Mets/Phillies Race - Let the Hate Flow

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
Thought I'd start this to hopefully avoid the Phils fans invading the Mets thread and vice versa. While this rivalry is nowhere near as intense as Red Sox/Yankees, for whatever reason the hate here at Wackbag is as bad as it gets where these two teams are concerned.

So here's the scenario:

Mets are ice cold. Their bullpen is in shambles, their starting rotation isn't much better. Only Moises Alou is putting in any kind of an effort. Willie Randolph is so poor, and so black as the Mets manager that he should be fired at this point even if they do make it into the playoffs.

Phillies are red hot. Their awful starting pitching has been adequate. Their even crappier bullpen has stepped up. Their trio of MVP candidates has continued to dominate, with assists from unlikely heroes like Shane Victorino and Pat Burrell. They're even making Charlie Manuel look smart right now.

Both teams are playing impossibly bad teams who are playing impossibly well right now. Both teams are at home. The Mets are currently choking, while the Phillies have a long, storied history of big-time chokes.

Right now it looks like everything is going the Phils' way. The biggest question right now is whether more hate will be directed at the Mets from Phillies fans or Mets fans.

I'm going to try to believe in the Mets, so let me start this by listing a few reasons the Phillies are the biggest embarrassment in the game:

Mike Schmidt - Hated his entire career by his own fans, hated by all men after crying like a girl when he retired.

Ryan Howard - Anyone else noticed this fat, sucky knitter strikes out 40% of the time? Hopefully you will this weekend.

The Phillie Phanatic - It's not really cool to have a mascot that looks just like your manager

That awful ballpark - The only thing that could make it worse is if they had a Rotunda named in honor of a player that never played a game for them, but who would be stupid enough to - oh wait.:icon_redf

Let the hate flow, but no personal attacks, meatspin, etc.

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
At least it's the Phillies and not the Braves. If the Mets fail to make it, I think I can actually get behind the Phils

MJMANDALAY

Jan 26, 2005
Fuckem both
Its all about the
Y
A
N
K
E
E
S

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
There is a such thing as mets fans? i thought they all became Yankees fans again....

Jimmy's Dignity

Pound my bloody fudge!!
Staff member
Wackbag Staff
May 27, 2005
Phoenixville
There is a such thing as mets fans? i thought they all became Yankees fans again....
that's okay, they were Red Sox fans after 2004, then White Sox in '05, and some of them even went Cardinals in '06 :icon_roll

flyerfan116

Fuckin savages
Apr 14, 2005
NJ
I'm going to try to believe in the Mets, so let me start this by listing a few reasons the Phillies are the biggest embarrassment in the game:

Mike Schmidt - Hated his entire career by his own fans, hated by all men after crying like a girl when he retired.

Ryan Howard - Anyone else noticed this fat, sucky knitter strikes out 40% of the time? Hopefully you will this weekend.
If these are the reasons the phils are an embarrassment i'll tkae it..hall of famer and league MVP yeah they are embarasing allright "whaa"

if you want embarrassing may i just state the names Doc Gooden and Daryl Strawberry :fu4:

oh and i am a lifelong Phillies fan and even i will admit NO ONE could make Charlie Manuel look smart..the team wins in spite of him not because of him.

Redding

Why can't us?
Mar 20, 2005
Bristol, PA
If these are the reasons the phils are an embarrassment i'll tkae it..hall of famer and league MVP yeah they are embarasing allright "whaa"

if you want embarrassing may i just state the names Doc Gooden and Daryl Strawberry :fu4:

oh and i am a lifelong Phillies fan and even i will admit NO ONE could make Charlie Manuel look smart..the team wins in spite of him not because of him.
are you howard eskin?

Aug 5, 2004
whatever, the Mets dont deserve to make the playoffs the way they have been playing.

I only blame the Mets for blowing the whole fucking shooting match. If the Phillies can limp their way in then God Bless them.

Edit: But whatever happens.. The Yankees still suck Nagger Cock

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
[YT]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyrwNNCqkvA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yyrwNNCqkvA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YT]
nice. a map of canada.

here's the video he's trying to show us

[yt]yyrwNNCqkvA[/yt]

Pigdango

Silence, you mortal Fuck!
Donator
Jun 22, 2004
How the fuck do you post youtube videos? I suck so bad I should be pitching the 8th inning for the Mets tonight. Thanks for the assist, anyway...

CM Mark

The East is Ours!
Apr 13, 2005
Pretty Pretty Unicorn
How the fuck do you post youtube videos? I suck so bad I should be pitching the 8th inning for the Mets tonight. Thanks for the assist, anyway...
if the url for the video is youtube.com/view=12345, then you do this, without the spaces [ yt ] 12345 [ /yt ]

everything after the = in the [ yt ] brackets

mikeybot

SPANAKOPITA!!!
Jul 25, 2005
philly
Baseball is honestly the 3rd sport I pay attention to and it is a distant 3rd to Football and Hockey(not sure of that order), so I definitely don't get into the bashing much. That's usually directed towards the Phillies.
I'm still thinking that a 3 way tie for the division is possible.
I won't buy into the Phillies until they're actually into the playoffs. I've seen too many blowing it on the last day of the season.

Friday

Fezzing Out
May 1, 2007
elsewhere
Let's kick Mr Met's ass!!

**hiding pain with horrible humor** :(

MilkmanDan

Uncontrollable Urge
Jan 13, 2003
Philly
Brett Myers should treat every Mets fan like his wife.