OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Meytal Cohen. I LOVES YOU

Discussion in 'Music' started by Fustercluck, Aug 10, 2011.

1. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Registered User

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;67rslfF-QQU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rslfF-QQU[/video]

I came around 2:50 of this one

[video=youtube;N3JLdSbeB_U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3JLdSbeB_U[/video]

2. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

I have friends in common with this chick. Alt community in Israel is pretty small. I knew the name sounded familiar. Probably met her at some party and I just don't remember.

She's bad ass.

3. fletcher

fletcher Darkness always says hello.
    Donator

She totally skips some fills in Parabola, but she is cute and she can play Tool songs. Id marry her.

4. H.G. Manifold

H.G. Manifold Registered User

I had this feeling i recognized her and then realized she was in my all time favorite cover.

5. fletcher

Donator

Nice call, HG. I have seen both Meytal's video and the SoaD cover at totally separate times and never made the connection.

6. Fustercluck

Fustercluck Registered User

I've been watching all her videos on youtube for the last hour or so, I'm turned on and jealous at the same time.

7. Trippy

Trippy GO TEAM PESTS!!

8. fletcher

Donator

New video of her covering Lateralus by Tool. Not the best of her videos but then again that song is just fucking bananas to cover on drums.

[video=youtube;K84ymNFuu6U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K84ymNFuu6U&feature=digest_sat[/video]

9. Nick the Pig

Nick the Pig Scraping a dull comment across your tender eyeball

I'm hard as a rock but something about it just doesn't feel right. Watching somebody that conventionally pretty playing Tool songs feels like watching Dave Navarro cover Leadbelly songs with his shirt off. I just can't help but feel like, 'Hey those songs aren't for you'. They're our songs, we need them. We never got invited to the party so we sat around smoking pot and listening to Tool. That was our consolation prize for being kicked out of your world and you don't get to come in after the party and take it from us.

That's how I feel anyway, I know I can't justify it. Anyone has the right to listen to whatever music they like but it just feels wrong to me.

10. fletcher

Donator

I had a similar feeling a few years ago when I saw tool at the Meadowlands. I had GA tickets for the closer to the stage of 2 pit areas and thought it would be a fucking awesome experience. I was dumbfounded at how many meathead jock types were moshing with their shirts off and all sorts of testosterone flowing from the start of the show. Totally annoyed the fuck out of me. That being said, I got no problem with Meytal covering any tool song, she is awesome.