Metro Exodus

Discoman

Donator
The third game in the Metro Series to and the first to feature several mini 'open worlds'.
This all the footage released so far and it looks like the Metro series meets Far Cry.

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
I'm really into this. The first two didn't, quite, grab me but this one looks great.

BIV

Seems to be getting pretty good reviews.

BIV

I'm curious. I'm not sure I want to play it more than New Dawn or to dive into any sizable game before Anthem next week. (God I hope they have the glitches fixed)

Yesterdays Hero

She's better than you, Smirkalicious.
I'm really into this. The first two didn't, quite, grab me but this one looks great.
First two were dull. I'm unsure if trying this one will be any different. Seemed a very 'paint by numbers' game.

BIV

Yesterdays Hero

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
It's really a problem. Same old beginning of the year deluge of games that are worth your time. Even worse if you've multiple sandbox games.
Im not touching anything EA makes so that narrows it down a bit. Metro Exodus seems to have lots of sandbox parts, separated by some on rails (pun!) stuff.

I can’t wait to try out some ray tracing tech anyway.

Yesterdays Hero

Im not touching anything EA makes so that narrows it down a bit. Metro Exodus seems to have lots of sandbox parts, separated by some on rails (pun!) stuff.

I can’t wait to try out some ray tracing tech anyway.
Pretty sure we can all revel in them laying off 8% of their staff, and Blizzard having nothing coming out in 2019. That ship is in serious goddam trouble. Fuck EA.

Discoman

Donator
I liked the first two games, even when the original was euro-jank. I'll wait till it is back on Steam or GOG.

BIV

Pretty sure we can all revel in them laying off 8% of their staff, and Blizzard having nothing coming out in 2019. That ship is in serious goddam trouble. Fuck EA.
That's Activision, not EA.

Discoman

Donator
EA had poor showings last quarter too due to Battlefield V. Though if Apex Legends continues to drum up attention it could bounce them back.

BIV

EA had poor showings last quarter too due to Battlefield V. Though if Apex Legends continues to drum up attention it could bounce them back.
Unfortunately, EA never has to worry about profits. They much so much fucking money from FIFA and NBA that everything else is just frosting.

I believe both 2017's and last year's NBA games were in the top ten digital purchases list last year.

Yesterdays Hero

The Bf5 debacle is the same shit soup, just one bowl over. That fucking trailer neutered that series.

Even before that, EA took an easy premise game in Dead Space that had nothing but potential, and instead look at what we got.

Both EA and Activision had gaming in the palm of their hands, and instead just wiped their assets with it. Hope they both flatline. Bethesda is heading down that route too.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Looks quite well received so far, day one bugs aside.

Guilty Spark

It's freeing and refreshing
If Apex Legends is the Fortnite killer (who knows, but it is a better game) then EA has nothing to worry about.

BIV

If Apex Legends is the Fortnite killer (who knows, but it is a better game) then EA has nothing to worry about.
EA can go screw, but I'm happy for Respawn. They deserved a win after Titanfall 2 was sent out to die....despite, arguably, being the best shooter of the generation. It was certainly the best one of 2016 or since.

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
Okay I may be biased cuz I’m playing with all eye candy on but Metro looks stunning. Great game so far. Quite immersive.

BIV

I'm hearing this is boring as Hell.

so, what are the concerns over credit cards having extra charges, being put on them, from this company?

Mags

A.K.A. Chad
Donator
so, what are the concerns over credit cards having extra charges, being put on them, from this company?
None here.

There are LOTS of butthurt Steam users who are mad the game went exclusive to the Epic store and was yanked from Steam 2 weeks before release. Although it’s dying out due to the game being fairly well received, they are still butthurt and writing mean things on the internets.

That said I’m almost st the end of the first chapter and it’s lots of fun.

Last edited:
Games good. Almost want to skip past dialog scenes. They went further from the 1st book then Metro 2035 did, but not bad so far.