Millennials

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown

What's the deal with Millennials?

Do you have any that work for you? How do you deal with these things? Why do they require constant attention and praise? We have a generation of pussies.....

So I'll start, I have a few working for me, luckily in a geographically separated office from mine, but I travel with them regularly, they work on my projects etc. I've gotten to know them a bit, I don't understand them, but I feel like we have things in common with work. So one guy put his resignation in last week, his wife got a better job so they are moving.....I have worked with the guy for two years, had several meals with him, we have bantered back and forth talking crap etc. so he puts his notice in and as a joke I sent him an email

Quitters never win and Winners never quit

He went Millennial on me, gut a case of butthurt and reported it to HR as a "Passive Aggressive Attack" WTF?

HR lady called me and was basically like, yeah I have to say something, but don't worry we all think it's BS

What is with these fucking kids?

MayrMeninoCrash

Liberal Psycopath
Dec 9, 2004
Silverdale, WA
I've got the dichotomy working for me. About half are the "bust your butt, need to prove myself" types and the other half are the "delicate wallflower, need my safe space" crew. I treat them both the same but I tend to give the better assignments and more responsibility to the former kind.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
Reported.

This millennials thread is highly offensive and triggering to millennials.

Please refer to the following threads to learn how to avoid offending others:

Cyberbullying on Wackbag

We Demand Wackbag Become a Safe Space!
I hate you for the fact that neither of these threads you linked went to meatspin. You faggot.

(yes, I'm aware that I just called someone a faggot for NOT linking to meatspin. What can I say, it's wackbag.)

BIV

I'm Biv Dick Black, the Over Poster.
Apr 22, 2002
Seattle
...are cunts

lajikal

Aug 6, 2009
In his defense, that's a douchey saying.

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking
Luckily my current and last job involved manual labor and not being a whiney bitch to last there. Millenials don't like jobs they might get yucky at.

Stig

Wackbag's New Favorite Heel
Jul 26, 2005
NH
When is JoeyDVDZ going to get that safe space open?

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
In his defense, that's a douchey saying.
See......that's the point, it was so obviously douchey any idiot should know it was a lame joke

Am I the only one dealing with these assholes?

So another example, I travel quite a bit, and various people work on my projects on trips.....when I hire someone I specifically ask "do you understand that travel is required" and "do you have a valid passport" and I make sure there is no mistakthing it, we travel for our work, it's a requirement.

My fist trip doing this type of work was for 3 1/2 months to England, stayed in a hotel and worked there for that amount of time.

Another "walked uphill in the snow both ways to school" example, I went to Alaska for a week, from there to Hawaii for a week, from there to Norhtern Japan for a week, to Okinawa for a week. Home for 3 days then Germany for two weeks and Belgium for a week. Then back home finally....these are extreme examples, for the most part anymore we travel Monday and come home late Wednesday or Thrusday...

So I'm scheduling travel and I ask everyone to give me blackout dates, birthdays, vacations, whatever....ok, after this we ought to have everyone's availability. I start scheduling trips and it's like I murdered someone's mother......I can't go that week, I would have to put my dog in a kennel.....I can't go that week, my wife's mom can't come to help her watch the baby (one baby)......I traveled last month, is it going to be like this every month?.....my kids preschool has a program that week.....we are getting chickens, I can't go for a couple of months.....

goat999

town drunk
Sep 30, 2006
Springfield, IL
See......that's the point, it was so obviously douchey any idiot should know it was a lame joke

So another example, I travel quite a bit, and various people work on my projects on trips.....when I hire someone I specifically ask "do you understand that travel is required" and "do you have a valid passport" and I make sure there is no mistakthing it, we travel for our work, it's a requirement.

My fist trip doing this type of work was for 3 1/2 months to England, stayed in a hotel and worked there for that amount of time.

Another "walked uphill in the snow both ways to school" example, I went to Alaska for a week, from there to Hawaii for a week, from there to Norhtern Japan for a week, to Okinawa for a week. Home for 3 days then Germany for two weeks and Belgium for a week. Then back home finally....these are extreme examples, for the most part anymore we travel Monday and come home late Wednesday or Thrusday...

So I'm scheduling travel and I ask everyone to give me blackout dates, birthdays, vacations, whatever....ok, after this we ought to have everyone's availability. I start scheduling trips and it's like I murdered someone's mother......I can't go that week, I would have to put my dog in a kennel.....I can't go that week, my wife's mom can't come to help her watch the baby (one baby)......I traveled last month, is it going to be like this every month?.....my kids preschool has a program that week.....we are getting chickens, I can't go for a couple of months.....
I promise I'm going to read your post tomorrow.

SKEPTIC

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
May 12, 2007
1060 W. Addison St., Chicago, Illinois, 60613
I hate you for the fact that neither of these threads you linked went to meatspin. You faggot.

