Military instructor suspended over Islam course

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Doomed. Pc military, Yay!!!

WASHINGTON | Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:58am EDT
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The instructor of a college course that taught top military officers the United States was at war with Islam has been relieved of teaching duties and the course ordered redesigned to reflect U.S. policy, a military spokesman said on Wednesday.

The elective course at the National Defense University's Joint Forces Staff College included a slide that asserted "the United States is at war with Islam and we ought to just recognize that we are war with Islam," Pentagon officials said in April as they launched a review of the course.

Colonel David Lapan, a spokesman for the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said on Wednesday a review of the course found that "institutional failures and in oversight and judgment" led to the course being modified over time in a way "that portrayed Islam almost entirely in a negative way."

"The inquiry recommends the course be redesigned to include aspects of U.S. policy and reduce its reliance on external instruction," Lapan said in a statement. It also recommended improving oversight of course curricula.

"The elective course's military instructor has been relieved of his instructor duties until his permanent change of station, which was previously planned for 2012," Lapan said.

The inquiry also recommended a review of actions by two civilian employees of the staff college to see if disciplinary action was warranted. A second military officer will receive administrative counseling, Lapan said.

General Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs, ordered the review of the course on Islam and military education in general after a soldier complained about the content of the course entitled "Perspectives on Islam and Islamite Radicalism" at the Joint Forces Staff College in Norfolk, Virginia.

Navy Captain John Kirby, a Pentagon spokesman, said in April that Defense Secretary Leon Panetta was deeply concerned about some of the materials being taught in the course, such as the slide suggesting the United States was at war with Islam.

"That's not at all what we believe to be the case. We're at war against terrorism, specifically al Qaeda, who has a warped view of the Islamic faith," Kirby said.

Discovery of the course material embarrassed the military at a time when U.S. officials were trying to mend U.S. ties with the Muslim world following a spate of incidents in Afghanistan, including the burning of copies of the Koran and pictures showing U.S. soldiers posing with corpses of Afghans. (Reporting by David Alexander; Editing by Vicki Allen)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
"That's not at all what we believe to be the case. We're at war against terrorism, specifically al Qaeda, who has a warped view of the Islamic faith," Kirby said.
No, you fucktard, they don't. That is where the terrorists are correct. They ARE the true followers of Islam. Our peace loving, American style Muslims are the ones not following the Koran. Unlike the Bible, which is gobblygook that can be interpreted a million ways, the Koran is very clear. The profit's most recent writings supersede the earlier ones and the further you get into the Koran the more violent it gets. If you follow Islam and don't want unbelievers dead, you are not a good Muslim.

I can't believe in the year 2012 we are still so fucking backwards that we can't recognize that religion is a fucking problem. Islam is just the most obvious example. It's just sad that the only people that seem to be able to admit that Islam is a problem is religious idiots of a different stripe.

Norm Stansfield

私は亀が好きだ。
Mar 17, 2009
Yeah, teaching military officers to wage war on a religion is a very obvious violation of the First Amendment. We're not at war with Islam, we're at war with militant Islam: the part of Islam which is actively engaged in forceful proselytizing.

(though I'm sure that would also get the fella' fired, given our current leadership.)

No, you fucktard, they don't. That is where the terrorists are correct. They ARE the true followers of Islam. Our peace loving, American style Muslims are the ones not following the Koran. Unlike the Bible, which is gobblygook that can be interpreted a million ways, the Koran is very clear.
Really? You don't think the Bible is very clear on homosexuals for instance? What about the Ten Commandments? Do those seem unclear to you? What about the Catholic Church's rules on abortion? What's unclear about those?

Lord Zero

Viciously Silly
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I can't believe in the year 2012 we are still so fucking backwards that we can't recognize that religion is a fucking problem.
Religion isn't a problem; people are. If religion disappeared tomorrow, we'd start wars over something else and would find new excuses for former religiously-condoned prejudices, most likely in the form of pseudo-science. Religion doesn't spontaneously turn people into assholes.

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Yeah, teaching military officers to wage war on a religion is a very obvious violation of the First Amendment. We're not at war with Islam, we're at war with militant Islam: the part of Islam which is actively engaged in forceful proselytizing.

(though I'm sure that would also get the fella' fired, given our current leadership.)

Really? You don't think the Bible is very clear on homosexuals for instance? What about the Ten Commandments? Do those seem unclear to you? What about the Catholic Church's rules on abortion? What's unclear about those?
The old testament is pretty hard core, but jeebus freaks like to "interpret" the new testament to mean whatever they want. Biv called it perfectly.

nikoloslvy

I wear my sunglasses at night...Anyone want fries?
Donator
May 5, 2003
No, you fucktard, they don't. That is where the terrorists are correct. They ARE the true followers of Islam. Our peace loving, American style Muslims are the ones not following the Koran. Unlike the Bible, which is gobblygook that can be interpreted a million ways, the Koran is very clear. The profit's most recent writings supersede the earlier ones and the further you get into the Koran the more violent it gets. If you follow Islam and don't want unbelievers dead, you are not a good Muslim.
a critically important principle of Quranic interpretation known as "abrogation." The principle of abrogation -- al-naskh wa al-mansukh (the abrogating and the abrogated) -- directs that verses revealed later in Muhammad's career "abrogate" -- i.e., cancel and replace -- earlier ones whose instructions they may contradict. Thus, passages revealed later in Muhammad's career, in Medina, overrule passages revealed earlier, in Mecca. The Quran itself lays out the principle of abrogation:
2:106. Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We {Allah} abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allah is able to do all things?​
It seems that 2:106 was revealed in response to skepticism directed at Muhammad that Allah's revelations were not entirely consistent over time.

different translations of surah 2:106(they all mean the same thing.just showing im not full of poo.)

http://www.qurantoday.com/BaqSec13.htm

Verse 2:106
Yusuf Ali:
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that God Hath power over all things?
Zohurul Hoque:
Whatever of a message We abrogate, or We cause it to be forgotten, We bring one better than that, or the like of it. Do you not know that Allah indeed is the Possessor of power over all things?
T. J. Irving:
We do not cancel any verse nor let it be forgotten instead We bring something better than it or else something similar. Do you not know that God is Capable of everything?
T.U. Hilali-M. Khan:
Whatever a Verse (revelation) do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring a better one or similar to it. Know you not that Allâh is able to do all things?
M. Pickthall:
Nothing of our revelation (even a single verse) do we abrogate or cause be forgotten, but we bring (in place) one better or the like thereof. Knowest thou not that Allah is Able to do all things ?
M.H. Shakir:
Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?
9:5, commonly referred to as the "Verse of the Sword", revealed toward the end of Muhammad's life:

9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

Having been revealed later in Muhammad?s life than 50:45, 109, and 2:256, the Verse of the Sword abrogates their peaceful injunctions in accordance with 2:106. Sura 8, revealed shortly before Sura 9, reveals a similar theme:

8:39. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.

8:67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but Allah desires (for you) the Hereafter. And Allah is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

9:29. Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

9:33. It is He {Allah} Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).

The Quran's commandments to Muslims to wage war in the name of Allah against non-Muslims are unmistakable. They are, furthermore, absolutely authoritative as they were revealed late in the Prophet's career and so cancel and replace earlier instructions to act peaceably. Without knowledge of the principle of abrogation, Westerners will continue to misread the Quran and misdiagnose Islam as a "religion of peace."
Hmmm...

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
Dumbass instructor is dumb. At least he didn't get fired fired for it.
I guess in the pc moderated faggot world you live in it is a dumb thing to do.

Then what book are they reading? "whaa"
This just highlights your lack of comprehension skills and others of your ilk. (i.e. following as in practicing, versus reading and understanding)

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
I guess in the pc moderated faggot world you live in it is a dumb thing to do.

This just highlights your lack of comprehension skills and others of your ilk. (i.e. following as in practicing, versus reading and understanding)
You seriously think having a military guy teaching we're at war with Islam is a good thing? You're an idiot with zero concept of comprehension and understanding of the big picture here.

Falldog

Wackbag's Best Conservative
Donator
May 16, 2007
Nothern VA
I haven't seen this thread in awhile.

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
You seriously think having a military guy teaching we're at war with Islam is a good thing? You're an idiot with zero concept of comprehension and understanding of the big picture here.
It's the best thing that could happen to deal with this never-ending concept of 'war on terror'. Let's address the situation as up front as possible.

What, playing nice and ensuring we don't offend potential people trying to blow your ass up. Phoney baloney if you ask me. What do these terrorist guys have in common? Hmm. can't figure it out can you?
http://m.fbi.gov/index.html#http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

nikoloslvy

Donator
May 5, 2003
What is al-nāsikh wal-mansūkh/لناسخ والمنسوخl?

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Anybody really think Islam didn't declare war on everybody else first?

nikoloslvy

Donator
May 5, 2003
[video=youtube;onQMXkp_8mE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQMXkp_8mE[/video]

nikoloslvy

Donator
May 5, 2003
@17:10

[video=youtube;q_qKawTaM5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_qKawTaM5A&feature=player_detailpage#t=1036s[/video]

Party Rooster

Unleash The Beast
Apr 27, 2005
The Inland Empire State
It's the best thing that could happen to deal with this never-ending concept of 'war on terror'. Let's address the situation as up front as possible.

What, playing nice and ensuring we don't offend potential people trying to blow your ass up. Phoney baloney if you ask me. What do these terrorist guys have in common? Hmm. can't figure it out can you?
http://m.fbi.gov/index.html#http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/wanted_terrorists

Cunt Smasher

Caligula Jr.
Aug 26, 2005
Some would make the case you have to be at least partially an asshole to be religious in the first place.

nikoloslvy

Donator
May 5, 2003
Was working on a dirty street fight of a campaign....of course we were called Nazies from day 1...I dunno how you call the Jewish Zionist candidate whose dad died fighting zeh Germans on the eastern front for the Soviets a nazi but I guess if he's a Republican its ok..Went to recount an the courts..Won by 4 votes...note the 29:10 mark where i had to grab dummy..

[video=youtube;1c5NJt8R_is]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5NJt8R_is[/video]

Where am I...is this the birthday thread?