OpieRadio Logo
Anthony Cumia Show Logo
Jim Norton Logo

Minuteman Missile Launch Control Center - With Access to Underground Facility

Discussion in 'Cool Websites' started by mr. sin, Feb 21, 2017.

1. mr. sin

mr. sin Registered User

2. Haeder

Haeder South Dakota

Those old missile silo sites have been converted in to tourist sites in many places. Entirely worth the time to seek one out. Completely fascinating.

THE FEZ MAN and mr. sin like this.
  3. THE FEZ MAN

THE FEZ MAN as a matter of fact i dont have 5$

know a guy that knows a guy that bought an old missile silo / launch facility somewhere in upstate new york, he showed me photos of the faculty and if you didn't know what it was you would never know it was even there, the guy built a steel building over the entrance, and converted the rest of the facility into living quarters. the actual missile silo was sealed off because of the water issues, apparently those covers always leaked and they had to run pumps constantly to keep them dry. the real old ones are in quite bad shape. i think it would be cool to own one with the exception of the fact that they are most likely still on the Russians list of places to blow up

JoeyDVDZ likes this.
  4. gleet

gleet What's black and white and red all over?

I used to coyote hunt in the desert way south of an Air Force Base and wondered why the first few miles of road off the highway were so good. It went by a chainlinked plot of land but nothing could be seen from the road. One day I saw blast doors opened, big half circles sticking up. I said that's a missile site. Then google earth started and I looked and sure as shit, that's what it was.

SOS likes this.
  5. Discoman

Discoman Registered User

6. d0uche_n0zzle

d0uche_n0zzle **Negative_Creep**

Turn it into a giant pot farm.