Microsoft Expressions

sbrainb

Go suck a bag of dicks.
Jul 27, 2007
New York City
Anyone use this shit to build websites? Work has charged me with building an internal website for our department and they gave me MS Expressions as an editor. I've never used it before, but apparently it's the successor to Front Page. The computer I'm working on is pretty decent -- good processor and lots of RAM, but this program is fucking SLOW. Sometimes it stalls when I'm trying to save files and the files are pretty basic, so it shouldn't take so long. I've built sites before, but never had this kind of trouble. Then again, it could be the network drive I'm working off of...

Teddy

Nov 20, 2005
Here
its most likely the network drive try working on it locally and see if that makes it faster

Mags

LDAR, bitch.
Donator
Oct 22, 2004
Ill Repute
Anyone use this shit to build websites? Work has charged me with building an internal website for our department and they gave me MS Expressions as an editor. I've never used it before, but apparently it's the successor to Front Page. The computer I'm working on is pretty decent -- good processor and lots of RAM, but this program is fucking SLOW. Sometimes it stalls when I'm trying to save files and the files are pretty basic, so it shouldn't take so long. I've built sites before, but never had this kind of trouble. Then again, it could be the network drive I'm working off of...
It's probably constantly checking to see if you paid for the software.

That's what MS does...treats the paying customer like a thief. Sort of like the RIAA

Arc Lite

As big as your Imagination...
Apr 25, 2005
SW Missouri
I use Expression Web and like it. Not saying it's better than anything else out there. But it works great for me and I like it a lot. Not having your performance issues though. You really shouldn't be having those problems. I use it on my basic laptop all the time.

Definitely work local though. That should make a huge difference.

dodisman

Feb 20, 2005
new Dreamweaver is pretty sick...they took the best of GoLive and merged it into Dreamweaver...well worth downloading the torrent :rolleyes: