the Streif

¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
Donator
Aug 25, 2002
In a hot tub having a snow ball fight.
Michigan ban on considering race in college admissions struck down

July 1st, 2011
04:31 PM ET

A divided federal appeals court has struck down Michigan's ban on consideration of race and gender in college admissions.
The issue is likely to renew the national political and legal debate over affirmative action, which the Supreme Court could be poised to resolve in coming months.
The 6th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals on Friday concluded in a 2-1 ruling that the voter-approved ban on "preferential treatment" at state colleges and universities was unconstitutional, and "alters Michigan's political structure by impermissibly burdening racial minorities."
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/0...ering-race-in-college-admissions-struck-down/

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
Because NOT dividing people into groups by race, gender, ethnicity, and economic class is discriminatory, duh!
Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution:
1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
I guess making things equal for everyone is a violation of "equal protection of the laws".

WhiteHonkyDevil

El hombre de los moleculos!
Dec 8, 2004
Detroit, MI
This shit again? I went to a Ward Connerly town hall style speech at U of M about 12 years ago. It was the MOST ridiculous thing I'd ever seen in my life. A bunch of little entitled rich white kids calling Connerly an "Uncle Tom", and even one miserable cunt telling him that his "sob story upbringing" was irrelevant. The only thing worse was a skinny white goth girl that literally screamed at him for somewhere around 3 minutes. Nobody told her how to use a microphone, so all we could make out of the incomprehensible garble was "YOU, MR CONNERLY!!!!!!!" at the start of what we all thought was a new sentence.

Fuck these fucking assholes. He was trying to make the same argument that everyone around here does. Preferential treatment and racism, by definition, are the exact same thing. Of course it fell on the deaf ears of the enlightened college students. In a crowded to capacity building, three of the attendees were black. Guess which side they were on? Surprisingly, the "don't talk down to me, I got here on my own academic merit" crowd. The irony was that when the appointed one of the group got to speak, and agreed with Connerly, he was shouted down and booed by the rich white kids, accused of being "a plant".

Fucking ridiculous.

CousinDave

Dec 11, 2007
Ohio
Because NOT dividing people into groups by race, gender, ethnicity, and economic class is discriminatory, duh! I guess making things equal for everyone is a violation of "equal protection of the laws".

What about young people?

Josh_R

Jan 29, 2005
Akron, Ohio
This shit again? I went to a Ward Connerly town hall style speech at U of M about 12 years ago. It was the MOST ridiculous thing I'd ever seen in my life. A bunch of little entitled rich white kids calling Connerly an "Uncle Tom", and even one miserable cunt telling him that his "sob story upbringing" was irrelevant. The only thing worse was a skinny white goth girl that literally screamed at him for somewhere around 3 minutes. Nobody told her how to use a microphone, so all we could make out of the incomprehensible garble was "YOU, MR CONNERLY!!!!!!!" at the start of what we all thought was a new sentence.

Fuck these fucking assholes. He was trying to make the same argument that everyone around here does. Preferential treatment and racism, by definition, are the exact same thing. Of course it fell on the deaf ears of the enlightened college students. In a crowded to capacity building, three of the attendees were black. Guess which side they were on? Surprisingly, the "don't talk down to me, I got here on my own academic merit" crowd. The irony was that when the appointed one of the group got to speak, and agreed with Connerly, he was shouted down and booed by the rich white kids, accused of being "a plant".

Fucking ridiculous.
Stossel just did a piece on him and showed video of a bunch of sissy white kids shouting him off the stage. I fucking hate self-loathing white liberals.
(Not the Ward Connerly clip)
[video=youtube;4i62EYhtUho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i62EYhtUho[/video]

LiddyRules

I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy
Jun 1, 2005
Stossel just did a piece on him and showed video of a bunch of sissy white kids shouting him off the stage. I fucking hate self-loathing white liberals.
(Not the Ward Connerly clip)
[video=youtube;4i62EYhtUho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i62EYhtUho[/video]
As someone whose primary character trait is self loathing, I take offense to you applying that term to them.

Don the Radio Guy

G-Bb-A-D
Donator
Mar 30, 2006
Wyoming
Racism is ok to these people when they can use it to get something for nothing. Hopefully the Supreme Court puts and end to this nonsense, but it's all going to come down to Kennedy's whims.