OpieRadio Logo
Compound Media Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Middle Eastern Religious Fanatics Demand Strict Gender Segregation & Modest Dress

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Party Rooster, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Party Rooster

Party Rooster Unleash The Beast

Not those religious fanatics...:icon_cool

2. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Of course the BBC would flip this on its head. The truth is that Israel in its entirety pretty much shit a collective brick about these ultra orthodox and their separation. There's a gigantic scandal about it going on right now, but the bottom line is that the backlash is WAY stronger than the push itself, with giant secular protests against this shit. In fact, today an ultra orthodox Jew was fucking arrested for telling a woman to get to the back of the bus and calling her a slut. See examples here, here, here, etc.

But I wouldn't want those pesky facts to get in the way of the BBC trying to say: "SEE?! Teh other religionz is badz too!!!"

3. Josh_R

Josh_R Registered User

Gatekeeper!!!!!!

:action-sm

4. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

The BBC would never say that. They'd say something much smarmier.

5. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

In all seriousness, though - There's been a ton of this stuff going on forever, but it was always pretty confined to areas that only ultra orthodox people lived in anyway, so there wasn't much outrage, but recently things just boiled over. These ultra orthodox Jews are called "the Taliban" in the press and shit.

They would phrase it smarmier, but the message would be exactly that.

6. CousinDave

CousinDave Registered User

Ah our Amish are doing stuff like this too

http://abcnews.go.com/US/amish-men-charged-fbi-probe-beard-cutting/story?id=15017592
    [​IMG]

7. Party Rooster

[​IMG]

Just look at that kite.

[​IMG]

I SAID "KITE!" :icon_cool

8. Lord Zero

Lord Zero Viciously Silly

9. Party Rooster

Stay classy orthodoxers...

10. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

How about all those victims the 'Yids' :rap:d. 85+ busted with no names mentioned in the press.

11. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

These fuckers aren't making any friends. This is the top story in Israel today, and to say that there is outrage would be a massive understatement. And for once, the outrage is justified. Fuck those cocksuckers, especially those that use their children to make such a retarded statement.

12. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

They do? Quick, let's establish diplomatic relations and send them billions in aid. Then we can organize a protest against the evil Israeli police denying them the right to act according to their cultural heritage.

Fuck the Arafat scarf, I'm wearing a black hat from now on, to celebrate different cultures and views. End the occupation, let the crazy Jews forcefully segregate their women in peace.

P.S. Now. I almost forget to mention that I want this done right away.

13. Party Rooster

I fucking loathe people that use their kids as political props.

The problem isn't so much the orthodoxers wanting to observe their own cultural practices, it's that they're trying to impose it on everyone else. I hear the Amish want to go into Philly and make all the men grow their beards out and the women wear full length dresses.

14. Neon

Neon ネオン
    Donator

Right. There is something called the Status Quo agreement, which has been unofficial Israeli policy since the 50's, which basically set certain religious restrictions in Israeli law. It has been loosening up in certain areas and tightening up in others, and the secular pushback has recently boiled over. There is also a lot of resentment because the ultra orthodox don't really serve in the army, and collect a lot of government handouts (allowances for families with a lot of children, for example), and not paying a lot of taxes, since a lot of them sorta live off the handouts so they can study the Torah all day. Unfortunately, since they vote like Zombies, they have pretty solid political power, because they all vote for one of two parties (depending on Ashkenazi or Sephardic streams). However, they really aren't a majority, so it was just a question of when the secular public would unite to push back, and it's looking like they are.

15. Creasy Bear

Creasy Bear gorgeousness and gorgeousity made flesh
    Donator

Man... those Orthodox Jews are really terrified of the pussy, aren't they?

16. Norm Stansfield

Norm Stansfield 私は亀が好きだ。

Sounds like you're not looking at both sides of the issue here. What gives you the right to decide who's right and who's wrong?

17. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

That's why they fuck through sheets. Also, adds a little mystery when you're a molesting everything in sight.

18. Party Rooster

I just think people should be able to dress as they wish. I guess you approve of them forcing their children to dress up like Auschwitz prisoners. Fucking fascist. :action-sm