Medication and firearms

CougarHunter

Lying causes cat piss smell.
Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
This is something that I sincerely know nothing about, so I'm hoping some of my fellow nuts can give me the low down.

I am considering seeking some short term pharmacological assistance with anxiety, stress, and depression, but won't do anything that would jeopardize my second amendment rights. If I am prescribed some sort of medication, would that federally bar further purchases of firearms?

The only thing I could find on it is about faggot new york nonsense.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
This is something that I sincerely know nothing about, so I'm hoping some of my fellow nuts can give me the low down.

I am considering seeking some short term pharmacological assistance with anxiety, stress, and depression, but won't do anything that would jeopardize my second amendment rights. If I am prescribed some sort of medication, would that federally bar further purchases of firearms?

A couple of years ago I would have told you it would be fine, but after NYC I have no fucking clue. I have issues with mild anxiety and shall not be seeking medication for exactly this reason. I wish I didn't even tell my doctor about it last year. That's the world these gun-grabbing cunts have put us in. Instead of seeking medication for very mild issues, they're now going to have gun owners who won't be seeking help with those issues because their 2nd Amendment right is in jeopardy.

Also with the NYC thing, there was absolutely no way anyone could have seen it coming. They retroactively looked at medical records, so even if you feel safe in your state now, in ten years they could look back and see you were prescribed Ativan or some shit in 2013.

I'm not trying to tell you not to get help with your issues, just saying your worries are valid. Right now the medication won't limit your ability to purchase firearms on a federal level, or in most areas of the country (as far as I know it only affected permits to conceal carry in NYC), and hopefully at some point SCOTUS will rule against what NYC did (as a violation of the 2nd Amendment and a patient's right to privacy). I would suggest trying all non-pharmaceutical means of addressing your issues first.

SatansCheerledr

Ideologically Unsound
Apr 6, 2005
I Will Pay Snakes To Bite You

No.

LiLJimmysHog

Professional negative prick
Dec 18, 2005
At this point in time I don't think there are any laws preventing your purchasing a gun. Just my two cents....If your depression and anxiety leads to anger issues or suicidal thoughts you probably shouldn't get a gun.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Under federal law currently you are only prohibited if a court of law has ruled you mentally incompetent.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
At this point in time I don't think there are any laws preventing your purchasing a gun. Just my two cents....If your depression and anxiety leads to anger issues or suicidal thoughts you probably shouldn't get a gun.
Are you kidding, that's EXACTLY when you need one!

Besides, I already checked, my 590 fits under my chin just fine :action-sm

CougarHunter

Mar 2, 2006
KC Metro
I've decided to just stop being a whiny faggot, so that seems to solve the problem.

I'll roll with that up to the point I stick a pistol in my mouth, anyway.

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
I've decided to just stop being a whiny faggot, so that seems to solve the problem.

I'll roll with that up to the point I stick a pistol in my mouth, anyway.
The positive attitude actually helps, believe it or not. So can a change of scenery or address. I had some issues with stress and depression when I lived in NC, but it's been pretty much non-existent since I relocated to Florida - even though I have had a lot of things happen that caused stress, it hasn't been able to drag me down.