, I don't think so', and sort of veto it."

He explained he had no regrets about never reuniting with his Beatles bandmates, despite the long list of ageing rockers getting back together for lucrative tours.

"I'm actually glad of that now. Because the Beatles' work is a body of work. There's nothing to be ashamed of there. In the end we decided we should leave well enough alone.

"The potential disappointment of coming on and not being as good as the Beatles had been...that was a risk we shouldn't take."

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
It's My Birthday!
Should have taken her deep sea fishing...

kloraferm

Humor is reason gone mad
Boo fucking hoo. Loved the Beatles my whole life, but I have a bit of a hard time feeling bad for this knighted billionaire over this.

blackjacklily

The Black Cobra of WDT
See, now this whole paying out money thing really pisses me off. I was thinking about it the other day when Marc was on. If I'm the one leaving the marriage, why should my husband have to pay me to divorce him?!? I don't get it and I'll never get it. I completely agree with child support, but Alimony? There are circumstances where Alimony would be needed, like say if I didn't work and had no skills to work and my husband insisted I stay home, and then HE leaves ME, then yes, you should pay out. Or if for some reason I was physically unable to make money. But if I'm capable of working, there is no need for you to pay off.

But to drag it on for years and years........it's bullshit.

This is why I will always depend on myself for financial stability, and why I work full time and go to college full time so that if for some reason I did get divorced, I wouldn't have to rely on anybody.

McCartney's right. Divorce is hell.

It's much easier when the cunt keels over dead.

Hey_Asshole

Man, Beer, Wild
See, now this whole paying out money thing really pisses me off. I was thinking about it the other day when Marc was on. If I'm the one leaving the marriage, why should my husband have to pay me to divorce him?!? I don't get it and I'll never get it. I completely agree with child support, but Alimony? There are circumstances where Alimony would be needed, like say if I didn't work and had no skills to work and my husband insisted I stay home, and then HE leaves ME, then yes, you should pay out. Or if for some reason I was physically unable to make money. But if I'm capable of working, there is no need for you to pay off.

But to drag it on for years and years........it's bullshit.

This is why I will always depend on myself for financial stability, and why I work full time and go to college full time so that if for some reason I did get divorced, I wouldn't have to rely on anybody.
I'm gonna hold you to this babe, rest assured I have printed this out and and filled under "in case of divorce" ! :D

MelissaY1

Resident Star Fucker
I am one of the biggest Beatles fans you'll ever meet, have been my whole life. But everytime I hear about this whole thing I just get angry. He never had a proper prenup with Heather, the woman has a sordid past and is a gold digger. I'll never forget when they got married and PEOPLE magazine had them on the cover and you could practically see the dollar signs in her eyes.

And the worst thing they could've done was had that kid. Because not only is he going to have to pay some sort of child support money but he has to have contact and deal with that bitch so the poor kid can still have mommy and daddy involved...Paul Paul what did you do? :(

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Yep. Divorce certainly is hell. But McCartney really screwed up royally thinking that love would conquer all and he'd never get divorced.
I really thought he was too old and smart to act like a stupid hippy. Guess I was wrong.