McDonald's dropping Fruit & Walnut Salad, Chicken Selects in U.S.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Somehow, this is going to help them better compete with Wendy's and Burger King...

McDonald's dropping Fruit & Walnut Salad, Chicken Selects in U.S.

(Reuters) - McDonald's Corp, under pressure from resurgent U.S. rivals, is cutting its Fruit & Walnut Salad and Chicken Selects from U.S. menus and weighing whether to keep its "premium" Angus burgers, a spokeswoman said on Friday.
The menu shake-up comes at a time when hamburger chains such as Burger King Worldwide Inc and Wendy's Co have been closing the gap with McDonald's.
"As always, we are constantly evolving our menu and listening to our customers to meet their changing needs," spokeswoman Danya Proud said in a statement.
The world's biggest hamburger chain for years held a huge lead against most competitors, but some of those chains now are luring away diners with fast-changing menus featuring tempting new food.
Burger King and Wendy's recently mimicked McDonald's by adding coffee drinks, smoothies and salads. Then, they used their smaller size to their advantage by introducing a barrage of limited-time and seasonal menus.
Because of its massive size, McDonald's has to test new food items rigorously. Smaller chains can simply pull food flops and move on.
McDonald's October global restaurant sales fell for the first time in nine years. The company recently warned that it expects sales and profit growth to be under pressure as diners spend cautiously due to a lackluster economic performance in most of its major markets.
McDonald's shares were down 0.2 percent in afternoon trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

Hog's Big Ben

Getting ass-***** in The Octagon, brother.
Donator
Jul 28, 2005
New York
Right, because offering fewer choices leads to more sales. I guess if nobody is buying that shit and it winds up wasted, that's another story.

Because of its massive size, McDonald's has to test new food items rigorously. Smaller chains can simply pull food flops and move on.

McDonald's can "simply pull food flops" and move on, too. I suppose Burger King didn't test their shitty new fries "rigorously" before foisting them on us. Who wrote this crap?

Now I want a fucking cheeseburger. Grr...

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Now I want a fucking cheeseburger. Grr...
Going to have BBQ Cheeseburgers tonight for dinner I think. Get some ground beef. Season it up. Grab some good cheese (swiss. maybe a jack cheese). Nice buns made this morning. Do it up good.

If I need a colonic, I'd go to McDicks. If I wanted a tasty goddamn burger, I'll make my own.

DR. Jimcy M.E.

I bring love and cheer.
Dec 12, 2007
I can't remember the last time I ate at a McDonald's. Are they still serving dogshit shaped into hamburger patties?

peewee

Aug 10, 2003
NY
Sounds like a profit margin thing. These items sound like their "better" quality products.

weeniewawa

it's a man, baby!!!
May 21, 2005
Hell,California
people not buying healthy and low calorie food at mac donalds?

what a shock

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
Only fast food jernts i eat chicken at are Popeyes and Chic Fil A. When in the Souf I'll hit up a Bojangles but KFC blows and everything else (McDonalds,Burger King, Wendy's) is probably 5% chicken and the rest pink slime coupled with lips and assholes seasoned with entrails.

Sinn Fein

Infidel and White Interloper
Wackbag Staff
Aug 29, 2002
Florida's Nature Coast
Only fast food jernts i eat chicken at are Popeyes and Chic Fil A. When in the Souf I'll hit up a Bojangles but KFC blows and everything else (McDonalds,Burger King, Wendy's) is probably 5% chicken and the rest pink slime coupled with lips and assholes seasoned with entrails.
I love me some Popeyes and Chick-Fil-A.

I actually stopped for lunch at Chick-Fil-A today and got to see firsthand the lingering effects of the whole boycott thing. The place had dual-lane drive-thru and the cars were wrapped all around the building. Every parking spot was full, and the lines were 5-deep at the counter inside.

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
McDonalds sucks ass. The fruit and walnut salad is about the only thing that I liked getting there.

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
If I wanted a fruit and walnut salad the last place I'd go is McDonalds.

Check that. The last place I'd go for food is a McDonalds.

Feb 5, 2003
With a stranger
So if they cut Chicken Selects from the menu will they also be cutting their crispy chicken Snack Wraps sinc ehtey're made with Chicken Selects?