Mel Karmazin politely introduces subscrition rate hike.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
Dear Valued Subscriber,

I would like to thank you for being a subscriber and for your continued support. As the Chief Executive Officer of SiriusXM, I spend much of my time focused on satellites, programming and employees, which are all very important, but nothing is more important to me than our subscribers. I understand that the primary reason you subscribe to SiriusXM is the unparalleled choice we offer, and since launching over a decade ago, we have continuously expanded the variety and quality of the programming we provide.

And the best is yet to come. We are building an exciting future that includes even more channels, greater diversity, exclusive subscriber benefits and more flexibility in the ways you can listen to SiriusXM.

I hope you understand that to continue bringing this unbeatable listening experience to our subscribers, there will be a modest rate increase of $1.00 to $1.54 per month — about 5 cents a day or less — on most SiriusXM audio packages. This increase will take effect on your next renewal date that occurs on or after January 1, 2012.

Because we know this increase comes during challenging economic times, we have provided some options below that you may want to consider, including several ways you could save:

— Keep what you have now, and your SiriusXM package will continue to offer you incredible value, with channels and channels of commercial-free music, plus sports, news, talk, entertainment and more — all in one place.

— If you're paying invoice fees, save $2.00 per billing cycle simply by changing to credit or debit card billing. It's far more convenient and a great way to save.

— Take advantage of our Annual Plan discounts, which are available on most SiriusXM packages and offer you better value because they include a month free (you pay for 11, you get 12). If you switch to an Annual Plan before January 1, 2012, you'll be billed at the current rates for your first year. Installment billing is available for most Annual Plans.

— Consider upgrading to our All Access package, which gives you all the channels available for your radio, plus access to SiriusXM programming on your computer, smartphone or other mobile device, for a great bundled price. It is our best value.

As we continue to add exciting new content and find more ways for you to enjoy our programming, we will work hard to control costs and create efficiencies to ensure SiriusXM continues to be the best value for your entertainment dollar.

On behalf of everyone at SiriusXM, thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Mel Karmazin
/fauxrage

:trollol:

Dicktator

I need a Vacation
Feb 11, 2006
Michigan
— If you're paying invoice fees, save $2.00 per billing cycle simply by changing to credit or debit card billing. It's far more convenient and a great way to save.

Yea, do this and try and cancel without more charges coming in for the next 6 months.

Fuck you Sirius/XM

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
I'm already paid through the end of O&A's current contract. They go, I go. They stay, I stay, regardless of the cost.

al885

May 1, 2003
>paying for siriusxm

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Nothing about sucking a dick a day for a dollar?

The Sarge

Guess who.
Jul 24, 2005
Germany.
Meh. I'll be saving the $30 a month after we move to Germany next year. I have the radio for the house, the car and online. May keep the online for the 3 years I'm in Europe. It works pretty well here in the middle east, so far.

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004
Sirius is an increasingly shitty product. I really dont understand why anyone would pay for this shit.
most everything they offer you could get elsewhere for cheaper at better quality.

Shitty old tech, shitty short playlists and less variety of music channels, annoying talkative DJ's, god awful online feed, poor customer support, raising prices, drop outs on receivers. Yeah i want to give that company money.

Oh man but then i wouldnt be able to listen to the nfl or NASCAR on the radio w/o this service. what a joke.

/fauxrage

:action-sm

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
Jan 25, 2007
Canada. Land of the Fat.
Sirius is an increasingly shitty product. I really dont understand why anyone would pay for this shit.
most everything they offer you could get elsewhere for cheaper at better quality.

Shitty old tech, shitty short playlists and less variety of music channels, annoying talkative DJ's, god awful online feed, poor customer support, raising prices, drop outs on receivers. Yeah i want to give that company money.

Oh man but then i wouldnt be able to listen to the nfl or NASCAR on the radio w/o this service. what a joke.

/fauxrage

Weird. I've never once been charged for listening to the show since they came to XM. All the way through the takeover, to the present day. Not a bill, not a dollar given to Mel, nothing. That's kind of fucked up. I should have been charged right?

Oh well.

Hoffman

Guess who's back? Hoffman's back
Sep 28, 2006
Northern VA

/fauxrage

Personally, I pay for it because I can afford it.

#onepercent

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004

#onepercent
Yeah, having a job is awesome. We're like, the only two here that have one, right?

okterrificsk2

Oct 26, 2004

#onepercent

Cool. You can swing 15$ a month good life imo.

But id rather not pay for an increasingly god awful service, selection, quality when i can get it elsewhere with better quality and variety. Kind of the same reason why i switched from cablevision to verizon fios. Why put up with shit when i can get better quality elsewhere?

Its a god awful service that has no business still being around. but do enjoy.

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Where were you during the Secret Show to the Future? Haven't seen you around in a while.
The Hurricane fucked up his power. We got the story in the RFLT.

fletcher

Darkness always says hello.
Donator
Feb 20, 2006
jersey
His power was out THIS LONG? Holy shit...
Not power, cable was out. I was with you guys in spirit. I keep meaning to start a thread in the FU forum bashing stupid Comcast but I just want to forget the whole situation at this point.

Neon

ネオン
Donator
Mar 23, 2008
Kingdom of Charis
Not power, cable was out. I was with you guys in spirit. I keep meaning to start a thread in the FU forum bashing stupid Comcast but I just want to forget the whole situation at this point.
Welcome back, then. Check out SSTTF2 on Ustream. Totally worth it.

phillyfranko

Jun 1, 2010
south of philly
yeah comcast BLOWS ...wait i have comcast...they stink and i dont like them...I just renewed for 2 more years at home...and 3 months ( I Think) in my truck...got the premium service for all the sports...in one week on the road i called in to Ron n Ped ...Mojo Nixons Nascar show... and College sports show...great when traveling. The siri/xm rep never told me what i was getting for premium service...do i get internet feed too ? shitty company... If the boys go...I go...

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
I have one radio and the online premium. THE INSTANT that I get a faster phone, I will probably cancel my radio and just pay the online/app only listening. I only have XM for O&A, and of course, when they go, I go.

FatassTitePants

Redundant Uninteresting and Redundant
Nov 17, 2005
Lunatic, PA
yeah comcast BLOWS ...wait i have comcast...they stink and i dont like them...I just renewed for 2 more years at home...and 3 months ( I Think) in my truck...got the premium service for all the sports...in one week on the road i called in to Ron n Ped ...Mojo Nixons Nascar show... and College sports show...great when traveling. The siri/xm rep never told me what i was getting for premium service...do i get internet feed too ? shitty company... If the boys go...I go...
...Wow

Jun 15, 2006
Long Island
He forgot the other way to save, call up cancel and see what discount they offer you to stay.