McDonald's Worker, Claims Mega Millions Winning Ticket Was Not Paid For By Co-Workers

Dec 8, 2004
Maine

Mirlande Nelson
Following last week's Mega Millions buzz, the mood has shifted from excitement to fury over Maryland's unclaimed winning ticket.

Mirlande Wilson, an employee at a Maryland McDonald’s, claims she holds a winning ticket, which would make her one of three winners of Friday's record-high $640 million jackpot, reports the New York Post.

But Wilson's coworkers allege that her ticket was part of a lottery pool, and that she must share the wealth.

37-year-old Wilson told the New York Post that although she did take part in the pool, she bought the winning ticket on her own. Another person who took part in the pool refutes Wilson's claim and says Wilson was given additional money late Friday night to buy extra lottery tickets before the Mega Millions drawing.

Wilson has yet to claim her prize.

Three winners hailing from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland were drawn on Friday and will split the historic $656 million payout, notes ABC News. No winners have yet been identified.

If Wilson is indeed a winner, she'll be able to choose between receiving her prize in 26 yearly payments totaling $218.6 million or a one-time lump sum of $157.8 million.

Maryland lottery communications director, Carole Everett, told ABC News that there is no evidence that Wilson's story is true.

"There's nothing to substantiate anything," Everett told ABC. "It's probably not this person."

This isn't the first time an office Mega Millions pool has lead to mega mayhem.

Americo Lopes, a New Jersey resident and winner of a $38.5 million lottery jackpot, was sued by five co-workers who accused him of not sharing his earnings after the six men had pooled money to buy lottery tickets. Last month, a jury ordered Lopes to share his winnings with the five men.

Link

Guess she is trying to renege...

NuttyJim

Feb 18, 2006
News around Mer-Land is that the dumb cunt doesn't even have the winning ticket, that it's a hoax. Either way, she is a piece of shit.

Haeder

South Dakota
Mar 30, 2005
She has no winning ticket. But when the real Maryland winning ticket holder comes forth, she'll claim that they "stold-ed mah muhn-ee". Probably already has top notch legal counsel too.

Motor Head

HIGHWAY TRASH REMOVAL
Jan 23, 2006
Land of hicks and rubes.
Okay, there is something going on here. My scumbag detector just hit the red. She is doing something..

A. She has the winning ticket, and knowing that she is going to be sued she is shopping around for somebody she can trust that isn't related to her to come forward and claim the money....the only problem is she can't find anybody that won't fuck her.

B. She is claiming to be the winner to scam somebody out of some "front money". Trying to see how many people will loan her money based on her having the winning ticket. Gibs me $1000 today, and when my check come I gibs you $10,000.

No matter what she is up to, we all know it's no good.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Okay, there is something going on here. My scumbag detector just hit the red. She is doing something..

A. She has the winning ticket, and knowing that she is going to be sued she is shopping around for somebody she can trust that isn't related to her to come forward and claim the money....the only problem is she can't find anybody that won't fuck her.

B. She is claiming to be the winner to scam somebody out of some "front money". Trying to see how many people will loan her money based on her having the winning ticket. Gibs me $1000 today, and when my check come I gibs you $10,000.

No matter what she is up to, we all know it's no good.
Well she does have to be a business genius being 37 and working at McDonalds...

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
Hope she doesn't have the winning ticket and gets shived by her former co-workers, just because.

THRILLHO

Apr 5, 2009
Bothell, Wa.
Like any of the money will last anyway. How many of them will be broke in ten years?

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys

Damn man, did you see her picture? Who would?

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Mega mayhem? That is so stupid I kind of like it.

domelogic

Feb 16, 2005
Center Valley, Pa.
They know it is only a handful of people it could be. The ticket was sold at 7:15 the night of the lottery and they have the footage from the camera in the store. Maryland is a state where the winner doesnt have to reveal themselves. We might never know but then who gives a shit it wasnt me

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Is this upstanding citizen claiming she purchased her own ticket at the same time as the ones for McDonalds? If not, the winning ticket would have a different time (and perhaps date) stamp on it. Or if the winning ticket only had one drawing on it, while the McDonalds one had ten, that would also be proof. Basically it seems pretty easy to determine if the winning number was on her personal ticket, unless she purchased two tickets with the same number of drawings on it at the same time. Then she's probably guilty (again, assuming she has the winning ticket).

d0uche_n0zzle

**Negative_Creep**
Sep 15, 2004
F.U.B.A.R
It is a wig.

How to spot you are in a ghetto neighborhood: funeral homes, beauty shops, bodegas, store front churches are about the only 'business' not boarded up.

