• OMG!!! GDPR!! GDPR!!! GDP f***ing R!!!!!!!!!!!111111one!

Bla, Bla, Bla, updated privacy policy, because "we care about you! "

ಠ_ಠ

If you even give a shit, our privacy policy is here.

Pro-tip: If you have a reasonable, and transparent policy from Day 1, then you don't have to run around like an asshole!

Metal Gear Solid V:The Phantom Pain. - Sept 1, 2015

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Looks like some old friends decided to show up in the trailer.
Gameplay video
So I guess they change the title from the retarded sounding ground zeroes to MGSV.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I jumped when I saw Ocelot! YES!
Btw; worst kept secret in video game history. I applaud Kojima for trying to make some "intrigue" early on but they revealed too much in the "Moby Dick Studios" trailer. Gimme a fucking break! We can clearly see MGS characters in it, and the main guy has a beard and is crawling on the floor! Derp.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
'Ground Zeroes' is the prologue portion of Metal Gear Solid 5

by JC Fletcher
on Mar 27th 2013 5:00PM

In typical Kojima fashion, Metal Gear Solid 5 was shown off, separately, as three different things: Ground Zeroes, an open-world game about a rescue mission; The Phantom Pain, about a recovering amputee under attack, and finally, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. In a tweet (or, technically, a Twitlonger post) following the panel, Hideo Kojima cleared up the relationship between all these seemingly different properties.

"'Ground Zeroes' is a prologue of MGSV," Kojima said. "9 years after that event will be 'The Phantom Pain.'" Metal Gear Solid 5 comprises these two parts, much like Metal Gear Solid 2 opened with the Tanker chapter, then moved onto the Plant portion starring Raiden. "The game play demo I presented today is the opening of [The Phantom Pain] which is tutorial that starts from crawling."

Wow, what is this feeling? Is it ... understanding a Metal Gear game?

Sep 10, 2005
Staten Island, NY
I hope David Hayter is the voice of Naked Snake, I heard he wasn't asked yet to be a part of this one. That's an atrocity! How can you have Snake running around without his iconic voice. I still haven't beat Rising yet.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I hope David Hayter is the voice of Naked Snake, I heard he wasn't asked yet to be a part of this one. That's an atrocity! How can you have Snake running around without his iconic voice. I still haven't beat Rising yet.
But if he's supposed to be older, they can get away with an older actor's voice, right? Also, the "end" is supposed to be a reboot of the original MGS games (Arcade and PSOne). You'd bring Hayter back for those!

Hate & Discontent

Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?
Aug 22, 2005
Yeah, The Phantom Pain was the worst kept secret ever.

I am SO in for this, especially since it's coming out on 360. I'll be picking up a PS3 for the Last of Us, so I'll probably get it for whichever platform seems more solid with the game.

jnoble

Lingering longer for a longering linger
Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I'm years late with this, but finally got around to playing and beating MG3. It wasn't as hard as it was made out to be. Also, I found a cool way to get around having to fight The End...just reset the system date to a week ahead, restart the game, and he's dead of old age.

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I'm years late with this, but finally got around to playing and beating MG3. It wasn't as hard as it was made out to be. Also, I found a cool way to get around having to fight The End...just reset the system date to a week ahead, restart the game, and he's dead of old age.
There's 3 ways to beat The End.
One is to do it the way you're supposed to (use the night vision goggles to track his footprints - he's usually at the top of the mountain).
The second is to cheat (like you just did).
The 3rd comes earlier in the game; when you make it though the swamp with those hover-scooter things shooting at you. Instead of going though the cut in the rocks that leads to the scene where Sokolov pees himself; go LEFT to a different cut in the rocks. Beat the two or three guards in the side area and find the sniper rifle in the storage room. Equip and go back where you came from. NOW go to the cut directly in front of you; after the cut scene, quick equip your sniper and shoot The End before he can be carted off. Do this quickly, you only have a few seconds. Then IMMEDIATELY dodge, because his flaming wheelchair will come flying at you. When you eventually get to the part where you were supposed to fight him, you'll fight GRU soldiers instead (much easier to beat).

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
There's 3 ways to beat The End.
One is to do it the way you're supposed to (use the night vision goggles to track his footprints - he's usually at the top of the mountain).
The second is to cheat (like you just did).
The 3rd comes earlier in the game; when you make it though the swamp with those hover-scooter things shooting at you. Instead of going though the cut in the rocks that leads to the scene where Sokolov pees himself; go LEFT to a different cut in the rocks. Beat the two or three guards in the side area and find the sniper rifle in the storage room. Equip and go back where you came from. NOW go to the cut directly in front of you; after the cut scene, quick equip your sniper and shoot The End before he can be carted off. Do this quickly, you only have a few seconds. Then IMMEDIATELY dodge, because his flaming wheelchair will come flying at you. When you eventually get to the part where you were supposed to fight him, you'll fight GRU soldiers instead (much easier to beat).
The early kill also counts as a lethal, so it'll ruin a kill free run. My favorite was always the stamina kill on him, as the tranq dart rifle fucking ruled in that game for stealth runs.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

jnoble

Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
The early kill also counts as a lethal, so it'll ruin a kill free run. My favorite was always the stamina kill on him, as the tranq dart rifle fucking ruled in that game for stealth runs.

