OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Men Cleared In Online Prostitution Case, Experts Say Laws Out Of Date

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by stevethrower, Aug 20, 2012.

1. stevethrower

stevethrower Got Sig?

Link

2. BIV

BIV I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.

Why is prostitution illegal again?

3. lajikal

lajikal Registered User

Ugh. Mind your own fuckin business.

4. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Because a bunch of hypocrites made a law against it.

5. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

Because Jesus and children.

6. Stormrider666

Stormrider666 Hell is home.

Because this country has sand in its vagina when it comes to sex.

7. Hack Hawk Down

"With 89 percent of the population religious and 62 percent highly so, the United States is the most religious nation in the industrialized world, according to an international survey.

The survey found that 85 percent of Americans believe in God and life after death, 80 percent pray regularly, and 75 percent attend religious services or visit a place of worship, with half going at least once a week.

In contrast, 48 percent of Britons, 46 percent of Frenchmen and 28 percent of Germans and Austrians are non-religious. Among European nations, only strongly Catholic Poland and Italy are as religious as the United States. Globally, American religiosity ranks between that of Europe’s industrialized countries and that of developing countries such as Brazil, Guatemala and Nigeria.

American religiosity is also unique in its vitality among all age groups, according to the survey. Eighty-nine percent of Americans 18- to 29-year-olds are religious or highly religious, and levels of belief remain high among older cohorts: 89 percent of those in their 30s, 88 percent of those in their 40s, 93 percent of those in their 50s and 90 percent of those 60 and older are religious or highly religious.

In Europe, in contrast, religiosity declines from one generation to the next.

Religious convictions also play a significant role in Americans’ political views, according to the survey. Seventy-six percent of American Protestants, including evangelicals, charismatics and Pentecostals, and 65 percent of Catholics say that their religious beliefs moderately or substantially affect their political views.

In Europe, only 27 percent of respondents report that religion plays a role in their political decisions, and just 12 percent say they are strongly influenced in this regard by their religious convictions."

We are too smart to let this shit go on forever.

8. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

The original settlers landed here and the founding fathers formed this nation while fleeing religious persecution. What do you have against the founding fathers?

And would it kill you to include a link with all the copypasta you post? It would be appreciated.

9. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

Too smart to allow people to practice their religion? I assume you're atheist, which means you represent 6% of the population, yet feel you're the voice of reason against 89% of the population, regardless of the fact that you can not, and will never be able to, disprove the existence of a god. So essentially you're here advocating that society ceases a very popular practice of believing in a higher power, without any evidence at all to justify that position.

I hate legislation passed with religion as justification, and think that the moral right is the largest problem with the GOP today... but I equally hate people who sit there and claim they have the philosophical answer to our existence. At least religions (especially Western ones) have the decency to call themselves a "faith". The unique thing about being an atheist is that they have the most number of people (about 5 billion on this planet) that disagree with their views, yet are so obnoxiously and annoyingly confident in them.

10. Hack Hawk Down

I shouldn't have to "disprove" the existence of a made-up entity. Believers should have to "prove" its existence. You don't prove innocence, you prove guilt. You can't "disprove" the existence of a sasquatch...you the people who believe it exists must prove it.

The only proof you guys have is scripture. Which is not scientific evidence.

11. Hack Hawk Down

Nothing. They were fleeing religious bullshit, and people today, particularly those on the religious right are practicing it.

12. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

I think those numbers are bullshit. I live in the Bible Belt and of all the people I know, almost none of them go to church. Most of the religious people I know are live and let live type people. (Most of them don't go to church either.) Then again, I live in the shadow of a major metropolitan area. Things are a bit different here.

13. whiskeyguy

whiskeyguy PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.

See, you cannot claim with certainty that it's made up unless you can prove it. The vast majority of religious people in America say they "believe" in a god... phrasing it that way because they realize they can never prove it as fact, supposedly by design. Yet you have the equal amount of concrete evidence (none) that a god doesn't exist, yet state that as a fact. At least the religious people are smart enough to understand this difference.

Should have to prove to who? You? Your neighbor should have to show you concrete proof that God exists to be able to worship him in their own home? Holy fuck dude, fascist much? Again, it's ironic because you can't show one ounce of proof to contradict their beliefs. You do realize that the entire basis of religion is that it requires a leap of faith?

This is where you really show your ignorance. Every single fucking time someone disagrees with you, they're labeled as "you guys". I defend religion and now I'm religious... regardless of the fact that I am very agnostic leaning towards atheist. Don argues with you on some point and you equate him to people in a hate group who carry out acts of violence against other races. You lack the ability to separate issues and contemplate any level of depth to a person. The second they disagree with you, they become "one of them".

I'm not gay nor do I smoke weed, but I guess I have to start hitting the pipe and blowing dudes, because I defend legalizing marijuana and the right of gays to get married. I guess that automatically makes me "one of them".