(yes, I'm aware that I just called someone a faggot for NOT linking to meatspin. What can I say, it's wackbag.)
Have you ever considered Herr Joey that "opening the safe" is a metaphor for your "coming out of the closet" and addressing your latent homosexuality . . .

Wrecktum

Tounge puncher of fart boxes
Jun 29, 2006
Cervix spelunking

People in general just fucking suck.

whiskeyguy

PR representative for Drunk Whiskeyguy.
Donator
Jan 12, 2010
Northern California
Just fucking show up on time. Let's start with that and then work on the other stuff. Holy shit, I hate firing people, it weighs on my soul, yet these kids don't give you any choice. I've had to fire probably 20 people this year, and that's after violating company policy by excusing too many attendance violations. I'm a despicable, booze soaked piece of shit and have only been late or missed work without a call 3-4 times in my life... If I'm lecturing you about being to work on time, you need to reevaluate your decisions.

JoeyDVDZ

That's MR. MOJO, Motherfucker!
Aug 20, 2004
I've never gotten that shit myself. I'm 49 years old and can count on ONE hand the times I've called out of work, and the times I've been late have always been due to circumstances beyond my control like parkway accidents. And I've ALWAYS called them in to my boss so he knows what's happening.

WTF is wrong with the idiots coming up today?

TurgidPriapism

Sep 29, 2016
I've never gotten that shit myself. I'm 49 years old and can count on ONE hand the times I've called out of work, and the times I've been late have always been due to circumstances beyond my control like parkway accidents. And I've ALWAYS called them in to my boss so he knows what's happening.

WTF is wrong with the idiots coming up today?
There's this 22 year old new hire fuck at my job that pulled a no call/no show last week because he had a flat tire... seriously. Apparently even though he got hired here because he has mechanical experience, changing a tire on the side if the road is over this idiots head. Then he texted the dude that's been training him and asked him to call the boss and explain why he wasn't at work. When questioned about it he said he forgot his phone at home so he couldn't call in? I don't know why this mother fucker still has a job here after this stunt, especially when pulling shit like this on probation. I can't wait til he fucks up again and is out of here.

MurphCO

Donator
Dec 13, 2011
Parts Unknown
The ability to understand the concept of time is a big one

The guy that called me passive aggressive......he rides his bike to work, which equates to him showing up at somewhere between 8 and 8:30 any given day, and THEN putting his bike away, changing clothes, making breakfast and THEN sitting at his desk. Mostly I blame the guy in charge of that office, he gives them all too much leeway....

Any conference call with them starts no less than 5 - 10 minutes late, which is on time in millennial world....and I swear to god, they seriously don't get the concept of talking into the microphone loud enough so people can hear them, speak up motherfucker

tattered

Uber-Aryan
Wackbag Staff
Aug 22, 2002
JERZ
Just fucking show up on time. Let's start with that and then work on the other stuff. Holy shit, I hate firing people, it weighs on my soul, yet these kids don't give you any choice. I've had to fire probably 20 people this year, and that's after violating company policy by excusing too many attendance violations. I'm a despicable, booze soaked piece of shit and have only been late or missed work without a call 3-4 times in my life... If I'm lecturing you about being to work on time, you need to reevaluate your decisions.
When i was a valet supervisor i had that issue all the time with these kids we would hire. i had one kid that showed up 5-10mins late every day. i asked him why he was late all the time he said oh thats what time the bus shows up. i then asked why not take the earlier bus and he said it would be there an hour and half early and hed have to wait around that long. i said well thats not my problem you being late however is my problem. either start taking the earlier bus and hang out and watch tv in the cafeteria or whatever for an hour and come clock in on time or your fired.hell you can come and ask the supervisor if you can start early and you can get some ot out of it too but dont think because you started early you can just go clock out after 8hrs because thats not your scheduled shift. you still need to come ask me if you can leave early because you started early. as long as its not busy i wont have a problem with it but remember you have to ask. this fucking kid comes in early and is allowed to start early and just fucking leaves after 8hrs without asking me like i told him he had. when i asked him why hes like well so and so supervisor said i could. i was like he cant make that decision its not his shift you finish on i explicitly told you had to ask me. he did it again a couple days later and i fired him. these kids dont understand the concept of being on time, schedules, or rules. they just want to do whatever they want and come and go as they please. its fucking infuriating. i can count the number of times i called out on 1 hand and the number of times i was late due to things beyond my control on one hand and ive never been written up for anything

Evilton

Why do black people call each other "Monica"?
Oct 1, 2006
No hot chicks... I'm out!

Chip Spackler

Patron Saint of Autists
Donator
Jan 5, 2016
The ability to understand the concept of time is a big one
My dad always taught me 'if you're early, you're on time; if you're on time, you're late.'