I'm not nearly patient or good enough to beat any of the MG games on the hard or extreme levels and/or not having to kill anyone or get spotted. Almost seems impossible to do, especially MG3

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
Getting The End's camouflage was on of the toughest and most rewarding things I have ever done in a video game. That boss fight is probably in the top ten most fun boss fights of all time for me.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
I'm not nearly patient or good enough to beat any of the MG games on the hard or extreme levels and/or not having to kill anyone or get spotted. Almost seems impossible to do, especially MG3
I think the best I ever did in MGS3 was about 10 people killed. I think only had 1 or 2 bodies when I got to The Sorrow.

jnoble

Dec 4, 2005
New Jersey
I think the best I ever did in MGS3 was about 10 people killed. I think only had 1 or 2 bodies when I got to The Sorrow.
I initially TRY to be sneaky and not be spotted but that usually fails pretty quickly and suddenly I'm one-man-army-Rambo'ing it with a machine gun while the bodies pile up.

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
I initially TRY to be sneaky and not be spotted but that usually fails pretty quickly and suddenly I'm one-man-army-Rambo'ing it with a machine gun while the bodies pile up.
At least for me, the only way to really pull off the sneaky sneaky stuff is on the third or later playthrough, and using New Game + to your benefit. You really have to know the patrol patterns, weapon caches, and hiding spots, plus have all the good non-lethal weapons at your disposal.

Frankie_b

Talk softly and drive a big tank!
Aug 31, 2009
Scotland
VIDEO GAMES: Kiefer Sutherland To Play Snake In METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN
"Previously on 24..." has been parodied numerous times and made Kiefer Sutherland's voice one of the most recognisable in Hollywood. Well, Konami have today announced that the actor will both play and voice the iconic Snake character in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.
Follow Josh:

By Josh Wilding - 6/6/2013
Since it was revealed in March that David Hayter would not be reprising the role of Snake, the internet has been abuzz with speculation about who should replace him as the voice of the iconic video game character. Well, in their pre-E3 conference earlier today, Konami has confirmed that 24 and Touch star Kiefer Sutherland will take over the role in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. "I wanted Snake to have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words," Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima told reporters. "Furthermore, the game takes place in 1984 when Snake is 49 years old. Therefore, we needed someone who could genuinely convey both the facial and vocal qualities of a man in his late 40s. It's different from anything we've done before." As for how Sutherland feels to be taking on the role, he said: "It's an honor to be able to play this character. This character has an unbelievable legacy. There's a real personal quality to the character that I've connected to. I'm not a gamer, and I even knew about this game. I was certainly keenly aware of the legacy of these games, the unbelievable success of these games." What do you guys think?

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I don't think he's not an "upgrade" but a great casting decision none the less. Especially since they've put a premium on the voice/mocap acting at the same time. It made a big difference in The Avengers.

Psychopath

Plata O Plomo
Dec 28, 2008
hell
What is the metal thing jammed in big boss's skull?

chumpy

No hopes of repair
Donator
Apr 14, 2004
Just outside NYC
I've never played any MG game. Is there a grand storyline I won't understand If I start with 3?

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
I've never played any MG game. Is there a grand storyline I won't understand If I start with 3?
Start with 3 (it's a prequel)
Then play Peace Walker (if you have a PSP or bought the HD version for PS3)
Then play 1 & 2
Then play 4 (if you have a PS3)

stellarcomics

Jul 25, 2005
Kojima announced on twitter that they are uploading an extended directors cut trailer on Wednesday. I guess that the dumb fast forwarding will be in real time.
Real time has it's disadvantages unless there's shit to do on the trip. The 1st Assassin's Creed had horse riding in damn near real time. Almost killed the game for me.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
That looks phenomenal, though I laughed when Snake's rifle clipped into his leg.

The real time stuff looks phenomenal. Though grueling at times I'm sure it'll be heaven for the folks who like to sneak around in games.

I'm guessing 5 takes place after 2 but before 4?

Hate & Discontent

Aug 22, 2005
That looks phenomenal, though I laughed when Snake's rifle clipped into his leg.

The real time stuff looks phenomenal. Though grueling at times I'm sure it'll be heaven for the folks who like to sneak around in games.

I'm guessing 5 takes place after 2 but before 4?

Nope, between Peace Walker and MG1. That's Big Boss, not Liquid Snake.

Top Bottom