Meningitis Question....

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
My Coworker's girlfriend was admitteded to the ICU after having Seizures...the Hospital thinks it is Meningitis and the highly contagious kind...I have had minimal exposure to her, seen her once or twice, but I work not only with her boyfriend but his siblings, who, if it is the case of Meningitis, I think I might have been exposed....
...I know that they give kids a meningitis shot here, but I have never had one...I have looked and cannot find the vector of transmission.
Anyone know where I can Find better info on it????? Kinda freaking out!
(Yes I know, GOOD LUCK BRO!)

thelord68

There's always time for lubricant
Feb 24, 2003
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Here's the WebMD link:

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/meningitis-topic-overview

Meningitis is contagious. The germs that cause it can be passed from one person to another through coughing and sneezing and through close contact.
Scanning through the info, you may want to find out about getting the antibiotic Cipro - used as a preventative for people who may have been exposed. If you do contract the bacterial form, then they give IV antibiotics for 1 to 3 weeks. The viral form of meningitis is less severe and clears up after a few weeks on its own.

Hudson

Supreme Champion!!!!!
Donator
Jan 14, 2002
Land of misfit toys
Here's the WebMD link:

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/meningitis-topic-overview

Scanning through the info, you may want to find out about getting the antibiotic Cipro - used as a preventative for people who may have been exposed. If you do contract the bacterial form, then they give IV antibiotics for 1 to 3 weeks. The viral form of meningitis is less severe and clears up after a few weeks on its own.
Had Viral as a kid but website doesn't say if that means if I am immune...

Balogny Tits

It's not that were better, were just less worse
May 26, 2005
Canada
Why would you ask such a serious question on Wackbag (no offence to wackbaggers). Go see a doctor stupid.

Balogny Tits

It's not that were better, were just less worse
May 26, 2005
Canada
Why would you ask such a serious question on Wackbag (no offence to wackbaggers). Go see a doctor stupid.
Or maybe you cannot afford one....ahhh, I love this universal health care in Canada...I could just walk to the ER now and somebody would see me for free....ahhh

Jul 13, 2006
Arkansas
I have had minimal exposure to her, seen her once or twice, but I work not only with her boyfriend but his siblings, who, if it is the case of Meningitis, I think I might have been exposed....
Oh no :( That's not good. You're going to die. Good luck bro:action-sm

If it worries you then go see your local doc.