OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

McCormick Mesquite Chicken Seasoning

Discussion in 'Wackbag's Mean Cusine' started by CougarHunter, Jun 2, 2013.

1. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

I was moving a friend of mine out of his house and back into his parent's home several months ago when he started cleaning out his cupboards. He was throwing pretty much all of his spices away, many were unopened but years old. I ran across a full bottle of this stuff, and having never heard of it before, thought I'd give it a shot. For the last couple months, I have pretty much used it all up because I like it so much. I am down the last quarter inch, and went looking for it at the store. They don't have it anymore apparently, and a cursory search of the internet only yielded this picture to even prove that it ever existed. Nothing found on the McCormick website either. Is this shit gone from the face of the earth, or has it been renamed something else?

[​IMG]

2. maz

maz TRueWDTer

3. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

I thought they banned that stuff after all those people got anal cancer and Geriatric Profanity Disorder.

TreeFortRichard likes this.
  4. mascan42

mascan42 Registered User

5. TreeFortRichard

Grill Mates line makes some nice seasonings...I use the montreal chicken and montreal steak seasonings and they are very good. Cougar you can check your ingredients list and see if it is the same as the grill mates mesquite...

However you will not find a finer spice mix in the land than McCormick Bayou Cajun Seasoning...It is THE FUCKING BEST...I have used this on nearly every meat I cook...and it's great. It's only sold in the 21oz size becaue it's meant for restaurants. One of the keys to it is that Salt is NOT the first ingredient. I can't stress enough how much that ruins a spice. I have never found a better cajun spice. Ingredients: garlic, spices, salt, onion, paprika, and red pepper.

[​IMG]

When I am cooking and using spices I have thought about what a culinary god you would be 2000 years ago if you had a spice rack...those people fought wars over pepper corns... I love fresh ground black pepper...Or would those people hate the spices because they never grew up with them..Like when you eat a foreign friends house and think it all smells like crap :)

6. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Ditto. That's why I make my own. I have 4 or 5 blends that I use for different things. Mexican, Cajun, fish, steak, and chicken. My Cajun has garlic, basil, thyme, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and salt. Helluva lot cheaper that way too.

TreeFortRichard likes this.
  7. TreeFortRichard

The problem with making your own is that ingredient called "Spices" which is hilarious..but nearly all mixed spices have an ingredient called "Spices"...how the heck is that allowed....It's like a paradox..

FDA Rules for food labels
    http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRSearch.cfm?fr=501.22

8. CougarHunter

CougarHunter Lying causes cat piss smell.

Thank ye laddies.