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Mirlande Wilson speaks out, says coworker bought her winning Maryland Mega Millions ticket

Mirlande Wilson, a single mother of seven and Haitian immigrant, said she won Maryland's share of the Mega Millions lottery with a ticket she bought with a dollar found on the floor at the McDonald's she works for in Milford Mill, Maryland.

BALTIMORE, MD -- Did she or didn't she win the lottery?

That's one of the many questions in an incident where a Maryland woman claims she won the Mega Millions lottery off her own ticket after participating in an office pool.

Mirlande Wilson, a single mother of seven and Haitian immigrant, said she won Maryland's share of the Mega Millions lottery with a ticket she bought with a dollar found on the floor at the McDonald's she works for in Milford Mill, Maryland.

According to the New York Post, Wilson plans to hold a press conference Wednesday to discuss her claims. She has also hired a lawyer.

"I'm so scared. I'm so shocked. I don't know what's going on," Wilson said.

Co-workers at the McDonald's told the New York Post newspaper they were in a pool with Wilson, and they might be winners too. But Wilson disagrees, and claims she has photocopies of the pool tickets, and they're are all losers.

"They give me the pool and everybody have a copy of the ticket," she said.

Instead, Wilson insists the winning ticket purchased at the 7-Eleven near her job is hers and hers alone -- and is in safe keeping. But she won't show it to the public.

But then things get confusing. She says a coworker bought the ticket for her.

"Yeah, he went to get it for me because I never usually go myself."

What is even more bizarre is Wilson has not presented herself to lottery officials yet.

Lottery officials said they cannot verify anything without a person with the winning ticket in hand.

"We get claims all the time of somebody who's won," said Maryland Lottery official Carole Everette. "It doesn't matter until they come in, show proof, show that ticket. That ticket has to be the real deal."

Wilson refused to show the winning ticket to reporters, saying it is hidden for safekeeping while she consults a lawyer for advice.

"I really don't know," Wilson said. "I don't know where all this come from. I don't know what's going on -- just too much for me."
Link

37... single mother of 7... eeeesh...

Dec 8, 2004
Maine
Mega Millions winner says ticket still hidden inside Baltimore McDonald’s

One of the three Mega Millions jackpot winners says her winning ticket remains stashed away inside the Baltimore McDonald's where she works. But some of Marlinde Wilson's co-workers think she is telling a Big Lie.

"I left my ticket there, and it's somewhere safe that only I know about," Wilson told the New York Post. "I'm waiting for things to calm down so I can go back to McDonald's and get it. The people [at McDonald's] are too excited. I want their heads to cool down before I go back."

Wilson claims to have purchased one of the three winning Mega Millions lottery tickets. The three winners will each receive a share of the record-breaking $640 million jackpot. If Wilson's story is true, that would mean a $105 million ticket (after taxes) is stashed away somewhere inside the fast food restaurant.

Wilson's co-workers appear to be split in their opinion of her but all who have spoken to the media seem to share some animosity toward the Haiti native. Some of Wilson's colleagues say she is attempting to cheat them out of what should be shared winnings from a pool of lotto tickets 14 of the McDonald's employees purchased together.

And Wilson's manager, identified only as "Layla" by the Post, says she thinks Wilson isn't telling the truth about hiding the ticket inside the McDonald's. "That's impossible. She didn't come back here" after she purchased the ticket, Layla said.

CBS News has also raised questions about whether or not Wilson actually purchased one of the three winning tickets. Mega Millions officials say they do not know who actually purchased the ticket. They have only been able to confirm that the winning ticket was in fact purchased at a Baltimore 7-Eleven just four hours before the winning numbers were announced.

The Post also raises some question's about Wilson's character, noting she has a Facebook page under the alias Sheila Paraison, on which she says she will donate her winnings to relief efforts in Haiti.
Link

Whoopsie doodle...

Hmmm she uses two names... wonder how many aliases she is using to get dem gubnet checks

Oh and http://www.facebook.com/sheila.paraison?sk=wall

Some of her wisdom...

[Big A's wife voice]It nutting to me yall calls the to my house my job why it supposed to be secret now I cannot laid in my bed in im gonna put in for donation we all lost

All my true friend know im not greedy a person i don't want da money it made my life a living hell already im gonna give it all to rebuild haiti yall can chase all want my life and, my children it more important for money

I, think my misery it ove thank u lord money can changes somebody
[/Big A's wife voice]

[yt]KSLS0WV-ojs[/yt]