OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Michigan ban on considering race in college admissions struck down

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by the Streif, Jul 1, 2011.

1. the Streif

the Streif ¡¡¡¡sıʞunɹɹɹɹɹɹɹℲ
    Donator

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/07/0...ering-race-in-college-admissions-struck-down/

2. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Because NOT dividing people into groups by race, gender, ethnicity, and economic class is discriminatory, duh!
    I guess making things equal for everyone is a violation of "equal protection of the laws".

3. WhiteHonkyDevil

WhiteHonkyDevil El hombre de los moleculos!

This shit again? I went to a Ward Connerly town hall style speech at U of M about 12 years ago. It was the MOST ridiculous thing I'd ever seen in my life. A bunch of little entitled rich white kids calling Connerly an "Uncle Tom", and even one miserable cunt telling him that his "sob story upbringing" was irrelevant. The only thing worse was a skinny white goth girl that literally screamed at him for somewhere around 3 minutes. Nobody told her how to use a microphone, so all we could make out of the incomprehensible garble was "YOU, MR CONNERLY!!!!!!!" at the start of what we all thought was a new sentence.

Fuck these fucking assholes. He was trying to make the same argument that everyone around here does. Preferential treatment and racism, by definition, are the exact same thing. Of course it fell on the deaf ears of the enlightened college students. In a crowded to capacity building, three of the attendees were black. Guess which side they were on? Surprisingly, the "don't talk down to me, I got here on my own academic merit" crowd. The irony was that when the appointed one of the group got to speak, and agreed with Connerly, he was shouted down and booed by the rich white kids, accused of being "a plant".

Fucking ridiculous.

4. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

What about young people?

5. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Stossel just did a piece on him and showed video of a bunch of sissy white kids shouting him off the stage. I fucking hate self-loathing white liberals.
    (Not the Ward Connerly clip)
    [video=youtube;4i62EYhtUho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i62EYhtUho[/video]

6. LiddyRules

LiddyRules I'm Gonna Be The Bestest Pilot In The Whole Galaxy

As someone whose primary character trait is self loathing, I take offense to you applying that term to them.

7. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

haha. Well, I'm white and I hate that they are too, if that helps.

8. Don the Radio Guy

Donator

Racism is ok to these people when they can use it to get something for nothing. Hopefully the Supreme Court puts and end to this nonsense, but it's all going to come down to Kennedy's whims.