Metal fans, What are you listening to?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
After wanting to forever, I finally got around to checking out Mastodon by way of Crack the Skye. It's a fucking amazing album and I can't wait to listen to their other albums.

goat999

town drunk
Sep 30, 2006
Springfield, IL
After wanting to forever, I finally got around to checking out Mastodon by way of Crack the Skye. It's a fucking amazing album and I can't wait to listen to their other albums.
They're all good to great. Once More Round the Sun is where it's at.

Foggy

I'm wasting my life here
Donator
Dec 18, 2012
Straya cunt
They're all good to great. Once More Round the Sun is where it's at.
I'd say listen to Blood Mountain and Leviathan, and then promptly stop. I didn't care for anything else, but hey that's just me. CTS is definitely their best.

Stig

Making America So Great You Won't Believe It.
Jul 26, 2005
NH

Apr 30, 2011
CLT
Some Mastodon less obvious favorites:

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
A friend gave me most of Mastodon's discography off his external hard drive. The only LP I'm missing is The Hunter.

goat999

town drunk
Sep 30, 2006
Springfield, IL
A friend gave me most of Mastodon's discography off his external hard drive. The only LP I'm missing is The Hunter.
There's a ton of live shit with quality audio on YT, too. Definitely worth checking out. Brann Dailor is a monster on drums.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Finished Lifesblood, and I'm noticing a consistent pattern of awesome. Moving on to Cold Dark Place.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Finished Cold Dark Place. Still no real weak songs yet. The weakest song I've heard from Mastodon so far relatively speaking is "Toe to Toe", and it's still a pretty alright song.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Went through Emperor of Sand this morning before work. Awesome streak still unbroken.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I listened through Once More 'Round the Sun and Blood Mountain tonight. They were both far more post-hardcore-y than I was expecting. I like post-hardcore, though, so that's definitely not a bad thing.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Since, I've been on a big stoner doom metal kick lately, I decided to check out Sleep on Tuesday (yes, I've been trying to make this post since then), and I got really into them very quickly. They're now one of my favorite bands. I've bought everything they have available for download on Amazon. I'm currently listening to "Marijuanaut's Theme", my favorite song on their surprise new album, The Sciences, which is amazing.

DiggerNick

Donator
Oct 9, 2012
Your sister's underwear drawer
Since, I've been on a big stoner doom metal kick lately, I decided to check out Sleep on Tuesday (yes, I've been trying to make this post since then), and I got really into them very quickly. They're now one of my favorite bands. I've bought everything they have available for download on Amazon. I'm currently listening to "Marijuanaut's Theme", my favorite song on their surprise new album, The Sciences, which is amazing.

Josh Homme should just stop fucking around and reform Kyuss.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Josh Homme should just stop fucking around and reform Kyuss.
I still have some exploring to do with Kyuss, but I like what I've heard so far. (I just bought Welcome to Sky Valley this afternoon, actually.) I'm also getting into Electric Wizard.

goat999

town drunk
Sep 30, 2006
Springfield, IL

Sleep got me thinking about High On Fire, which I haven't listened to in way too long. My neighbors and I thank you.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have another new favorite band: Goya. They pitch themselves as being a mix of Sleep, Electric Wizard, and Black Sabbath. Naturally, this appealed to me very much, so I bought a few of their albums (Obelisk, Doomed Planet, and Harvester of Bongloads) and, man, they lived up to that description, and then some.

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I'm just finishing up listening through some Stoned Jesus albums for the first time. Fucking great band.