Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i'll take a look before i go to bed tonight
thanks

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
It says to face west before dawn on the 14th. Who is this dawn and why does she insist we face her in the west? What's wrong with east? Or north? Or south?

Sorry, I'm being stoopider than usual. There's absolutely nothing doing at the office tonight & I'm bored out of my mind

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
It says to face west before dawn on the 14th. Who is this dawn and why does she insist we face her in the west? What's wrong with east? Or north? Or south?
It's finally time to put her in the home.

Come on, we knew this day would come folks

Budyzir

There's nothing quite like a shorn scrotum.
Nov 12, 2004
Queens, NY

Sorry, I'm being stoopider than usual. There's absolutely nothing doing at the office tonight & I'm bored out of my mind
Kris, to answer your inquiry, by facing west you avoid light pollution from the rising sun on the eastern horizon, thereby allowing yourself an increased time frame for observation. But all this is for naught for our skies are to be overcast subsequently negating any observational opportunities. :D

Ballbuster1

In The Danger Zone...
Wackbag Staff
Aug 26, 2002
Your house, behind the couch
Kris, to answer your inquiry, by facing west you avoid light pollution from the rising sun on the eastern horizon, thereby allowing yourself an increased time frame for observation. But all this is for naught for our skies are to be overcast subsequently negating any observational opportunities. :D
[CSK]Not only that but it's raining and I can't see nuttin.[CSK]

Jun 2, 2005
Dallas
You use big words and that scares me

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
*fingers crossed for mutant powers*

Fruit Monkey

Don't stare at it eat it! P-1 In trainning
Oct 4, 2004
Intransit
i'll be headinbg to work at that time i'll remember to look up,, yea ok!

THE FEZ MAN

as a matter of fact i dont have 5$
Aug 23, 2002
i think i caught one last night

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
Yeah, it's still raining or something here in lovely Websberry (as the MS13 guys in the 'hood insist on pronouncing it). Even if weren't though, before dawn my head will be facing west as that is the direction my bed faces but that's about it. This ol' girl needs her beauty sleep ;)

Voss's Tumor said:
It's finally time to put her in the home.

Come on, we knew this day would come folks
just try to put me in the home ... I may be old but I if I can do over $600 damage by kicking the quarter panel of a shit box car, imagine the damage I could do to you. Yeah, that's right, you'll be singing soprano for quite some time Mistah :action-sm

HummerTuesdays

Another girrrrl!!!
Apr 24, 2005
On the road to ruin
In addition, the Earth rotates/heads in that direction, thus then that part of the atmosphere hits the asteroids first, resulting in more meteors in that portion of the sky.

Not only did we get no f'n accumulation from the storm, now I can't view the meteor shower tonight. I'm not a fan of Mother Nature at the moment.

DrumCorpsAlum

is an asshole
Apr 14, 2007
Camden, SC
Saw one. Curled up in the backyard with a cat on my belly. Outside in shorts too. Yay for heat wave in the Southeast.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
here in southeast pa
it's clear up above right now
but kinda cloudy to the west
i'll see if it clears up later

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
i see Orion
and a planet to the east of Orions right hand
where the fuck is gemini
east or west of Orion ?

Kris_LTRMa

LoseTheRadio.net's Ma
Nov 17, 2006
right where I wanna be
i see Orion
and a planet to the east of Orions right hand
where the fuck is gemini
east or west of Orion ?
I used the google on the internets & according to this site, Gemini is northwest of Orion's left shoulder which is a bright red star called Betelgeuse (12th brightest star in the sky).

Done with edumacation tonight...it's given me a headache.

maz

TRueWDTer
Feb 16, 2005
abu dhabi,pa.
thanks Sweetie
i think i see it
gonna wait till it drops to the west a little
hurts my neck lookin' straight up

at least i saw THE RED PLANET
with the naked eye

maz

TRueWDTer